Balance of power 67000 life

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    For entertainment purposes, I started retaliations using the exact teams that attacked me. icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

But eventually, I got hit by "****" teams (relative use of the word here), and decided to switch gears to try some favorite combos. Anyone feel like dancing with my dino? while carnage spams out special tiles? icon_twisted.gif
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I told myself when I opened up the event maybe I'd fight to the 650 token and be done.

After the first three seeds....yeah, that may be enough of this level 500 stuff. So much for "Quality of Life"!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    I played around with a few combos before settling on Prof X, Cyclops, KK. I tried Prof X, KK, Jugs but my strongest power was yellow, which was a waste.

I do most of my damage with Prof's blue, which just feeds Cyc's yellow. The special tiles prof generates and any damage Cyclops and KK do are just gravy.

The team is fun to muck around with, but the amazing thing is it is currently +81 after about 12 defensive battles and has lost exactly twice in that time. I assume there have been quite a number of unfortunate cascades.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    SnowcaTT wrote:
    I told myself when I opened up the event maybe I'd fight to the 650 token and be done.

After the first three seeds....yeah, that may be enough of this level 500 stuff. So much for "Quality of Life"!

Agreed, I think the event is silly and I just don't wanna. I got to 300. That's probably good enough for me. Did have a spot of fun with uber-troll teams like 2* Bullseye/3*Spidey/Falcon and ProX/Khan/Dino. Go ahead. Attack them. Will you win? Probably. Will it take 15 minutes and make you want to break your phone in half? Probably. icon_lol.gif
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    I just wish defensive wins were worth more than a couple of points, considering how many point the attacker loses, defensive wins are actually bad for the slice economy.

I concur. That's part of the metagame, right? Earn most of your points with an aggressive team that you have full control over, but end with a defensive team that's going to perform according to a simple AI routine. Players who understand both should get better rewards for beating back the opposition with their choices (despite not having to burn health packs in the effort).
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Calnexin wrote:
    Buret0 wrote:
    I just wish defensive wins were worth more than a couple of points, considering how many point the attacker loses, defensive wins are actually bad for the slice economy.

I concur. That's part of the metagame, right? Earn most of your points with an aggressive team that you have full control over, but end with a defensive team that's going to perform according to a simple AI routine. Players who understand both should get better rewards for beating back the opposition with their choices (despite not having to burn health packs in the effort).

They made the changes because players were retreat boosting. There were certainly other methods of preventing retreat boosting, nerfing points won on D without nerfing point losses on D was the worst possible choice they could have made to fix the exploit.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    My point wasnt about storm being strong as much as her being a weak character with that much life. It doesnt bode well later on. Anyway i gave it a stab and it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be

How approximately 90% of the complaints posted in Internet forums are resolved. Now if people learned to reverse the order of those actions...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fighting 3 x lvl 550 characters.

Not even once.
  • Pylgrim

Not even once.

Did you miss that your characters are also 550?
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not having too much of an issue with this. Maxed Iceman and Cyke or HB do tons of damage with their specials (I believe Punch a Snowman on its own already does that 67000 damage from the OP) and even when they're not cover-maxed, 5* still do a ton of match damage at 550. Games don't really take that much longer that way.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hit 13 covers on X-pool recently. It's a lot of fun throwing him out there since usually he's about 180.
    Same deal for my Nick Fury. Finally got that last yellow I needed, so he's lots of fun at max level.

Then I just put Luke Cage there to negate match damage.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pylgrim wrote:

Not even once.

Did you miss the point?
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    Carnage+Ant-Man+Doc Ock = silly times
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim wrote:

Not even once.

Did you miss the point?

Maybe? I fail to see the negative. Usually the PVP experience can be defined as pitting your team of average level X against teams of average level X*1.5+. For once, we are all playing on the same field.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm not crazy about bop, because it feels like no matter what team I use, people crush me after I reach 400-500 points. Whereas each of my victories requires 2-3 health packs. I'm not about to spend crazy hp to do endless shield hopping for an off-season pvp.

I've spent 550+ days on this game. I think I deserve a relaxed climb to 1000, which is what I have in most pvps. bop takes that away from me and makes me feel like I'm new to the game, which is not a fun feeling.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    someone in my alliance is shielded at 960, he's asking if Whales will work in the event to guarantee the win.

Anybody know?
  • kalex716 wrote:
    someone in my alliance is shielded at 960, he's asking if Whales will work in the event to guarantee the win.

Anybody know?

Tell him yes (as it should do...), then if it doesn't work can you come back and let us know? icon_e_smile.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:

Anybody know?

Tell him yes (as it should do...), then if it doesn't work can you come back and let us know? icon_e_smile.gif
    Someone said it doesn't. It did 88k damage.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    kalex716 wrote:

Anybody know?

Someone said it doesn't. It did 88k damage.
    The value for whales is 90k even.
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,299 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am stuck in 3* land so I love using Classic Mags/IF/Hood...people at your same level tend to not attack you and IF/Mags is more than enough offense while Hood is actually really good for defensive purposes for keeping the enemy team from getting enough AP to fire abilities.