Dear D3: thank you for running Blue Shift off-season

Comments

• SnowcaTT wrote:
    No, thank you for running him off-season so we don't have to shout at the screen to hurry up some of the slowest animations in the game, which fire off over and over and over, while concerned about shield-hops. Thank you so much for making sure to run him off-season for that reason!

If it makes you feel any better, anybody who would be attacking you while you're unshielded would also have to deal with two Quicksilvers bungling around with two Supersonics every blue match.

And that if they ever let you disable animations, then NOT doing so would put you at a competitive disadvantage for that reason icon_e_sad.gif
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh really? Again with the "if you don't use line and do shield hops you will never be successful" tripe. Why does oog chat need to be required just to succeed?

I've gotten ridiculously far without ever doing either.

Huh? I didn't say anything? icon_e_sad.gif

But honestly, if it wasn't for the coordination and some of us wanting to go for 1300 in BOP, that would have been a whole lot worse than what it turned out and that was with me being one of the frontrunners in Slice 1. Rode that wave all the way to first place in my bracket. I'm not leading Blue Shift but I greatly appreciate those that are and are letting us know when they are putting points into the pull in order to score 1k-1.3k without much hassle other than people hitting us from below.

After leading a pvp myself, I have a newfound respect for those people that help out everyone through line. It's not even about placement anymore. Hassle free climbing to reach rewards is great and 25CP is better than any reward I can possible get right now. Gonna stock those until I can do 10 consecutive pulls for 5 stars.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    I didn't quote you, so I wasn't directly responding to you. I was making a general reply in response to LordXberk.
  • BigRussian
    BigRussian Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    I echo the sentiment others also have around why do i need to use an out of game communication system to further my progress?

Collusion against those who don't use it?? Feels like it takes away from the experience I'm looking for from a tinykitty match 3 game.

Definitely need to look at potentially removing the loss of points in PVP matches (no??)
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Riddle me this:
    I've read that people say they "queue up" their targets while they are shielded so they have high point value fights when they break shield to hop. Isn't the probability very high that they guy you queued at 45+ points will only be worth about 20 by the time you fight him? If they were a juicy target for you, then they are for everyone else too.
    So, why bother to waste your skips while you are shielded if by the time you fight them, they'll have been beaten back down and worth a fraction of the points you thought they were worth?

I don't use Line for shield checks and coordinated hopping, but I do what you mention above, which is to say, pre-queue targets.

A couple of tips:
    (1) Try and line up verifiable targets from your leaderboard. This means, you either try and line up people in your T10 individual, since you can see them, or you line up someone from your T10 alliance leaderboard. If you tap on the Alliance score next to the T10 alliance, you can see everyone's individual scores, so point totals are guaranteed.
    (2) Get to know the names of the higher end players in your slice with rosters you can reasonably beat. You can be pretty sure that their point values will be at least as advertised, if not higher. The more familiar with names you are, the less you'll need to rely on the T10 individual/alliance leaderboards.
    (3) Check the alliance names of your targets. Again, if they're from high end PvP alliances, they're likely to retain, if not exceed their advertised score totals.

Finally, try and do people the courtesy of giving them time to finish their hops before you unshield to hit them. If you're parked at 800/850 and shielded, you have plenty of time to wait, before you hit them. Firstly, because it's just a friendly thing to do; and secondly, because if you're deliberately lining up X-Men, Crew, LJ, NJ etc because of guaranteed score totals, you really don't want to be sniping them, unless you want to be squished like bug.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Also, can we take the discussion about out of game communication into its own thread, please?
  • ArcanaMoon
    ArcanaMoon Posts: 72 Match Maker
    At least this is not a season where every second counts.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    ArcanaMoon wrote:
    At least this is not a season where every second counts.

This (and the above discussion) reminds me of the game show "A minute to win it" (or something like that) icon_e_biggrin.gif

Maybe they should try that with MPQ. Hah!
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use Line. Line only saves you some skip tax. Hopping to 1000 is completely possible with a 3* roster and 1-4 shields. Ignore the part about Line and listen to the rest of the tips.

In addition to thinking about which high point nodes will still have high points when you hit them, also consider trying a different slice. Slice 4 for the Fri and Sun events have lots of high end alliances in them, meaning more 50+ point targets. Queue them up, wait 10 min, then get easy big points.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    while we're talking about blue shift. can someone explain why, if there are 3 locked tiles on the board and a blue match is made (with both qs still around), does the team that didn't make the match get to use quicksilver's detonate? cause to me this makes no sense whatsoever.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    jredd wrote:
    while we're talking about blue shift. can someone explain why, if there are 3 locked tiles on the board and a blue match is made (with both qs still around), does the team that didn't make the match get to use quicksilver's detonate? cause to me this makes no sense whatsoever.

Offense fires their abilities first, then defense.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    scottee wrote:
    jredd wrote:

99% of the time this makes sense. in this circumstance, it does not.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    You need to time it right. If there are three locked tiles, then let your opponent match blue next. Just hope he doesn't fire a green first.

