Weird personal MPQ quirks

Options

Comments

• xKOBALTx
    xKOBALTx Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I use the same AP gen team to complete Big Enchilada every day. My quirk is that I won't finish off that last wave until I have enough AP to show all my abilities are ready to go even after the other team is dead. Obviously pointless, but there you go.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm addicted to match 5s.
    Even if I have enough AP to end a match with a power (or more), if there is a match 5 on the board, I'll still make it.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I dunno if it counts as a quirk, but I've been going out of my way to use all my characters instead of just the powerful/boosted/champed ones. This has:

- Saved me a bunch of health packs
    - Given me a new appreciation for heroic PVEs
    - Resulted in most of my roster being downed a lot - the obsessive min-maxer in me took a while to make peace with all those red portraits
    - Made the game way more enjoyable, since it's become more strategic and not just "hoard green and purple so Jean Grey can wipe everyone out" every match

The only ones that just sit now are the severely underleveled or undercovered ones that would mean basically two-manning the node. And Chulk, because lolChulk.
  • generalTsobot
    generalTsobot Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    If I boost, I always put them in the same order. AP+2 Red/Yellow on the left; Blue/Purple in the middle; Black/Green on the right. Maybe it's more efficient to pick them in that order since that's how they're listed in the selection menu, but if they somehow get mixed up (like using an All AP boost instead), I'll take the time to correct them on the next round.

I bet there are even weirder quirks that I don't even realize that I do!
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also one of those that opens Standard first. My thinking is that if I open some standard tokens I'll have a few 1*s in my que, then RNGsus will see the 1* characters in my que and feel sorry for me, giving me better ones. icon_e_wink.gif

Also make Bang, Pow, Smack and Wham noises at my phone. icon_lol.gif

Also use theme based teams. ie; 3 X-Men, 3 FF, 3 Avengers, 3 that are dressed or look alike, 3 Illuminati (Prof. X, Panther, Reed, IronMan, Beast, [who replaced Prof. X], I even incude Steve Rogers, [even though his time in the Illuminati was breif] ). Sometimes couples like Cyc with Pheonix, Storm with Panther, Invisible Woman with Mr. Fantastic. With couples, the 3rd character I put with them is usually someone related to them in the Comics.

And for some reason, when I use a character with an AoE, I get all three enemies down to low health with out killing them. Then when all 3 are low enough, I use the AoE take them out together.

Another thing is I like to use the enemy of whoever the AI is using. For example, if I'm fighting Magneto I use Xavior, or with Daken, I use Wolverine. Then I use them for the final blow. Like with Daken, I always get his health low, then use Wolverine to make the kill.

JJ
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Okay fine! I will fess up. Not like I don't enough quirks. When I use Iron Fist I tap repeatedly on him to make it look like he is hopping on one leg, while using the voice of Peter Lorre, saying; Iiiits tiiiime to waaarmmm upppp Miiiister Exquisite!
  • Captain_Carlman
    Captain_Carlman Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll always ask a friend to open my LTs, and tacos. I figure they cannot possibly be hated by RNG as much as I am.

Haha I always do the same thing with my three year-old daughter. She'll tap it and even if a 2-Star pops up, we'll still cheer like a 100 five-stars popped up.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Jarvind wrote:
    I dunno if it counts as a quirk, but I've been going out of my way to use all my characters instead of just the powerful/boosted/champed ones. This has:

- Resulted in most of my roster being downed a lot - the obsessive min-maxer in me took a while to make peace with all those red portraits
    - Made the game way more enjoyable, since it's become more strategic and not just "hoard green and purple so Jean Grey can wipe everyone out" every match

