* * * * DEVS - WE NEED MORE ISO * * * *

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Anyone else read the title and immediately think of every RTS game they ever played?

You must construct additional pylons.
    Plebs are needed.
    Low Power.
    Silos needed.
    Insufficient funds.
    Unable to comply building in progress.
    Worm sign.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Heck, just getting rid of the skip tax would help.

Personally, my spend in a given PvP is between 1500-2000. 6000/wk would help because 6000>0, but it's not exactly solving the problem.

Double iso is what everyone here asked for, it's what is really needed.
  • At the very least we should eliminate the expiry date of characters when cards are opened.

People want to open packs to help with the ISO costs (selling off unwanted characters/duplicates etc) but now we get penalized if we open one and don't have the ISO (or hope of getting enough ISO) prior to the character expiring.
  • Esheris
    Esheris Posts: 216 Tile Toppler
    I still have a ton of fully covered 3*'s sitting around the 130~ level, I would love to champion them but don't have the iso.

A small fix would be to allow us to use covers of that character as a level, just like how it works with championing (1 cover = 1 level), even if underleveled. Of course you wouldn't use this early on when levels are cheaper than 500 Iso but it would be amazing later on.

My Daredevil is at level 129 but fully covered, if I get another cover I could save 1500~ Iso by applying the cover to him instead of just selling it.

So you wouldn't directly be getting more Iso, but you would still be helping out your lower roster while working on that big project (Like those shiny 5*'s!).
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    lots of good ideas here. hopefully something is considered as part of the "Quality of Life" changes we are seeing

I am going to ignore anyone who has said (or will say) anything about "wanting everything without working for it" or any variation of that. you obviously didn't read, or didn't understand the OP.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not only do we need more ISO, we need it in a format that will help -EVERYONE-. Don't change it to leveling costs only again!

I'm hesitant to level many 4*'s, because I was hit so hard by even leveling the 3*'s. They lowered the leveling costs of 3*'s mostly below level 140, and I had every single 3* at 140 or higher...I added it up and lost about 1.5 million ISO by even-leveling those characters. At the time lots of folks asked for compensation that never came, this time they can make up for it before hand by inserting ISO into the game rather than change leveling costs.
  • cardoor
    cardoor Posts: 185 Tile Toppler
    Month long ISO gauntlet - no scaling - 2* roster will only get so far before it gets too difficult, same for 3* etc - all rewards are ISO -starts over each month
  • I am in favor of subtle increased Iso flow.

Like, just make the 100 Iso rewards in PVE nodes 250 more often. Have 2500 be a drop on the daily supplies more often. Increase the sale value of fully covered/leveled characters.

It doesn't need to be anything big proud and loud like "Double Iso Everywhere". Just quietly add more and more here and there.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    colwag wrote:
    I am in favor of subtle increased Iso flow.

Like, just make the 100 Iso rewards in PVE nodes 250 more often. Have 2500 be a drop on the daily supplies more often. Increase the sale value of fully covered/leveled characters.

It doesn't need to be anything big proud and loud like "Double Iso Everywhere". Just quietly add more and more here and there.

This. I love the new 7 reward format, but hard and essential nodes shouldn't have 70 & 100 iso in them. 140+ only please.

Edit for unpopular opinion: I think they should also either cap or eliminate the sharing rewards. Why? Because I'm concerned that they view that as a source when determining how much iso players are getting when many people are either using Steam, don't want a fb account or don't want to pollute their fb account with hundreds of new "friends".
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    I'm in favor of a a deluge of ISO poured upon us as if we had just gotten Zeus laid.

I love that we get covers at the speed we do now, but I am literally MILLIONS of ISO away from being able to really use many of them. It's like being given a Ferrari for your 12th birthday. Just 4 more years and you can drive it whenever you want, champ!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I may be the only one who thinks the iso flow rate is acceptable. I just took icon_iceman.png from 170 - max in the 14 days cover window, a day later I took icon_cyclops.png from 256 -max. In the following 3 days I've gone from 25k iso to 115k iso.

Stay focused and play with a plan
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2016
    fmftint wrote:
    I may be the only one who thinks the iso flow rate is acceptable. I just took icon_iceman.png from 170 - max in the 14 days cover window, a day later I took icon_cyclops.png from 256 -max. In the following 3 days I've gone from 25k iso to 115k iso.

I'll chime in since I won't be the only one with the unpopular opinion and agree. I feel the ISO rate is pretty good, DDQs being implemented helped a ton, and champions plus the removal of 20 ISO has helped now too. I also recently finished my Iceman and had to take him from 140 to 270 in 14 days because I pulled an extra one. It turns out I am going to finish in about 10 or so. Completing a 4* in 10 days seems acceptable to me. It really depends on how much you grind PVP, PVE, DDQs, and Lightning rounds (PVE and DDQs being the most important however).

At some point players have to realize a long term game has to have long term goals. If the ISO level is doubled, I feel this same conversation would come up once more players hit the 5* realm, then 6, then 7....
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

If you're making 30K ISO a day, can you share your method? I played PVE, DPD and the LRs religiously this week and didn't come close to those numbers.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:

If you're making 30K ISO a day, can you share your method? I played PVE, DPD and the LRs religiously this week and didn't come close to those numbers.

I play PVP to 1k points, PVE to top 50, Lightning rounds if I can fit them in my schedule, hit DDQs every day, and my alliance hits top 100 every pvp and pve.

I had most of my 3*s maxed, so championing costed very little, and now I am simply getting all that ISO back suddenly (and a ton of other prizes). Champion those 3*s!
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:

1 I stopped buying iso boosts
    2 get all 7 rewads from all pve nodes
    3 drastically cut back on the skip button
    4 T20-50 in all events/sub events
    5 sell every unneeded cover, don't be tempted to level and champoin a 3☆ just because you pulled a few covers
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    25K ISO a day? Is MPQ your job?
  • Konman
    Konman Posts: 410 Mover and Shaker
    I need more 4* covers to spend my ISO on. I literally have more ISO right now, than I have ever had in 700+ days of playing, and that's after Champing every character I possibly could. Largely because I can't get enough covers of any particular 4* character to make them usable, and justify spending the ISO I have.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Just a bit of a reality check, here: what exactly do people think Iso is getting them? Higher level 4* characters don't make the game any easier (in fact, very much the opposite). Championing nets you some stuff, but actually leveling your characters for the sake of leveling characters doesn't do anything to change how the game plays. If you feel like you need a million Iso to get your Ghost Rider or whatever up to "competitive" levels, that's just your own fault for spending Iso on your other 4*s in the first place. You could have left all your characters at level 120 or 144 and had exactly the same (or easier) play experience except without any Iso shortage. The game does absolutely nothing (besides championing) to reward you for using Iso, and quite a bit to punish you for it.

Trying to develop a 5* roster does screw with MMR enough that you (I guess) need to get 255s to make it work, but even then the last 15 levels of a 4* are worth exactly zilch. (And honestly who actually wants to play in the 5* metagame?)

The only thing that Iso is actually good for in its own right is paying the skip tax. If you feel like you don't have enough Iso, just stop trying to max out all your characters. It only makes the game worse.
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    25K ISO a day? Is MPQ your job?

Oh yes. I live off money from whales and buyers clubs and I'm actually Hifi, IceIX and Cthulhu in one *rolls eyes*
  • Guys, I've already solved this problem. Just waiting on the devs to implement my suggestion.....

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36834