In this pvp, I'm using Carnage as well, so hopefully people will all skip me because they don't want their match with me to last forever.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    jredd wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    jredd wrote:

It does explain it, if not clearly. It is the emergence of the 5th locked tile (from a blue match) that triggers Supersonic, so whoever actually generates that 5th locked tile, gets the credit for Supersonic.

So, in this situation, there's 3 locked. You make a blue match and so the 4th locked tile is generated by you. The other team, the defense, then generates the 5th locked tile in response to your same blue match and that's the trigger, so they get credit for the Supersonic.

Be aware that his QS's green can make locked tiles too, but I don't think it can trigger Supersonic, there has to be a blue match. ( I haven't been a position to test that out though, so I could be wrong on that part.)
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    jredd wrote:
    scottee wrote:
    jredd wrote:

It does explain it, if not clearly. It is the emergence of the 5th locked tile (from a blue match) that triggers Supersonic, so whoever actually generates that 5th locked tile, gets the credit for Supersonic.

So, in this situation, there's 3 locked. You make a blue match and so the 4th locked tile is generated by you. The other team, the defense, then generates the 5th locked tile in response to your same blue match and that's the trigger, so they get credit for the Supersonic.

Be aware that his QS's green can make locked tiles too, but I don't think it can trigger Supersonic, there has to be a blue match. ( I haven't been a position to test that out though, so I could be wrong on that part.)

100% correct, his green will NOT trigger the Aoe, it only triggers on a blue match.. i had 6 locked tiles on the board at one point before a blue match became available.

With the change in his green, maybe there should be bonus damage for more than 4 locked ^^
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh really? Again with the "if you don't use line and do shield hops you will never be successful" tripe. Why does oog chat need to be required just to succeed?

nobody said what you put in quotes, what was said was
    LordXberk wrote:
    As someone who went thru the phase you're in right now, the easiest thing is to get on LINE and find a shield check room for whichever slice you're in. You'll quickly figure out who is going to shield and hop quickly to maintain their points so your 45 Qs become 55-75pt Qs by the time you hit them during a hop. Alternatively, you need to keep checking the Top 10 and seeing which alliance those guys are in (Villains, Xmen, MPQU, NJL, Lumberjacks, etc, etc, etc). When you Q members from those top alliances, the odds are that they will have juicy point totals by the time you hit them. This seems like a ton of work, but it becomes pretty easy after a few PVPs, and it's much, much better than always getting beaten down from 900ish and never hitting 1000 or 1300. Hope this helps.
    what he said was "the easiest thing". and although I've never used line, I firmly believe that to be true. there's a pretty long extrapolation from that to..."will never be successful". don't put quotes in others peoples mouths that they didn't say please.

sry - had to make that pt. don't care if it gets pulled or whatever. is completely off-topic.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    How do you get an invite to a shield check room though? I downloaded line once and tried but theirs no way to search and join them.

I asked on reddit for information once, and was told to get lost because I'm not in a real alliance.

I deleted line thereafter. Its so backwards that it is this ambiguous thing that we're not supposed to really talk about, but apparently represents an edge that no one admits is meaningful, yet people still participate in it nevertheless. Its weird.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shield check rooms are confusing. You need to be in a top alliance, and then ask one of your alliance mates to have you invited to the room. It is a bit strange. Once you leave the room or get booted, you can't get back in without another invite.
  • boldfacedfemme
    boldfacedfemme Posts: 227 Tile Toppler
    TxMoose wrote:

LordXberk wrote:
    As someone who went thru the phase you're in right now, the easiest thing is to get on LINE and find a shield check room for whichever slice you're in. You'll quickly figure out who is going to shield and hop quickly to maintain their points so your 45 Qs become 55-75pt Qs by the time you hit them during a hop. Alternatively, you need to keep checking the Top 10 and seeing which alliance those guys are in (Villains, Xmen, MPQU, NJL, Lumberjacks, etc, etc, etc). When you Q members from those top alliances, the odds are that they will have juicy point totals by the time you hit them. This seems like a ton of work, but it becomes pretty easy after a few PVPs, and it's much, much better than always getting beaten down from 900ish and never hitting 1000 or 1300. Hope this helps.
    what he said was "the easiest thing". and although I've never used line, I firmly believe that to be true. there's a pretty long extrapolation from that to..."will never be successful". don't put quotes in others peoples mouths that they didn't say please.

sry - had to make that pt. don't care if it gets pulled or whatever. is completely off-topic.

**** does nobody get the meaning of a general reply? If I wanted to say someone said a specific phrase, I WOULD QUOTE THEM DIRECTLY.

It has been said by a few in the past on this board that using Line is the 'only' way to succeed because whatever reason. You point is pointless.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:

LordXberk wrote:

**** does nobody get the meaning of a general reply? If I wanted to say someone said a specific phrase, I WOULD QUOTE THEM DIRECTLY.

It has been said by a few in the past on this board that using Line is the 'only' way to succeed because whatever reason. You point is pointless.

Prior to your complaint about Line, LordXberk is the only one who mentioned Line in this thread. It is a fair assumption that your post was then a response to his, even though you did not quote him directly. Either that or you just randomly post non sequiturs on the forums.