The only ones that just sit now are the severely underleveled or undercovered ones that would mean basically two-manning the node. And Chulk, because lolChulk.
    I make it a point to use underleveld 4* on trivial nodes in PVE especially if they are boosted. They give me a chance to see what they can do and it is not the same true heal team every time. Also if they die I don't care since I don't use them for hard nodes, or PVP. I even use Cho when he is boosted since he is level 70 but has 12 covers.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One other quirk. Due to pvp I must. Must. Arrange my team with the red/blue damage dealer on the left and the purple/green aoe on the right. Leaving support in the middle mostly in pve and shield sim but that's ok because they're usually many less levels.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    TxMoose wrote:
    One other quirk. Due to pvp I must. Must. Arrange my team with the red/blue damage dealer on the left and the purple/green aoe on the right. Leaving support in the middle mostly in pve and shield sim but that's ok because they're usually many less levels.

Glad to know that I'm not the only person that does this.
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

I make it a point to use underleveld 4* on trivial nodes in PVE especially if they are boosted. They give me a chance to see what they can do and it is not the same true heal team every time. Also if they die I don't care since I don't use them for hard nodes, or PVP. I even use Cho when he is boosted since he is level 70 but has 12 covers.

Make a note everyone! The one player who uses Chulk willingly! wym, I've got a shrink you can talk to...
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Whenever I ko a character their is a little british lady that goes off in my head and says 'you are the weakest link, goodbye!'
  • Vomit Fountain
    Vomit Fountain Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Aethrwolf wrote:
    I do running dialogs in my head during matches.

I also refer to the characters I face a lot in pve by slightly changed names... Dorken, Buggernaught, etc.
    Not Moonstone though, I can't print what call her here. I'd get in trouble.

Oddly enough my phone tends to autocorrect "Moonstone" as "Moonshine". I never change it back. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Juggernaut will forever be Chuggernaut in my head.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I cackle maniacally every time I take down Colossus or Juggernaut or Rags (or equivalent immortal) with Escape Plan. Black man with a tiny gun, taking down gods. Cracks me up every time. And yes I go out of my way to do this.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I do the opposite with tokens, I open from right to left.

I block/turn away the screen when I open a token.

I also use the same enchilada team (Mohawk/Steve/OBW), I thought that more a habit than a quirk though.

I have to have my 2* DDQ team in the "correct" order (Storm/Thor/OBW), even though it really doesn't matter.
  • thesamuraipig
    thesamuraipig Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Options
    In DDQ, whoever Dat Required Character is for the day...I have to build a team around them to fight The Big Enchilada. I used to use the same team every time but now that I have a more diverse roster, I find it's a lot more fun.

Although it backfired on me today with Daken being required...I have never fully leveled him. I know others like him a lot but I'm just not a fan of so many passives. Anyway...wiped with that first team of Daken, Patch and Loki. Got smoked actually. Made it through on the second pass with my current favorite team up of OML and Bullseye + Daken.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    OJSP wrote:
    I have to have my 2* DDQ team in the "correct" order (Storm/Thor/OBW), even though it really doesn't matter.
    Actually, it matters if they are all at the same level.. If Thor is centre, OBW on his right (left side of our screen) and Storm on his left (right side of our screen): OBW will tank blue, instead of Storm. We'll get 4 bluetile.png with Espionage whenever we make a match-3. You can use Windstorm quicker. (Unless of course, you're reading from right to left.. icon_e_smile.gif )

True, I meant more from a "I'm not really gonna lose this" standpoint.
  • Keegan
    Keegan Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I will make whatever match I have to within my control to keep the AI from making a match four on the next turn, no matter the AP cost or consequence. I illogically feel like I'm robbing it of its next move.
  • royalflush95
    royalflush95 Posts: 49 Just Dropped In
    Options
    If there are no enemy tiles, I wouldn't use SQ's Nuts From Above; or no friendly CD tiles, no Hood's Intimidation and so on.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I like using 3* Cyclops a lot, especially against Ragnarok. Every time I have Cyke's black ready to fire, I'll put Ragnarok in front as the target and mutter under my breath "Lightning Bolt this, TINYKITTY!!!!"