* * * * DEVS - WE NEED MORE ISO * * * *

Jam_Adams
Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
as the title says, there are countless complaints on a daily basis over the ISO shortage in this game.

I get the feeling the current ISO reward system was fine, back when the meta was 2* and 3* (and a handful of 4*) characters.

but in the game's current landscape, the current meta is 4* (and a handful of 5*), with there now being significantly more 3* than there used to be. and since there are no more 3* in development, you could argue the 3* are on their way out. much like how the game has largely passed the 2* meta.

over time, the game has been flushed with new and higher level characters, but the rewards system has not concurrently increased. a year ago, introducing DDQ was a great way to inject some ISO daily, but I now feel DDQ is not even meeting my ISO needs (and apparently a vast number of others as well).

I get the drawbacks. D3/demi need to make money. also, you don't want TOO much ISO in the system. The amount of ISO available to a player should scale to their roster/needs somehow. You don't necessarily want a new player winning tens of thousands of ISO every day. so it's a delicate balance, and I get that.

I'm not saying "GIVE ME MORE ISO". I'm not entitled to anything. and I'm not saying to adjust or increase the rewards as they currently exist. However, I would relish AN OPPORTUNITY to earn more ISO, much in the same way DDQ did for us a year ago. it was not a given you'd clear the DDQ, but you could try. and the higher-leveled your roster, the more you could win.

perhaps an additional (6th) DDQ node would suffice, DAILY. make that node worth a few thousand. maybe even add the commandpoints.png back in. just, please, do something.

thank you for your time.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    We need double, maybe triple the ISO we currently get. Personally, I'd be happy with every off-season event being double or triple ISO across the board.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think in celebration of all the new positive changes as of late, 30 days of double iso!!!!
  • Ralph-Wiggum
    Ralph-Wiggum Posts: 175 Tile Toppler
    Malcrof wrote:
    I think in celebration of all the new positive changes as of late, 365 days of double iso!!!!

Fixed that for you. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Getting rid of the skip tax would save me TONS of iso8big.png !
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously. It's just demoralizing playing this much just to get my IM40 maxed and still needing another 40k for that before I can go back to bringing up 4*s. It's so sloooooow.
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    I would love double ISO. maybe a short event would suffice as a short burst.

but I think higher ISO rewards should be gated somewhat.

how long ago was it that levelling costs were reduced for 3*? a year or more? maybe something like that could be an option, if they don't want to add ISO.
  • CaptainFreaky
    CaptainFreaky Posts: 451 Mover and Shaker
    Jam_Adams wrote:

You don't necessarily want a new player winning tens of thousands of ISO every day. so it's a delicate balance, and I get that.

This is likely one of the biggest roadblocks to increasing ISO flow for those of us in the 4^ and beyond transition - EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO (which I'm not sure they do). Because almost all of the play modes have ALL players competing for THE SAME rewards, it is tricky to develop something that might give me the 5K ISO I need to advance my 4^ by 2 whopping levels while not being a massive infusion of ISO to a new player.

The answer to this is to develop tiered play modes, as many, many others have suggested. I will not offer my own since there are so many good ones, but basically there would need to be play modes for those with further developed rosters with appropriate rewards (namely, more ISO).

Alternately, they could just code in a multiplier to all rewards based on length of play - so if you're on Day 700 you get more ISO from EVERY reward than someone who gets the same reward at day 100 (though I can imagine some might call that unfair for other reasons).
  • I've been playing end of event PVPs and PVEs mainly because lazy but with the 20 iso gone I should prob. casually play PVEs more.

Like, not even trying to get placements or progress just whenever I feel like it to a clear of a sub or two and get stuff.

That does make Iso flow better, even if it is still far from enough.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    there are so many ways this could be addressed - any/all would be tremendous:

* reset the prologue for some amount of hp,
    * add iso into progressions,
    * bump ddq iso (since its considerably more difficult),
    * add iso to the 4* ddq reward,
    * increase drop amounts,
    * double the sale price of max champed covers,
    * lower the $ cost of iso in the store

my roster needs the help too. I have key characters that need levels but it happens soooo slooooowwwwwly.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    [sarcasm: on] It takes me too long to level up my covers, we should just rid of ISO-8 and level for free!!! [sarcasm: off]

ISO-8 is the mechanism to get you to play more often in order to level up. It rewards those that put in more of an effort. Would I like to have all my covers maxed level? Of course, but I'm willing to work for it. Sorry.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why do we need more?

I prefer facing opponents of varied levels and not just maxed and championed everything.

And more ISO would mean more legendary tokens from championing which means I would be facing mre all 5* teams.

What's the upside here? I already get to enjoy levelling and championing the characters I feel are essential while still enjoying variety in opponents.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:
    [sarcasm: on] It takes me too long to level up my covers, we should just rid of ISO-8 and level for free!!! [sarcasm: off]

ISO-8 is the mechanism to get you to play more often in order to level up. It rewards those that put in more of an effort. Would I like to have all my covers maxed level? Of course, but I'm willing to work for it. Sorry.

