ETA on spidey/mags nerfs?

Options

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    I have a 5/3/5 C Mag. I only use his red if nobody else on my team has a useful red. It's really not that useful since it does like 2-300 damage and you need a cascade for any AP generation.

I guess you never paired him with a 5/3/5 maxed Patch (or other strike tile provider)? I will be sad when it goes away, but for the time being, it is a truckload of fun!
  • gahudahu wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I have a 5/3/5 C Mag. I only use his red if nobody else on my team has a useful red. It's really not that useful since it does like 2-300 damage and you need a cascade for any AP generation.

I guess you never paired him with a 5/3/5 maxed Patch (or other strike tile provider)? For 2 red ap, you get up to 1300 damages. I will be sad when it goes away, but for the time being, it is a truckload of fun!

I do pair him with Patch. The issue is that a 3/5/5 C Mag relies on someone like Patch to be beastly. A 5/3/5 C Mag is a beast in his own right without needing anyone else.

Theoretically you could go 5/5/3 but then you're taking away C Mags best ability.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    The interesting thing about Magneto is that everyone will tell you a different skill of his is OP. I guess there is a lot of room for different playstyles with him. I don't use the red myself, I'm happy just to kill CD tiles in PvE with the blue and nuking enemies with a maxed purple. Though lately I have realized that it very rarely hits for the full amount, especially since I'm snatching all blue tiles for OBW heals or to remove CD tiles. I think the purple is really fine as it is because of that. The blue is maybe too cheap for what it does, but if it goes away, PvE will suck even more than it does now. I don't use the red so I have no opinion on it, but I wouldn't mind if it gets the brunt of the nerf while the stuff I use stays untouched, sorry icon_razz.gif

I'm just hoping that regardless of what they do, it'll be fair and not another Ragnarok ****.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    jozier wrote:
    gahudahu wrote:
    jozier wrote:

I guess you never paired him with a 5/3/5 maxed Patch (or other strike tile provider)? For 2 red ap, you get up to 1300 damages. I will be sad when it goes away, but for the time being, it is a truckload of fun!

I do pair him with Patch. The issue is that a 3/5/5 C Mag relies on someone like Patch to be beastly. A 5/3/5 C Mag is a beast in his own right without needing anyone else.

Theoretically you could go 5/5/3 but then you're taking away C Mags best ability.

That is what I did for my C Magneto (5/5/3), but I confess I did so with the thought of pairing him with my 5/3/5 Patch icon_e_smile.gif I think his pink skill is actually way overkill (same as the red of Patch), but this is just my play-style.

Edit: fully agree with the post of KaioShin. That's what I really like in the game , you really can custom your team, everyone is having a different experience (though everyone agree Magneto overpowerness has to change icon_e_biggrin.gif )
  • jozier wrote:

You could just establish that a surgical tile destruction can't be used on a CD/special tile, in the same way that Deceptive/Polarity can't change CDs or special tiles.

Even if limited to basic tile you're pretty much guaranteed a match 4 from destroying a single tile in almost all cases, so it'd have to be limited to just one tile. Being able to destroy more than one tile can easily net you more AP than the skill consumes if you did some planning, even if the color returned isn't always the right color.

I also disagree purple being his strongest color. I rarely have any blues to use Magnetic Translocation because unless you get 10p before 5 blue, there won't be any blue left on the field once you're done with Magnetic Field. Although it's not flashy and it takes a lot of clicking, the damage done by Magnetic Field is way more than Magnetic Translocation, but Magnetic Field uses up all the blue tiles. Sure occasionally you get a favorable board so that you can use both, but it's generally far more likely to have 5 blue first and once you have it, there's no need to try to setup for Magnetic Translocation because those 5 blue is usually enough to end the game.
  • KaioShinDE wrote:
    The interesting thing about Magneto is that everyone will tell you a different skill of his is OP. I guess there is a lot of room for different playstyles with him. I don't use the red myself, I'm happy just to kill CD tiles in PvE with the blue and nuking enemies with a maxed purple. Though lately I have realized that it very rarely hits for the full amount, especially since I'm snatching all blue tiles for OBW heals or to remove CD tiles. I think the purple is really fine as it is because of that. The blue is maybe too cheap for what it does, but if it goes away, PvE will suck even more than it does now. I don't use the red so I have no opinion on it, but I wouldn't mind if it gets the brunt of the nerf while the stuff I use stays untouched, sorry icon_razz.gif

