Balance of power 67000 life

modmousests
modmousests Posts: 63
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
For a one star storm? Ill pass thank you very much

Comments

• Really, that's where you draw the line? Because it didn't get any better further on...
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    180,060 health Juggs, are we sure this isn't broken? that's like a 10min fight.
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    whole game is going down the toilet - fighting 3 x 160,000+ health characters 1st battle is nuts. took me 18 minutes

no compensation for broken galactus

no compensation for broken lightning rounds

What is going on?
  • poomermon
    poomermon Posts: 300 Mover and Shaker
    But abilities do much more damage too so it evens out. Just imagine health and damage numbers have one less zero in them and it starts to look more sensible.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Druss wrote:
    whole game is going down the toilet - fighting 3 x 160,000+ health characters 1st battle is nuts. took me 18 minutes

no compensation for broken galactus

no compensation for broken lightning rounds

What is going on?

That took you 18 minutes? Were you using your own 1*s?

Kamala does 29k AoE damage. Panther does almost 32k AoE damage. Cage yellow does 60k damage.

And those are just the 3*s. Some 4* nukes do 100k damage. It's not really as bad as it looks.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    The Thing nukes for like 50k on his green and his red.

So yeah.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Hulkbuster is hitting for 5k/red so it's really just a race to fuel him.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    Its a weird day when Mr. Fantastic is actually absurdly good.

Heals for like 30k per special tile matched, or if you went the other route adds like 15k damage to every red/green/yellow match or something.
    Also protect tiles for 1300 and 3 turns of stun aren't anything to sneeze at.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    At first, I didn't think I was going to enjoy this, but now that I'm taking my under-leveled/iso-starved fully covered 4*s out for a test drive? Fun. So much fun.

Running Hulkbuster and Red Hulk together are all sorts of fun. I keep trying for a third support character and have been liking Thoress. Xpool works nicely as well. I did try Thing, but Rulk's green is so much better.

Not going anywhere near IW, though...
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    pheregas wrote:
    At first, I didn't think I was going to enjoy this, but now that I'm taking my under-leveled/iso-starved fully covered 4*s out for a test drive? Fun. So much fun.

Running Hulkbuster and Red Hulk together are all sorts of fun. I keep trying for a third support character and have been liking Thoress. Xpool works nicely as well. I did try Thing, but Rulk's green is so much better.

Not going anywhere near IW, though...

Loving it too. I want to run my entire roster for this. So far I've ticked off the whole 1* tier, Bagman, IW, Cho, Venom, Miles, 2* wolvie. Still lots to go!
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    67k is a drop in the bucket. I've been using attack/strike tiles. Blade's attack tiles add up to 8k once you get them out. Grocket is similar if you can keep all four. Get some strike tiles on the board and they use the attacks - I'm routinely netting 20k+ damage per round after my turn.

Even when I get away from that, the insane power boost to damage mitigates the health. Gamora's red does 14k/strike, for only 5 red. And she puts out strike tiles ~ 800, x 4-5.

The key to Balance is using fully-covered characters, and trying to synergize them. I've been beaten by 2* teams - Mag/Hawkeye as the primary team. They're not great on defense, but utilizing their abilities in concert will decimate individual characters. You need to properly pick your targets, but you can win so long as your board isn't completely horrible.

I like this event, because it allows you to consider synergy between multiple levels. Normally I'd never consider 2* Hawkeye or Juggernaut in a competitive environment. Here - they have value. I'm almost afraid of OBW - she's got enough HP to survive to the point that she'll steal me into nothingness and then heal her team.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Blahahah wrote:
    Its a weird day when Mr. Fantastic is actually absurdly good.

Heals for like 30k per special tile matched, or if you went the other route adds like 15k damage to every red/green/yellow match or something.
    Also protect tiles for 1300 and 3 turns of stun aren't anything to sneeze at.

1710 x 2 I believe the actual number is.

The numbers are just inflated but matches aren't going by any slower for me depending on my team. The biggest thing is that I can freely select which three characters I want to use. 67k Health is absolutely nothing.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am annoyed that it is no longer balance of power though. In that 4 stars rule the roost and the other tiers can go pound sand.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    My only beef with the event is that 1* abilities scale surprisingly poorly - I was expecting IM35 to be a powerhouse but his attacks barely do more than match damage. I used a 1* team for a seed match and it took AGES.

