Impossible 5*

Comments

• avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2016
    Hi Bow.

I really feel sorry for you. In the meanwhile I m in the same situation.

It is very frustrating to see more and more players skipping the 4* transition (some of them skip also the 3* transition).

Curently I have 12 4* championed, all 3* champed and 6 2* champed. But my OML is 1/1/2, SS 1/0/2 and JG 2/1/1...
    I don't want to level others 4* coz it's USELESS.

So I spent more than 600euros this month just to get that s*** and a 4* cyclop who doesn't work.

That's a real pb. But I m sure devs a looking at it.

*Emphasis Mine*

I don't think the devs really care about everyone's **** luck. Let's just face it, through all financial measures, I'm sure the game is doing perfectly fine right now. Money has always been thrown around in this game, but ever since commandpoints.png and token_legendary.png have come around, I've never seen so much money being thrown at this game. And, as long as that continues, I don't see them changing this pathetic excuse for roster progression any time soon.
  • Kingofpopcorn
    Kingofpopcorn Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I agree with you. But I also think (hope ?) that transition trought EACH star level is one of their most important indicators.
  • Raffoon wrote:
    Whatever happened to this thread? This is still a huge issue.

Pretty sure it was unanimously decided that everything is actually fine as is. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker

Pretty sure it was unilaterally decided that everything is actually fine as is. icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC

Fixed the one typo for you.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi Bow.

It is very frustrating to see more and more players skipping the 4* transition (some of them skip also the 3* transition).

Curently I have 12 4* championed, all 3* champed and 6 2* champed. But my OML is 1/1/2, SS 1/0/2 and JG 2/1/1...

So I spent more than 600euros this month just to get that s*** and a 4* cyclop who doesn't work.

That's a real pb. But I m sure devs are looking at it.
    Sorry to hear that your luck is as rotten as mine icon_e_sad.gif

Remind me, why are we playing this treadmill that goes nowhere?
  • Raffoon
    Raffoon Posts: 884
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Hi Bow.

That's a real pb. But I m sure devs are looking at it.
    Sorry to hear that your luck is as rotten as mine icon_e_sad.gif

Remind me, why are we playing this treadmill that goes nowhere?

Because when you run on it for a week, you get a 10% chance for a piece of chocolate. If you miss it, don't worry, you can just run for another week!
  • Unknown
    edited February 2016
    Ha. This is now the official "5* pull complaint thread."

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=40168#p487571
  • Druss
    Druss Posts: 368 Mover and Shaker
    So..... what are the chances of getting at least 5 of the bottom 1% unluckiest 5* pulls to comment on this thread? How many have come forward saying there % rate is greater than 10%?

Does it not suggest that the actual chance of 5* isn't in fact the stated 10%? Looking at it from D3's perspective they don't want many maxed 5*'s, they would prefer people still striving (paying!) for them.

As a separate point, I have managed to get exactly zero 3 or 4* pulls from the last 102 heroic tokens, at a 33% chance of getting 1 from each token that is an absolutely staggering chance of that happening.

So my point is that many have stated that people's pull rates does not mean that the RNG rate is wrong, I'm beginning to wonder.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Right now, I'm just spinning my wheels. I win LT after LT, all for useless covers that convert to a measly 1000 ISO. There's nothing left for me to do. I have a lv 390 oml, which is awesome, but I've had it for months now, and it will never improve at this rate. Nor do I have any other viable 5*s at the moment.

Sure I can keep championing my various other characters, to win more LTs to win more 1000 ISO useless covers. It just doesn't make sense to keep playing a game where nothing improves for my experience, despite the religious hours each day I put into it.

It's cool to have a shiny new item to strive for, but it would be nice if there was actually a way to get said item and not just keep doing the same thing over and over again with no results.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am very close to throwing my hands up in defeat. There needs to be something where if you pull enough 4*s from an LT, you're guaranteed a 5*. Because I am flat-lining. What's the point of doing anything in this game if it just gives you a mere 1000 ISO? Not even enough to level up a 4* character once?!
  • Raffoon
    I've been scoring 1300 every event, completing every DDQ 4*, getting a small to moderate amount of CP from my alliance, and occasionally hitting PVE progression.

I haven't made meaningful progress on my roster in months.

This current system is a joke.
  • Cylaali
    Cylaali Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Raffoon wrote:
    I've been scoring 1300 every event, completing every DDQ 4*, getting a small to moderate amount of CP from my alliance, and occasionally hitting PVE progression.

I haven't made meaningful progress on my roster in months.

This current system is a joke.