I'm just hoping that regardless of what they do, it'll be fair and not another Ragnarok tinykitty.

The purple is not fine, but it doesn't come into play with Magneto because his blue tends to destroy all the blue tiles on the board and since his blue can generally kill a guy in one turn you might as well kill someone with 5 blue instead of trying to get 10 purple.
  • Just wanted to post to say that 'surgical precision' removal would be painfully OP in matches unless it ends the turn. With proper usage, you'll be netting 12 AP per use (knock out a tile so you match 3 above, or blow out the tile separating a vertical match 3/4, etc!), along with some damage, while also having the option to just get rid of problematic tiles. Nopenopenope. My suggestion? 3* version of Juggernaut's Unstoppable Crash. 9 red AP, destroys 8/12/16/21/26 random tiles, dealing base damage + tile damage but no AP.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magneto's blue is my favorite power of the game, and it cannot reliably win a match. If there are a lot of blue tiles on the board, then yes. Generally, though, once he's made 2 blue matches, he can generally use his blue just 1-4 times before that fades away. Sometimes, extra blue to sustain his power keeps raining in, but not always. "If there are 3 blue in any line or column, this power can be free."

If his blue cost 6AP at level 5, it would still be a very handy scalpel for the board, but the usage would be cut drastically. No more free use just for there being 3 blue in a line or column.
  • Here's a nerf on Magneto's red that would also be quite awesome.
      Magnetized Projectile - Red 7 AP
      Magneto propels magnetized projectiles at his enemies, destroying 1 chosen tile (gaining AP) and dealing an extra 21 damage.
      Level Upgrades
        Level 2: Deals 34 extra damage Level 3: Choose 2 tiles. Level 4: Deals 45 extra damage. Level 5: Choose 3 tiles.
      Max Level: 300 extra damage

Currently, Magneto is the best board surgeon. Something like the above would remove the spammability of his 2AP red, but would enhance his board surgery skill.

That would be pretty powerful really.

On a different tack: will the colors be also fixed? In magnetic I'm put quite off-track by yellows going to mags instead of patch. Isn't the tile damage supposed to follow the skills?
    • akboyce
      akboyce Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
      Options
      pasa_ wrote:
      Here's a nerf on Magneto's red that would also be quite awesome.
        Magnetized Projectile - Red 7 AP
        Magneto propels magnetized projectiles at his enemies, destroying 1 chosen tile (gaining AP) and dealing an extra 21 damage.
        Level Upgrades
          Level 2: Deals 34 extra damage Level 3: Choose 2 tiles. Level 4: Deals 45 extra damage. Level 5: Choose 3 tiles.
        Max Level: 300 extra damage

Currently, Magneto is the best board surgeon. Something like the above would remove the spammability of his 2AP red, but would enhance his board surgery skill.

That would be pretty powerful really.

On a different tack: will the colors be also fixed? In magnetic I'm put quite off-track by yellows going to mags instead of patch. Isn't the tile damage supposed to follow the skills?

Not always see GSBW.
      • I still find occasion to use MT even if using Mag's blue skill.

I use his blue skill, it ends up generating purple because of board destruction. If I'm left with one person or there's enough blue on the board for a big shot, I do an MT. Speeds up battles and makes things go very quickly. Sometimes if I have generated a lot more blue than I need, I'll pop some tiles on the board, then MT, then use his blue skill again to start the chain over.
      • If you're not ending the game shortly after you have 2 blue matches you're either having a very unlucky board or you have no idea what you're doing with Magnetic Field.

