Don't Call It A Comeback

Comments

• qvette
    qvette Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I've been playing this for a little over a year, but something i've always wondered is if that 'bloodied' graphic ever meant anything.

It happens when Deadpool does a little off the top, and i think Psylocke does it to you also. Did that used to subtract health from you every round?
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    qvette wrote:
    I've been playing this for a little over a year, but something i've always wondered is if that 'bloodied' graphic ever meant anything.

It happens when Deadpool does a little off the top, and i think Psylocke does it to you also. Did that used to subtract health from you every round?
    I think only Deadpool does it? Anyway it's just a visual effect. Doesn't really do anything.
  • seekie
    seekie Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    I miss the bagman token troll
  • DocWhoville
    DocWhoville Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    I kind of miss that pvp tournament that made you create a team with a 1*, 2*, 3*.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I also miss PvE rubberbanding.
    And before "true-healing" was introduced.
    And when there was no PvE level scaling.
    ...and when nodes in "The Hunt" would drop HP.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Here's an old feature that everyone would love back. Remember when once or twice a week they flashed a banner that said. "Shield has recovered a stolen shipment of ISO!" And everyone received some free ISO. Except now can we all get the whole shipment? icon_rolleyes.gif

Wasn't that just an ISO injection in the early days of the game, where there wasn't much content and a lot of Prologue-grinding went on? Can't see that happening again now, DDQ gives 3700 ISO per day for a minor effort.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    CNash wrote:
    Marine8394 wrote:
    Here's an old feature that everyone would love back. Remember when once or twice a week they flashed a banner that said. "Shield has recovered a stolen shipment of ISO!" And everyone received some free ISO. Except now can we all get the whole shipment? icon_rolleyes.gif

Wasn't that just an ISO injection in the early days of the game, where there wasn't much content and a lot of Prologue-grinding went on? Can't see that happening again now, DDQ gives 3700 ISO per day for a minor effort.

Yes it was. My wife(yes she plays also)and I were chuckling about that so I posted it. Grinding back then had a whole different meaning before 3* stars came out. How about when they gave you tokens because you played 7 straight days! My lord this game has changed. For the betterment of itself and us.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I miss the days when I used to have so much extra ISO that I would buy standard tokens with it because I didn't know any better.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    qvette wrote:

When Deadpool first came out it was said that he was attacking your score directly instead of fighting your characters in game. He's breaking the fourth wall again.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    qvette wrote:

It's only on Deadpool's "A little off the top". He's not attacking the enemy team, he attacks their health bar, so it's a little graphic indicating he's sliced a chunk off the health bar.

It used to put the graphic at the point he lopped off, but now it just shows up on the half way mark regardless of how much HP he actually removes. Kinda kills the effect.
  • Chief270
    Chief270 Posts: 137
    Getting 25 iso per alliance member that played each day instead of the current ratio of 10 iso per.
  • mmrosek
    mmrosek Posts: 40
    I still miss pre-cooldown shields. It was SO much fun hopping like mad...and if you got hit, oh well, try again in an hour.

I wonder if baking would stop if they removed cooldowns...either out of lack of need or necessity (might get risky hopping soon after a bake).
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    tanis3303 wrote:
    I miss the 1* tournament. I don't know why, but I always enjoyed that one, crashing my Hawkeye/Juggs/Storm team into Yelena's and Widows was entertaining, and there was never any clearly OP strategy or insanely boosted characters. Just lvl 40-50 weak-**** characters battling other lvl 40-50 weak-**** characters. It was basically Balance of Power without the scaling. Good times...

These were still going on when I started. Was the only time I felt like a king in 1* land.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I miss the first time clear ISO awards. And the Double ISO is a great, when it's there. I'm one those that needs about 20 million ISO.

DeadPool says it best......
    ZwGQVjI.png?1
    JJ
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really miss the single end time PvP. When the entire MPQ player base is all completely together.

Alliances can't "enforce" as easily since there is only a single time slice. Also, you'll hardly ever run out of targets. Easier not to have to double, triple tap same person since there are more targets available. True you might not be able to play at the exact end but you can shield out whenever you want to. There was always a bit of fun at seeing where you end up. The end times can be rotated.

PvP is\was just much more fun and diverse with every player in the same bucket.

You're located in the "One True TimeZone" (TM), I guess?
  • ngoni
    ngoni Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    How about restoring 4Thor and XF back to pre-nerf levels? If done they'd be back at parity with the likes of HB, JG and Iceman.
  • herm1978
    herm1978 Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Getting 4* from Standard tokens. 1080 now without one.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really miss the single end time PvP. When the entire MPQ player base is all completely together.

Alliances can't "enforce" as easily since there is only a single time slice. Also, you'll hardly ever run out of targets. Easier not to have to double, triple tap same person since there are more targets available. True you might not be able to play at the exact end but you can shield out whenever you want to. There was always a bit of fun at seeing where you end up. The end times can be rotated.

PvP is\was just much more fun and diverse with every player in the same bucket.

I would be all for a single end time if versus events were 62 or 64 hours long. For anybody outside of the Americas they were horrible. I do miss the final 30 minute feeding frenzy.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    ngoni wrote:
    How about restoring 4Thor and XF back to pre-nerf levels? If done they'd be back at parity with the likes of HB, JG and Iceman.

XF Wolvie definitely needs a green boost since now comparable abilities in the 4* range do way more.

Thor though...have you paired her up with IM40? I mean, mine's only level 220 at the moment, but when boosted she was doing a lot of damage that she could just keep piling on. Mine's not even properly covered, she's 5/5/3. Maybe I'm being naive as I tentatively step into 4* land like that one part in Willy Wonka where they see the candy land, but she felt way more powerful when IM40 is able to pour AP into her.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    ngoni wrote:

XF Wolvie definitely needs a green boost since now comparable abilities in the 4* range do way more.

Thor though...have you paired her up with IM40? I mean, mine's only level 220 at the moment, but when boosted she was doing a lot of damage that she could just keep piling on. Mine's not even properly covered, she's 5/5/3. Maybe I'm being naive as I tentatively step into 4* land like that one part in Willy Wonka where they see the candy land, but she felt way more powerful when IM40 is able to pour AP into her.
    IM40 and 4Thor was my go to team in PVP last week with her buff and I have HB over level 270. This team is just so fast with IM40 now. If she could still put out 12 charge tiles this team would be stupid good. Even before the IM40 buff I was using IM40 with 4Thor I just brought along KP to speed up IM yellow or cast it twice.