This is how I feel too. Hit 1300 every time. Get the leggie from PVE probably about once every month. Always hit the legendary in season rewards. Tons of championed 3 and 4* guys. And to show for my continuous grinding, I have a 4 cover OML, 3 cover Phoenix, 3 cover SS, 0 Spiderman. I don't know the exact number of total legendaries I've opened but my 5* draw rate has to be below average.
  • Philly484
    Philly484 Posts: 173 Tile Toppler
    Well here is another reality of this issue. The only way things get changed in a good manner is when there is a drop in sales. This spans any kind of market or business is when sales start declining because even the majority of their target audience is not happy with them. If the majority of the player base once the problem fixed then they need to stop throwing money at the game left and right. The players are creating their own issue. I can't speak for myself as I drop a hefty amount of money in my eyes every month, in the hopes of gaining the new characters. The Devs even said themselves that 5* were not intended to be easily gotten as other characters, but I will agree the draw rate is very skewed. If their are enough complaints and when a drop in sales occurs they probably will re-evaluate the situation. However if the majority doesn't see the problem then it will not change. Just like the uproar over the new recent DDQ, ppl saying its harder now, or what have you. I personally with my roster don't have problems, but I don't like the fact that players get a change and a few don't like it they troll and complain, for something the Devs thought would add new challenge to the game. For those players who don't want to spend money on the game I understand how you can be upset that its hard to do what higher ranking players do, but you can fault players who want to drop copious amounts of money because that is the aspect of the game that gives them joy. It is basically a double edged sword from all parties involved in this game. If your getting that frustrated then maybe take a break. I have to take breaks from LoL or I see my play style decline rapidly if I play everyday. But like I said players are creating the own issues for themselves as they are saying things need fixed but they keep throwing money at the game, so to the company they look at the revenue they are getting and if it is steadily increasing then they don't see an issue in way of fixing.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't think I'm behind on overall pull rates (probably average to slightly above average), but what good is it when my OML is 2/-/5 and can't survive a level 200 pve node more than ~1/4 or the time. I've even tried with KK to heal him, but he's just not very useful...at 7 covers! how ridiculous icon_e_confused.gif
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    TxMoose wrote:
    I don't think I'm behind on overall pull rates (probably average to slightly above average), but what good is it when my OML is 2/-/5 and can't survive a level 200 pve node more than ~1/4 or the time. I've even tried with KK to heal him, but he's just not very useful...at 7 covers! how ridiculous icon_e_confused.gif

This is not the character complaint line, please use the line to the right. icon_e_confused.gif
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point I beleive that Legendary Tokens don't actually give 5*s. I haven't drawn one in another 30 pulls. My current pull rate for 5*s is 5.56% and dropping...
  • Raffoon
    Guys, based on the latest 3* announcements, I think I figured it out.

They actually made the pull rates for 5*s 5% total, but they forgot to tell everyone.

Expect an announcement and apology in 4 more months.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Raffoon wrote:
    Guys, based on the latest 3* announcements, I think I figured it out.

They actually made the pull rates for 5*s 5% total, but they forgot to tell everyone.

Expect an announcement and apology in 4 more months.

I'm not even getting that lately, the only reason my pull rate is above 5% is I did slightly above average for my first 70 pulls. Other than that, I do not find that unlikely...
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    I have cashed in about 200-250 legend tokens since the inception a few months ago and have pulled 14 covers total (ss 213, oml 011, phnx 222, bss 000) so I am still in the percentage range of what they claim 5.56%-7% for pulls I guess. I understand that we all cannot spend thousands a week/ month on this game (trust me I spend plenty) but these rates need to change especially with the introduction of champions and the constant barrage of new characters. Seriously we have 4 5*'s (with a 5th on the way, who I believe to be Green Goblin, minus a green power so maybe not) and 26 4*'s (with more on the way) but the percentages stay the same? That does not seem right to me although with a recent complaint to cs they claim the system is working as intended, so basically they have a system that works for them but from a player perspective it is broke.

We all realize the game cannot be flooded with 5*'s so not everybody has them so the draw rates are low. The odd thing is though, for me anyway, back when the rate draw rate was high with only Surfer available I pulled 0/20ish but the OML came along and the rates dropped I pulled 3 Surfers and 2 OML (the only OML's I have pulled since he was released), since then 3 more SS covers and 6 phnx while the drop rates are at their lowest. I honestly think the %'s are just for show and actually have no bearing on the actual draw rate. To further my theory, how is it that all 2*s have the same draw rate in packs but the majority of people complain that they get tons of moonstone and ms. marvel covers? For me I probably pull an even amount of Hawkeyes/moonstone. For the amount of covers I pull for these two I could have dupe championed mmags/ storm/ 2hor. I guess that is the end of my rant....for now....
  • avs962
    avs962 Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    Just wanted to pop back in and say again that luck-based progression is the dumbest thing that could exist in a game. Seriously. . . just why?