Galactus Event - Nova Essential [Merged Thread]

13»

Comments

• GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

I lose potentially four chances to win more Nova covers because they will have a better drop rate in this event now that I can't buy them.

For Ultron, yes this is true. For Galactus, they didn't reopen the side nodes with a round clear. So you're only missing it once, not 4 times.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Oh hey, you must be the first person ever to have complained about this. Oh wait, you're not.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    well for me it's 2, since the window I have in round 2 after I get nova is between 1 and 3 AM. have to get up at 4:50, so no thanks there either. not pulling an all nighter for 1 node. sucks.
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    I'm not one to take to the forums and complain much. But this is poor planning from the game maker
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    All I have to say is that I miss IceIX. Seeing this oversight, it's safe to say that players aren't the only ones that miss him.

To be honest, I'm not upset. Personally, I literally laughed out loud when I saw that. It really isn't that big of a deal, but I'm sure many more hardcore players will have a different take. For me, it's just meh.

P.S. it's fun (although unnecessary) to swap bagman on in the spiderman node.
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor

I lose potentially four chances to win more Nova covers because they will have a better drop rate in this event now that I can't buy them.

For Ultron, yes this is true. For Galactus, they didn't reopen the side nodes with a round clear. So you're only missing it once, not 4 times.

Turns out not be so bad with no great node rewards and missing only one run before I win my covers.

Worse loss is not having one more shot at Galactus which does have good rewards. As you say it is just one.

Still should have been avoided but it is not as bad as i thought.
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    BearVenger wrote:
    You're totally leaving out the fact that each Hunt token provides a 1/500 chance of a free Nova cover. Everyone has a shot at the latest character.

I lucked into Nova red on my first hunger token. Even a blind squirrel...... icon_eek.gif