Other than that I love being able to actually use all the characters I have fully covered but don't have the ISO to make viable most of the time.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    This is actually a better event than the old one. I've got quite a few teams that are getting me quick wins and wins on D.

I just wish defensive wins were worth more than a couple of points, considering how many point the attacker loses, defensive wins are actually bad for the slice economy.
    Eddiemon wrote:
    I am annoyed that it is no longer balance of power though. In that 4 stars rule the roost and the other tiers can go pound sand.

There's ways to use the 1*s. Juggs may not have much damage potential, but no one really wants to fight KK, Juggs, and Hood. Quick ability activations give a team burst heal of 7.5K each. Hood can get Juggs 6 AP pretty quick while slowing the other team down. KK's Green or Purple can be five covered. 5 Covering her green gives you a small AoE nuke (not what I would do), covering her purple gives you a ton of AP to fuel juggs, with combos powering KK and Hood. Hood's yellow does decent damage (45K or so iirc). Not the strongest or fastest team, but super annoying to fight. : )

1* Spider-Man with someone that does good crit and match damage is also a good time.

I'm just glad BoP isn't the Jugg and Ares show anymore.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    And I'm annoyed at people who complain about **** that isn't even true. BP, KK, GSBW, DP, LT all do similar or better AOE damage as JG's. Fist does 4k damage for just standing there. Daken does 24k damage for 5 AP. HT does 29k for 6AP after the first cast of red. Doom's purple will do 50k on average for 10AP. 4*s aren't ruling anything.
  • My point wasnt about storm being strong as much as her being a weak character with that much life. It doesnt bode well later on. Anyway i gave it a stab and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Eddiemon wrote:
    And I'm annoyed at people who complain about tinykitty that isn't even true. BP, KK, GSBW, DP, LT all do similar or better AOE damage as JG's. Fist does 4k damage for just standing there. Daken does 24k damage for 5 AP. HT does 29k for 6AP after the first cast of red. Doom's purple will do 50k on average for 10AP. 4*s aren't ruling anything.

Wow those are big numbers. They really make me feel that I'm wrong when I smash another 2* Thor with his pathetic 13k AoE damage and 110k HP.

And my X-23 can do 37k damage for 8ap and throw down almost 4k of strike tiles with enough red in the bank. Her purple will do 62k damage if I match it, 94k if my opponent matches it. Starts at 12AP and works back to 6. And she'll heal 5k AP just for matching anything which deals with Iron Fist's issue too. And she's not even a top tier 4*.

Countdown for What - 7AP for over 72k worth of potential damage. Demolition - 84k for 10AP.

As for their AoEs compared to Jean Grey's, you know hers don't just do damage, they also destroy or create special tiles? None of them should be doing less than an ability that also spawns 5500 points worth of special tiles on the side. Not if they have all been raised to similar power levels.

LT's Call the Storm is similar to Jean in that it does 19k each +19k for 14AP. Jean does 27k to everyone for 12AP and gives the bonus tiles.
    76k is 'similar' to 81k in raw damage, but the cost and bonus effects make Jean's far superior. I don't have enough covers to see what her purple does for 10AP, but if it is still doing 10% more damage than her green for 2AP less then LT isn't even in the same ballpark as that.

3*s do big numbers, 4 stars do bigger numbers. Daken is probably the exception because that ability destroys strike tiles and his ability to self heal, so it's always been exceptional value if you just look at AP.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Hendross wrote:
    180,060 health Juggs, are we sure this isn't broken? that's like a 10min fight.

Unfortunately, his headbutt at 5 red does only 10k damage. Jug is a scarecrow, a lousy one at that. icon_e_confused.gif The only thing good about Jug is his health, and if you need Jug to tank red/gr, that's fine. Otherwise, he's not worth using on your team.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Druss wrote:

thankfully, MPQ is a "casual" game, by which I mean you can leave in the middle of the game to: grab a bite, nap, shower, use the toilet, or anything else and THEn come back and resume.

Those 18 minute battles will go by real fast. icon_lol.gif