Even if you're only making a match 4 with no cascades, you're converting 1 blue AP to 4 random AP. By the time your first 2 blue matches run out of steam, you should have collected anywhere between 20-50 AP of other colors. If you can't win with that, you need some serious help. Also, a match 5 on blue does about 700 damage from the initial damage plus the crit match (which is usually automatched given Mangeto's cascade ability). Matching a crit into a match 4/5 is usually 1K damage. Those are about 6 AP ability move damage range, and you usually gain AP instead of losing AP.
      • jozier wrote:
        I still find occasion to use MT even if using Mag's blue skill.

I use his blue skill, it ends up generating purple because of board destruction. If I'm left with one person or there's enough blue on the board for a big shot, I do an MT. Speeds up battles and makes things go very quickly. Sometimes if I have generated a lot more blue than I need, I'll pop some tiles on the board, then MT, then use his blue skill again to start the chain over.

Usually by the time you get 10 purple from blue's destruction you'd only have like 5 or less blue left on the field. Sure, you can always get a good board that also has a lot of blue leftover, but if you have a lot of blue left over the game is already over because those blue can be chained into more Magnetic Fields. Now of course it's faster to finish the last guy with Magnetic Translocation than Magnetic Field 10 times, but the game is still over at that point.

And dropping Magnetic Field to power Magnetic Translocation is total overkill. Not that overkill isn't fun, but the other guy is definitely already dead when you can do that.
      • I wish they would let when the nerf hammer is coming. I don't want to spend ISO on either mags or spidey if they are going to get hammered hard like rags...
      • Polares
        Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
        Options
        They should do Magneto Nerf soon, I have (and I guess I am not the only one) extra covers from the last event they rewarded Magneto covers, waiting to respec Magneto if some ability is nerfed to heavy. So they should do this nerfing before these covers expire.

I am also holding on leveling Spidey above level 99 and I have problems in some PvE because of that.

They should at least tell what are the proposed changes (they could change) for the nerfing, so eveybody could see what is coming and adapt.
      • Magneto is overpowered but he is easy to fix without completely reenvisioning the character. Blue should only be able to overwrite basic tiles and either have its cost increased to 10 or have the color of the protect tile be yellow. Red should be fixed at 5 red AP and do slightly more damage. Purple simply needs to do less damage. Spiderman is a hard one because his ability is difficult to work with. Since increasing the cost of his blue is likely to gut his healing, maybe they want to just get rid of his healing because it'd be very hard to use his heal with any efficiency if it takes 5 blue to create 1 web tile, but coming up with something else to replace Web Bandages is going to be difficult.
      • over_clocked
        Options
        ^ Why would you have problems with Spidey being underleveled? His abilities don't depend on his overall level, unless you mean he's too squishy, but he stuns, so I really don't understand icon_e_biggrin.gif My lvl 53 Spidey has been just as useful as lvl 85 oBW and cStorm (having lvl 230 all the time too).
      • locked wrote:
        ^ Why would you have problems with Spidey being underleveled? His abilities don't depend on his overall level, unless you mean he's too squishy, but he stuns, so I really don't understand icon_e_biggrin.gif My lvl 53 Spidey has been just as useful as lvl 85 oBW and cStorm (having lvl 230 all the time too).

There's serious difference in amount of healing and strength of protect tiles. And on defense the difference is drastic if you need to kill off 1500 life or 2500 or 3500. Before enough webs and shields accumulate you get completely locked.

For lower DPS teams a high level one is auto-pass, while 53 may be just some nuisance.
      • over_clocked
        Options
        Oh, you meant defense. Yeah I lost a humiliating one to 141 Spidey or so recently. 2 AP, holy pasta. I am super fine with 4 already!
      • I wish they would get it done already, Spidey is my favorite and the suspension whether I have to retire him is killing me.