Weird personal MPQ quirks

Options
TheWerebison
TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Anyone have things in the game you feel compelled to do? Some little quirk? Here's an example: if I'm fighting random goons with Storm, I don't care how many other abilities I have, I feel infinitely more satisfied killing them with millions of attack tiles.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've developed a few weird quirks with MPQ.

Granted, if it is a time-sensitive match, then I might lapse on some of these, but in general:

If I am using Loki, and there are AP draining countdowns of his on the board, I won't kill the enemy team until the countdowns resolve, even if I could do so without any additional gathered AP.
    If I am using Classic Magneto, I won't cast his blue power unless I have at least seven blue and seven red on the board, even if a lesser amount of tiles will still do the required damage to down a character.
    If I am using *** Cyclops, I won't cast Full Blast unless I have enough red on board to make him "unleash the beast", even if the non-unleashed form would still do the job.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I'm doing a battle rated "trivial" and thus pretty much assured victory. I like to make thematic teams like three members of the Fantastic Four or three X-Men. They don't always actually work together very well but it doesn't matter when the enemies are so wimpy. icon_e_smile.gif
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    Options
    when going into a match, before I press the "fight" button, I wait until the prize I want to show up while cycling. I somehow convinced myself that more often than not, I will win that prize.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If I have multiple types of tokens to open up, ie: Standard, Heroic, Event... I always open up the Standard ones before I open up other tokens. The superstition is that by opening up the Standards first it will warm up RNGesus into giving me better cards when opening up other tokens. Does it work...? I guess I wouldn't do it if I didn't think otherwise. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I do running dialogs in my head during matches.

I also refer to the characters I face a lot in pve by slightly changed names... Dorken, Buggernaught, etc.
    Not Moonstone though, I can't print what call her here. I'd get in trouble.
  • Lilith
    Lilith Posts: 65 Match Maker
    Options
    Lately, every time I throw a Cherry Bomb with Gwen, I shout out (in my head when I'm in public) the old Batman comments. Pow! Biff! Blammo!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I always use the same teams In DDQ when possible.
    I always place charactesr in my team in the order that they appear in my roster going front. left, right.
  • johnmcclane
    johnmcclane Posts: 170
    Options
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    If I have multiple types of tokens to open up, ie: Standard, Heroic, Event... I always open up the Standard ones before I open up other tokens. The superstition is that by opening up the Standards first it will warm up RNGesus into giving me better cards when opening up other tokens. Does it work...? I guess I wouldn't do it if I didn't think otherwise. icon_e_wink.gif
    same thing for me!
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I always use the same teams In DDQ when possible.
    I always place charactesr in my team in the order that they appear in my roster going front. left, right.

Thank God. It's not just me doing this.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's funny to read the "I use all these different characters." From left to right, my roster almost always looks like this on these nodes:

Big Enchilada: LT/DP/Hood
    3* DDQ: Cage/Essential/Fist
    2* DDQ: Thor/OBW/Storm
    Trivial PVE: Cage/Blade/Fist
    PVP: HB/Essential/JG
    SSim: HB/4*Cyc/JG

From my time as a newbie to this day, I like to collect as much AP as possible before I end a match.

I also -hate- to lose (going against the wishes of D3), I likely am one of the more cautious players in the game. This is why I didn't play Gauntlet or grind PVE hard nodes until recently (day 715...around day 650 finally got right PX configuration for winfinite). I almost always take full AP boosts into every PVP match, rarely do I go into any match in the game with less than 3/4th's life left on all characters, rarely do I go into a match vs a higher leveled team.

Also used to love leveling my characters evenly - the championing mechanic has really messed with my OCD.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any time the AI gets a big cascade I say out loud "Come on, seriously"
    I always win a match on a power ability even if the enmy has 1 health
    I use the same team for LR seed teams every time
    I use the same team for DPDQ everyday
    I always use deadpool to unlock the big enchalada so I get DP points
  • PeterGibbons316
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    I always use deadpool to unlock the big enchalada so I get DP points
    Same here. I'm up to 165k now I think.

I try not to use Headbutt on the 1* DDQ so that Juggs takes less damage......even though I won't use him again until DDQ the next day.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LR seeds always drain out the seeds from the top node first. don't know why, but the top gets my attn. first. then bottom right, then bottom left. clockwise. same order for pvp event seeds. top/right/left.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In DDQ I always use the same teams.

Essential, DP, SW. Up to 400K deadpool points.
    BE - Groot (center) IF (left) SW (right), I try to never use an ability on a goon. I only use my AP on board movers.
    1* node, Juggs & Blue only level 1 BW, I always use only 1 headbutt and only on the tile mover if there is one. Then I go for his Green after that as often as I can. I seldom get enough blue to stun.
    2* node, I always use Thor (center), OBW (left), Hawkeye (right).

I also open my tokens from the farthest left (standard) to the farthest right (Deadpool Tacos) and I seldom horde them.

I try to level my characters in increments of 5 once they are above level 100. Up until then I max level them up to their covers.

In PVE I play the nodes backwards on all clears after my first clear to get the harder ones done since I can clear the easier ones with damaged characters if I'm short on time and can't throw together odd teams to try out.

I avoid the prologue now for fear of locking all the nodes and not being to access it if I want to at some time. I went in for the first time yesterday and was surprised that the nodes I had previously won all the rewards for were already locked without an additional play through required. So sad.

I still refuse to roster Moonstone. Don't know why, but I just can't get myself to do it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    That's it? I always curse out my phone hardcore, as if it were the first time I'd ever seen such a thing...
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    When I'm about to eat big damage in pve I try to guess how much during the animation. A fair guess.

When damage is lower - Yes!
    When I'm right or close - No!
    When damage is higher - WHATTT icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gificon_e_surprised.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    simonsez wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    That's it? I always curse out my phone hardcore, as if it were the first time I'd ever seen such a thing...
    With a 9 and a 11 year old I have to watch my language
  • LambadaDave
    LambadaDave Posts: 129 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'll always ask a friend to open my LTs, and tacos. I figure they cannot possibly be hated by RNG as much as I am.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    simonsez wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    With a 9 and a 11 year old I have to watch my language
    I tend to flip my phone off. much more in pve than pvp. for some reason they cascade me to death much more in pve. I guess I'd rather that happen than in pvp. might be just the sheer number of pve matches outweighs the pvp ones, so lots more opportunities for it to happen. it still gets the finger from me though.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    As someone mentioned earlier, if I have standards, heroics, tacos, and LT's, I open standards first, followed by heroics, tacos, and LT's always go last. I don't allow myself to fall below 3k ISO at any time. I use the same exact teams for DDQ everyday. If my 2* Cap, 2* Hawkeye, and 2* Mags aren't available, I use my "Villains Team" of Ares, Moonstone, and Daken. I complete DDQ in the same order everyday...3* tree, then 2* tree. I don't add roster slots until I have a new cover to fill it immediately. I'm currently deciding whether to start hoarding tacos for 5 days before using them on the expired vault.