Agreed, choose your 4 stars and characters to level up carefully for your play style. That's what it should be about, not then all.

Regards ISO the only area I would change is PVE. Have no ISO rewards during the event but change the points per event to ISO either 1 for 1 or some other figure/multiplier. So if you grind a 7 day pve you are rewarded with an ISO/points conversion at the end. Score 70k, get 70k ISO. That way it might get more people playing than waiting to snipe covers. Sure carry on waiting to snipe but get a tiny iso reward.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Arphaxad wrote:

Most of us are willing to work for it, and have been..

Currently though, even playing 5+ hours a day, i am around 9 million ISO short of leveling just the covers i currently have, if i never pull another needed one again...

so, at the current rate, about 2+ years or so, if they never release another character again, and i never draw another needed cover again..

This is almost enough to make you want to throw it away.
  • Tony Foot wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:

Agreed, choose your 4 stars and characters to level up carefully for your play style. That's what it should be about, not then all.

Regards ISO the only area I would change is PVE. Have no ISO rewards during the event but change the points per event to ISO either 1 for 1 or some other figure/multiplier. So if you grind a 7 day pve you are rewarded with an ISO/points conversion at the end. Score 70k, get 70k ISO. That way it might get more people playing than waiting to snipe covers. Sure carry on waiting to snipe but get a tiny iso reward.

I do kiiiiinda feel like that's already happening (to a lesser extent) with the no-20 Iso change.

7 rewards for every node, more play, more Iso, especially in the longer subs with more events overall in them.

You can snipe the end of a 7 dayer, or can play for the 7 days and get a good 7 days of rewards.
  • Arimis_Thorn
    Arimis_Thorn Posts: 541 Critical Contributor
    Jam_Adams wrote:

You don't necessarily want a new player winning tens of thousands of ISO every day. so it's a delicate balance, and I get that.

This is likely one of the biggest roadblocks to increasing ISO flow for those of us in the 4^ and beyond transition - EVEN IF THEY WANTED TO (which I'm not sure they do). Because almost all of the play modes have ALL players competing for THE SAME rewards, it is tricky to develop something that might give me the 5K ISO I need to advance my 4^ by 2 whopping levels while not being a massive infusion of ISO to a new player.

And what exactly is the concern with flooding new players with ISO? What are they going to do with it that is game breaking? Buy a truckload of standard tokens? Who cares?
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the big thing that needs to change is a he cost to level 4*. I currently have 35 championed 3*, 3 max leveled 4*. I have 13 4* with 13 covers and another 4 with 12 covers. 9 of my 4* are at level 70. I play PVE, PVP, LR, and DPDQ. I can currently max level a 4* once a month with the no 20 ISO it might take a week off from being able to level a 4*. With a 4* release every 2 weeks I am falling behind every day. The last 70 levels takes 241k ISO on a 4* if they could reduce this number down it would make the 4* transition so much more enjoyable. Trying to level multiple 4* at once is brutal with the amount of ISO needed. I would love to level the 9 4* at level 70 but why should I when they will take 150k ISO to be useful in PVE when buffed. For PVP it will take 400k ISO to be useful. Lower the cost and you fix the ISO shortage
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's tough that it takes around a month to level up every 4*. You'd better be really excited about that 4* to spend an entire month leveling it up. That's a long time for one single character.

The main problem is that no character is all that useful in pvp until they are championed. Somehow my lv 130 JG isn't scaring anyone away!
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Malcrof wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:

Most of us are willing to work for it, and have been..

Currently though, even playing 5+ hours a day, i am around 9 million ISO short of leveling just the covers i currently have, if i never pull another needed one again...

so, at the current rate, about 2+ years or so, if they never release another character again, and i never draw another needed cover again..

This is almost enough to make you want to throw it away.
    omg. 5 hours a day?

but also the other things you said. I've made this point before, but there seems to be a complete disconnect between the realities of the mechanics of this game, namely how much ISO is awarded, and the amount of new covers that are distributed. More importantly, how quickly the game leaves behind players that don't get lucky enough to snag 4-6 covers during release events. I eventually had to whale IF and 3* Cyc covers just to catch up and be a functional 3* player, then had to do the same thing for Rulk and 4Clops to try and compete with those players.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Jam_Adams wrote:

The answer to this is to develop tiered play modes, as many, many others have suggested. I will not offer my own since there are so many good ones, but basically there would need to be play modes for those with further developed rosters with appropriate rewards (namely, more ISO).

Alternately, they could just code in a multiplier to all rewards based on length of play - so if you're on Day 700 you get more ISO from EVERY reward than someone who gets the same reward at day 100 (though I can imagine some might call that unfair for other reasons).

Just squish the cost to level 4* and little for 3* and be done with it.
  • Nightglider1
    Nightglider1 Posts: 703 Critical Contributor
    Heck, just getting rid of the skip tax would help.