Balance of power 67000 life

13»

Comments

• Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah that pairing of Jean Grey and Hood that usually is not feasible due Hood's squishiness is brutal. Jean Grey forces you to play conservatively and Hood capitalises on that in the meantime. All of my losses were against teams with those two characters.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Charlie's Angels ftw... icon_blackwidow.pngicon_scarletwitch.pngicon_professorx.png

First time I've gotten to use my (almost) covered Prof X for something, man does he shine!

Race to 9 purple, then watch the cascades of green.

I have yet to finish a match in over 2 minutes with this team.
  • HxiiiK
    HxiiiK Posts: 195 Tile Toppler
    I was actually totally okay with it because a lot of people throw in AOEs. My Ghost Rider finally got his turn to shine while hiding behind 2 massive tanks icon_lol.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's interesting because 5*s are actually at a disadvantage here, because their powers don't scale at all. 4* and 3*s are better because their attacks become much more powerful.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    5* had much higher match damage though. About triple that of a 4*.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    5*s had less health than most 3*s, so match damage Yay, but my OML was murdered by a Jeanbuster/Hood team, on multiple occasions.. each time before i could even kill hood.

So glad this event is over for me, sneaked my 1300 in and # to end.. ugh, why do i do this to myself.. now, for more self torture, off to grind heroic to Lt...
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Yeah that pairing of Jean Grey and Hood that usually is not feasible due Hood's squishiness is brutal. Jean Grey forces you to play conservatively and Hood capitalises on that in the meantime. All of my losses were against teams with those two characters.

Didn't help that 4clops could be thrown into the mix and create additional havoc w/ his yellow collecting 4 AP per TU match. Each of my losses was to this combo (JG/Hood/4clops). Hit 1315, lost a match to said team, and #d out. Now to move onto the super-exciting QS PVP...
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    HxiiiK wrote:
    I was actually totally okay with it because a lot of people throw in AOEs. My Ghost Rider finally got his turn to shine while hiding behind 2 massive tanks icon_lol.gif
    Me too. I had the most fun running two characters I haven't fully leveled up yet but lucked into covers for from champion LTs: Phoenix (2/1/1) and Ghost Rider (2/2/4). I ran them with Iron Fist to speed up the black generation for GR. Phoenix tanked, and if she took too much damage, she rose from the ashes. Meanwhile, Ghost Rider did 150% damage, which pretty much meant downing any character with AoE attacks after they fire it once (or Hulkbuster firing his red once).
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    I took on some JG/Hood/HB trios with Marvel/Cyc/IF. Everyone feeds Cyc, and 70k Full Blasts end things quickly. Carol needed a health pack after every fight, but at least it let me take on some teams worth points at the end. Just wish I'd thought of it earlier; I might have made it to 1k.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made it to 1K, but the ride to 1300 is impossible. A few wins and then endless snipes. There's just no one scoring higher in my bracket, so there's nowhere to go.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's over, hooray!!!
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Hard event but like others said damage dealt was correspondingly increased. Before end of event rose from low 500's to 1310 in a little over an hour with some boosting and luck. If it took you 18 min for a round, well...
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    loved this type of game

first ran
    Kahn. capt america and loki

at the end ran
    kahn capt america and 3 star cy (to make more redS

get 11 reds and you never took any damage since Kahn healed for like what 9000 each time a move was played
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    I ran a lot of KK/Hood/Ice. KK was 5/5/3, Hood was 5/5/3, Ice was 5/5/3.

Passive AP steal + Board Destruction/Damage + Intimidation (Healing) - Hood
    Green AP generation + Passive Healing - KK
    AoE Nuke (Heal) + Stun (Heal) + Damage (Heal) - Ice
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it was a really entertaining event if you weren't aiming for 1k/1300.

Because you could just go wild with any of your well covered characters. But it was also almost impossible to put out an intimidating defense.

I focused more on the ISO gains from being able to win so many battles while being continually beaten down, and because so much of my roster was usable it didn't drain health packs too greatly.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Because you could just go wild with any of your well covered characters. But it was also almost impossible to put out an intimidating defense.

I've never had so many defensive wins as I had in this event. Maybe it was a lot of people underestimating KK/Ice/Hood, maybe it was a case of people coming in injured, maybe it was people trying weak teams, maybe it was people underestimating the Ice AoE, maybe it was people bringing a team that was poorly suited to fighting an AP battery+AoE Team, or maybe it was people attacking that team in the wrong order (I would take out Hood, Ice, KK) or with the wrong moves (you need someone who can down or stun Hood early, then you need to down Ice before he gets the AP to use green or before KK gets the AP to use purple). It was actually a very fast team on O, and a team that could make you pay on D.