Your champion 1v1 w/ chess clocks

13»

Comments

• cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    colwag wrote:
    The chess clock is an interesting twist.

Like, depending on how strict it is, picking a character like Modern Black Widow as a 1* may actually end up being a bad thing: If you're tight on time and relying on pure match damage to win, and you have to take 5 turns before your opponent has to take even 1, then you're going to be behind on time, and if they're using Jugg's huge HP or IM35's (weak ****) defense tiles, you might clock yourself out.

The fast self acceleration is probably better then trying to win via stunlock, unless you got some big nukes in the back.

I think you are right, when you actually look at how many HP you would have to cut through using only match damage, even her 4x crit multiplier and 5 turns of giving you board control would be risky.
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    star.png = icon_juggernaut.png
    star.pngstar.png = icon_ares.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.png = icon_cyclops.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png = icon_ghostrider.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png = icon_greengoblin.png

Right now to the reasoning.

In one star land it was actually a tough choice between Spidey and Juggs, as you'll pretty much always be facing a Juggs on the enemy team and Spidey has more versatility. I mean stunning the enemy cheaply when 1V1 is a pretty much guaranteed win. But I sided with Juggs as a couple of cascades from his green in the right way and bingo.

Two star didn't take any time to decide at all. Ares is hands down the winner here. Onslaught is huge damage and powers up the more you save the power. Sunder is a huge damage dealer and with the countdown tile it could stop any Moonstone Gravity Warp for a couple of turns. Chuck a Storm at me and you have 4 blue matches to try and match whilst a human player consciously stops you during that time I will just chip at your health until my victory or I have enough for one hit Onslaught.

Three Star was a tough call between Cyclops, Ironfist and Luke Cage. My thoughts were around someone using Cyclops against Cyclops and that it would be turn order and luck that would call the fight. Ironfist V Cyclops though could be interesting with his passive ticking away whilst I stockpile green for bonus damage. But after some contemplation in 90% of situations Cyclops is going to come out on top 1V1.

Four Star was an easy one again because with a maxed out Penance Stare I just pile the black and wait out the damage unleashing an instant KO that combined with his other powers would probably mean he would win most fights.

Five Star I have no experience with so I went with Green Goblin because it'd be nice to give him a try icon_lol.gif
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    icon_ghostrider.png is a good choice, but another potential victim for icon_iceman.png .

Ice can slow down and drain red while feeding his blue. By the time penance stare is "in the zone", GR could be stunlocked and punched to death. Or, more death than he already is. icon_lol.gif

I would chalk up GR as second to king of the 1v1 hill, creepy bob.
  • Azoth658
    Tryke wrote:
    :ghostrider: is a good choice, but another potential victim for icon_iceman.png .

Ice can slow down and drain red while feeding his blue. By the time penance stare is "in the zone", GR could be stunlocked and punched to death. Or, more death than he already is. icon_lol.gif

I would chalk up GR as second to king of the 1v1 hill, creepy bob.

Yeah I need me a creepy Bobby as he is so darn annoying icon_razz.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the 3* discussion is interesting. cyke, fist, vision, patch, and gamora all have strong 1v1 attributes. I'd love to see this in live-action.
  • Azoth658
    TxMoose wrote:
    I think the 3* discussion is interesting. cyke, fist, vision, patch, and gamora all have strong 1v1 attributes. I'd love to see this in live-action.

Definitely would be interesting to see a new mode similar to this idea.

Maybe a wave based PVP 1V1. So you select three heroes in order 1,2,3 and they go out 1v1 against your opponent 1,2,3 winner stays on.

I could see that potentially having very different strategies to standard PVP and even 1V1 because maybe your Cyclops toasted my IM40 but my second character is CMags and I've wiped all team up tiles and then swapped those blues around. Down to my last hero, who's that Ironfist.... Fire off all my green making all the red my strike tiles then purple fist attack until the win.