Forum Thread

Comments

• Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 2 5* covers (sitting on an OML atm) and I have opened somewhere between 22-25 tokens so I estimate about 9%, close to but slightly under average.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't remember my odds, but so far I've built up a lv 390 oml, so I'm quite happy with that, even though I get plenty of 6th covers for non-championed 4* characters; ie covers I've needed to convert to a measly 1000 iso after an endless grind. But there are still others who can defeat me easily!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    But there are still others who can defeat me easily!
    FYI - this will always be the case... took me a while to learn to have fun and be satisfied where I am and not chase the next tier up. game is much more fun that way. and less expensive.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had gotten very close to 10% before my current cold streak, 17 token_legendary.png since my last star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

8.3% as of today
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    While the responses to this poll are probably very biased (people who got bad rates are more likely to come here and complain), it does one thing very well. It illustrates that even if the OVERALL rate of pulls is correctly hitting 10%, there are A TON of people that are getting outcomes much less than 10%, and it feels absolutely **** for that to happen.

Devs, introduce a streak-breaker, or a progress bar, or a vault. Completely random distribution of an extremely key resource with a relatively small number of pulls is a TERRIBLE way to do things.
  • lymang
    lymang Posts: 97 Match Maker
    I received SS as a random pull from the original recruit cover. Since LT's came out I have gotten 3 (2 phoenix, 1 OML) and I would guess that I've opened 30-40 LT's so I'm actually thinking it's not TOO far from 10%
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I'm at 10/116, although I'm sitting on 17 tokens and almost 600 cp (will open all soon).

As for how many were available to win, it's nine every two weeks from PvE and PvP (minus two, I think, for the two Gauntlet runs). Too lazy to count weeks since 9/10.

Plus 30, I believe, from DDQ 4* challenge.
  • I've opened approximately 50 LT and have only received 2 5* (yellow OLM and red Ph) for 4% pull rate to go with my 2 other 5* covers from daily rewards (black SS & OLM). I am more of a casual player so all of the 4* covers have gone a long way to help out my 4* DDQ events but LT haven't been kind to me.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    SS was released 9/10 and OML about a month later. I opened 20 tokens when OML came out and got zero 5* covers. Since then I have maintained my 5 LTs/week (more or less) with additional tokens for CP and buyer clubs. Overall I think I have opened over 200 LTs, and have eight 5* covers to show for it: 3-4%
    I'm in almost the same boat. Saved up LTs until the draw rate rose to 10%, then opened 26. Zero 5* and nine 4* I had to sell.

Since then I've gotten eight 5* covers in around 220 LT pulls. So also batting 3-4% instead of the expected 10%-ish. Very frustrating.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Raffoon wrote:
    While the responses to this poll are probably very biased (people who got bad rates are more likely to come here and complain), it does one thing very well. It illustrates that even if the OVERALL rate of pulls is correctly hitting 10%, there are A TON of people that are getting outcomes much less than 10%, and it feels absolutely **** for that to happen.

Devs, introduce a streak-breaker, or a progress bar, or a vault. Completely random distribution of an extremely key resource with a relatively small number of pulls is a TERRIBLE way to do things.

Sounds like Murphy's Law in action.

I was in a 5* slump for awhile, however it didn't bother me since I am more concerned with building 4*s. This attitude might have helped a lot, but regardless I got a decent streak of 5*s that corrected it.

I think the system is alright, but I don't see anything wrong with adding a "streak-breaker" mechanism for those dealing with ultimate bad luck. It would just be one of those "quality of life" changes like removing 20 iso rewards. We have all been to the point where we are wondering how many times can we flip heads (20 iso) on a node.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    I've opened 62 Legendary Tokens

4* DDQ 15
    PvE progressions 15
    Free taco 1
    X-23 Vault 1
    25 CP 5
    Championing 21
    Savory Vault 1
    20 CP 3

I have:
    Silver Surfer blue
    Silver Surfer red
    Old Man Logan yellow x 4
    Phoenix green

Got a Silver Surfer black coming up on day 730 in a couple weeks.
    My very first 5* was the Silver Surfer blue I got for defeating Cyclops in the first 4* DDQ. I was one of the first to roster a 5*.

So, over 10%.
  • Curiously enough, my luck has improved somewhat.

When I started keeping a detailed record of my draws, I got 2 5*s out of the first 50 pulls, putting me at the bottom 7 percentile.

I've gotten 8 out of my last 50, putting me in the top 91 percentile.

So over the course of my entire draw history, I've climbed from bottom 1.5 to bottom 25 percentile.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Speaking completely subjectively and unscientifically, I'd say I'm probably somewhere between 9% and 10%. I have a 0/2/3 Logan, a 1/1/3 Surfer, and a 1/1/1 Phoenix. I've opened plenty of tokens: I hit 1300 in every PvP, championed almost all 3* characters, and gained a ton of CoPs. There's a guy in my alliance who seems to have close to a 50% pull rate, and another guy who hasn't pulled more than one 5* cover in about 100 tokens. I guess the law of averages comes through.

EDIT: I just opened another 43 legendary tokens and pulled 2 five-star covers. That kinda throws my average off a bit. 4.6% is a touch shy of 10%. Boo.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    I don't track at all, but I think I'm doing better than 10%. I have 23 five stars - I've gotten the vast majority of free legendary tokens and use my cp as it's earned to buy tokens, but I haven't spent any money or used hp for packs so I doubt I've opened 230 legendaries.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've done my best to reconstruct my LT pull history, and I'm standing at 2 out of 23 -- but the overall total is higher because I for certain am leaving out pulls.
  • fun_and_gun
    fun_and_gun Posts: 120 Tile Toppler
    I was at 6 for 69 for 5* pulls. got enough for my 70th legendary token after today's pve grind...the rng gods made good on their 10% 5* drop rate and gifted me an oml red. my oml is now sitting at 2/0/3. was hoping for his yellow though.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    8/180+

My pull rate is even getting worse now.
  • 19/256. Not quite ten percent but with all the bad pull rates out there I'll take it.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    I think I posted earlier when I was like 10/115. I'm now down to 12/188. Not pleased to be below the bar and sinking.
  • moogles85
    moogles85 Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    In my last set of pulls after Season 23:

I went 2/22 from tokens (phoenix and OML).
    Then I went 1/55 from CP classic tokens (phoenix).