Regarding Deadpool's Daily Quests* Updated (02/19/16)

124»

Comments

• alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    rkd80 wrote:
    Arg, I see the update - not fun. I dont want easier.

I want harder, but more iso. Add a 5th node and make it hard enough such that newbies don't win, but vets can use it to harvest more iso if they so choose.

This is one easy place to provide additional iso, i cannot understand why it is not being done. Are people buying so much iso as to justify keeping a tight lid on it?

Which is exactly what DPD was not intended to be. It's supposed to help newbies not pander to vets - game has no long term future without newbies and yet all the vets on the forums want is fights only they can win
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iso shortage is a big problem later in the game. One of the reasons they haven't just, to pick a number, doubled iso prizes across the board is that it would provide too much progression too quickly to new players. Assuming that's a problem, then a logical way around that is to provide sources of iso inaccessible to new players. Maybe adding a wave to one of the nodes isn't the best way to go about that. A progression reward for finishing the whole thing including the 4* fight maybe?
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    one of the simplest things they could do is double or triple the sell price of covers on fully champ maxed characters. I might rebuild 2daken, axwolvie, and 2hawk if they did, knowing eventually I'd get the iso back, albeit a looooong time. that gates the noobs and gives access to 3*+ players. I think they also need to add iso to pvp progressions at 1100 and 1200 - both need to be 1K or more. that'd help quite a bit too, and not going to 1* and 2* players.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,289 Chairperson of the Boards
    TxMoose wrote:
    one of the simplest things they could do is double or triple the sell price of covers on fully champ maxed characters. I might rebuild 2daken, axwolvie, and 2hawk if they did, knowing eventually I'd get the iso back, albeit a looooong time. that gates the noobs and gives access to 3*+ players. I think they also need to add iso to pvp progressions at 1100 and 1200 - both need to be 1K or more. that'd help quite a bit too, and not going to 1* and 2* players.

Easiest thing they can do, as I have stated before after certain # days do away with random Shield supply rewards and make them give iso. Solves part of the iso need issue and awards iso by how long you have played getting around the whole concern of giving too much iso to new players (although I honestly don't see that as a huge concern because you want newer players to be more competitive faster to keep the game alive). Make "random" days that give me power boosts or 3 health packs or a standard token or 100 Iso disappear. Instead give players on days 1-100 x Iso, days 101-200 x+500 iso, days 201-300 x+750 iso etc, etc. Keep the current set rewards for covers and CPs and larger ISO amounts as is.

Yes it is a handout I am asking for....but at this point it helps solves the iso issue to a degree while getting around a major issue I see brought up on the forums all of the time without requiring us to devote even more of our time to this game. I already play the game for close to 2 hours a day and I don't need that to increase. And no, those of us who have played for a long time, we don't need compensation as some will ask for all of those iso days we missed if they change to something like this...just be happy not getting standard tokens or 100 iso per day going forward from the Shield supply rewards.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Why did D3/Demiurge want to make this harder at all? The changes clearly weren't just of the "make it more random" variety, but a clear increase in difficulty which seems to be diametrically opposed to the reason for its creation. Can someone explain why it was apparently deemed "too easy" and throttling progression was desirable?
  • Today DDQ is something like:

"Oh. You guys hate Ultron? Here's two waves of Ultron in TBE and another in that 2stars wave (with Blade as first wave)"

I've spent money on this game but I start regretting it now. They don't care about our opinion. Just money from those healthpack Variety is welcome but absurd difficulty is not. DDQ has been made for players to transit to 3stars easier. But now requires 3 stars to make it. Yes, I have enough 3 stars clear them but what about new players? Why do they have to clear unnecessarily difficult node just to get the same reward we used to get?

If nothing better, I think I'll quit this week. No more money from me and my friend.
  • bickle
    bickle Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Yeah I'm not enjoying this at all anymore. It was a nice and fun distraction, but the increased difficulty just saps all enjoyment from it. Not much fun playing a game when it just stresses you out.