Good Boy Redwing, Who's a Good Boy?

Options

Comments

• Whenever I beat a node or PvP match I had no business attempting I actually stand up, point at my phone, and say, "BOOOOOOOOM!"

At which point my wife looks over, rolls her eyes, and tries to yet again rationalize making a very bad decision many years ago... icon_e_wink.gificon_lol.gif

DBC
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Options
    BearVenger wrote:
    And against Galactus or a DDQ4* win, I'll yell "Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!"

Aaaand I do too now. icon_lol.gif
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whenever the AI gets one of those never ending cascades I always mutter, "MEGA CASCADE" in my announcer parody voice. Which is usually followed by me asking my phone if it needs a cigarette. icon_lol.gif
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I down two or more opponents with an AOE, in my head I hear the announcer from the original Halo going "DOUBLE KILL" or "TRIPLE KILL" as appropriate.

Grey Suit's sniper rifle produces the Unreal Tournament "HEAD SHOT."

When Sniper Rifle kills two opponents, I have an aneurysm.
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 625 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Whenever Luke Cage's shield pops up, I have to sing the Kimmy Schmidt theme song in my head for about three seconds.

icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

I really wish THAT guy was playing Luke Cage in the Netflix series.
  • bbillrich
    Options
    Meander wrote:
    Everytime I play Venom Bomb-

"Hello, Daddy, Hello Mom
    I'm your V-v-v-v-v-v-v-Venom BOMB!
    Hello world, I'm your wild girl
    I'm your V-v-v-v-v-v-v-Venom BOMB!"

I do the exact same thing. Also swap it for hulk bomb on occasion
  • Warbringa
    Warbringa Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Deadpools Whales Whales Whales - I think "Plop" as they squash the enemy team.

Classic Mags Red ability - I think he is saying "Behold...this shiny glowing globe in my hand"

Any time an opponent's Blue Hood Ap drain message shoots across the screen - I think "No sweat, he only has x turns left to live" as I throw everything at him to kill him in the first 5 rounds.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A similar thing happends when Doom does Summon Demons - Lake of Tears' Demon You/Lily Anne
    "I summon the demon you"
    (that's the chorus - you kinda probably need to hear the song for it to make sense)

I just call Doom's black power Imagine Dragons, and Daken's blue My Chemical Romance.
  • bbillrich
    Options
    A similar thing happends when Doom does Summon Demons - Lake of Tears' Demon You/Lily Anne
    "I summon the demon you"
    (that's the chorus - you kinda probably need to hear the song for it to make sense)

I just call Doom's black power Imagine Dragons, and Daken's blue My Chemical Romance.

See I just call it my chemical reaction. But same general concept .I also sing radar love when I use daredevils radar sense.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Also, every leaping character animation (Squirrel Girl, Daken) automatically gets a "Wheeeee!"
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When I'm basically one match away from winning, and then the final opponent scores and amazing cascade and/or launches numerous powers in a row, taking away thousands of hitpoints from my team, I do yell "ouch!" and "stop it!!" Then finally when her turn is done, I say, "Is that all you have???" before getting my Victory.
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Malcrof wrote:
    Whenever Contract Killer goes off, i seem to yell Huzzah! (mostly in my head)

Armed and Dangerous always gets a "Wahey!" as Doc Oct just looks like he's having so much fun with his big metal tentacles.
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Oh Wha-oh she's my Cover Squirrell...

nuff said.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,377 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whenever I got enough blacktile.png to throw more than one molotov cocktail with the Punisher, I do the Mortal Kombat 'Toasty!' guy in my head. (Okay okay, sometimes on a single molo as well icon_mrgreen.gif )
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    DeNappa wrote:
    Whenever I got enough blacktile.png to throw more than one molotov cocktail with the Punisher, I do the Mortal Kombat 'Toasty!' guy in my head. (Okay okay, sometimes on a single molo as well icon_mrgreen.gif )

Do you press Down and Start too?
  • ProfessorGumby
    ProfessorGumby Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Options
    CT1888 wrote:
    I make noodily woodily noises whenever Master Plan fires off

Me, I do some OONCH OONCH techno every time he fires off the Big Giant Head.

Well played sir... now I do too!

Cheers!
    - PG
  • LHammer
    LHammer Posts: 100 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My personal quirk is saying "You are *so good* at this game" every time the AI drops a mega-cascade one move before I finish it off. I say it a lot.

I'm just a little confused though. The initial post implies that Redwing is capable of picking the best tile from a multitude of choices. Is that only on the mobile version? Mine seems to be hard coded to select the absolute worst possible tile every single time.
  • Cousin Simpson
    Options
    LHammer wrote:
    I'm just a little confused though. The initial post implies that Redwing is capable of picking the best tile from a multitude of choices. Is that only on the mobile version? Mine seems to be hard coded to select the absolute worst possible tile every single time.

Nah, you can try to tell Redwing what to do but in the end he's a devout follower of RNGesus.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    On a DP whale drop I say "Here fishy fishy fishy". When it's a mega supper whale drop, I say "Free Willy".

When I use a Wolverine against a Daken, I save one of Wolverines powers for the end. So when Daken's health is low enough, I finish him off with Wolvie's ability and say "Daddys about to give you a whuppin boy".

When I use 3* Cyc's black with enough red on the board, I do the "AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH" yell.

Just before using any one of Sentry's powers I say "This is going to hurt me more than it hurts you".
    say the same thing for any powers that hurt my team, like Ares or Rags or HB black or whoever. But mostly with Sentry, and especially with Carnage.

When I use either of Juggernauts abilities , I say "Time for the Jugger Nut Crunch, Jugger Nut Crunch. We all love the Jugger Nut Crunch."
    words taken from an old breakfast cereal ad with 'nut crunch' in the name of the cereal, sung to the tune of that old song "Yellow Submarine"

With Hoods yellow I say "Stick 'em up"

With Punishers red I say "Feeling lucky? Well, do ya, punk?"

With Hulk black I say "I told you, you won't like me when I'm angry"

And then there are the times when I have 2 characters dead and my 3rd is at low health so I can't possibly win. Then I say to the AI "Come on, make quick. Just get it over with already."

JJ
  • Haha, these are great.

I always catch myself saying Ryu's "Shoryuken" whenever Cage fires his Righteous Uppercut.

And without fail, when I beat a PVE node without a scratch I say "Flawless" before the Victory banner pops up...