Galactus Event - Nova Essential [Merged Thread]

The rockett
The rockett Posts: 2,016 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
So let me get this straight. Galactus starts in 17hr and 49 mins from now (6:09 Pm EST) but the Hunt event does not end for 1 day and 7 hrs. Nova is an essential for Galactus. So if you are in Slice 5, guess what, you got totally hosed. Heck, Hunt slice 3-5 is hosed for the Nova Essential. Way to think this out D3 and hurt players for going into a later slice.

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Realistically the early rounds are meaningless. You rush through getting few points, then locked out till the 8 hour reset
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    You're totally leaving out the fact that each Hunt token provides a 1/500 chance of a free Nova cover. Everyone has a shot at the latest character.
  • by my count, slice 3 ends at 5 pm eastern so it leaves 3 hours to receive the reward cover and do any nova essentials before the 8 pm eastern essential reset.

slice 4 and 5 would get locked out from those nodes on the first pass completely. unless this event is setup different somehow. its true the points arent as great early and hopefully wouldnt have an overall impact but it still seems pretty screwed up.

of course the servers may crash for the first 8 hours and screw everyone equally. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • thisone
    thisone Posts: 655 Critical Contributor
    Hello guys. Blahdeblah red name here.

There appears to be a disconnect here. We clearly overlapped the event to force you to buy tokens at the very generous rate of 0.2% chance at pulling your very own nova!

Don't forget folks the game will not open for a few hours after the event so you won't be grinding your final sub down anyway.

We look forward to receiving your money

Regards
    d3
  • turul
    turul Posts: 1,622 Chairperson of the Boards
    Server crash will destroy hunt slice 3 progress...
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Not to mention many would like more decent vilians introduced. Galactus was repeatedly beaten by a, Rubber band, lame in the game. An Invisible woman who hides from the world, and cannot produce decent play in the game. A brother who after two attempts still cannot be more than a quick shot flaming glass cannon. And an Orange piece of coal that even Santa will not be generous to give out in this game.
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Oh yeah. Dude cannot run his business without losing employees.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Subject says it all. Unless you're in slice 1 or 2, or got crazy lucky and pulled him from Hunt tokens, there's no way for you to have the essential 4* character for the first several rounds of galactus. Nice job devs, way to use your foresight. I really don't know why I'm still surprised by things like this...
  • wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    This has been done before if I remember correctly. Its to make you want to buy the cover packs.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Mission not accomplished. All it did is piss me the cat off.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    This too shall pass.

Also, you can probably sit out those first few rounds entirely and still hit all the progression you want - thanks to time zones, I'm always asleep whenever a Ultron/Galactus starts, so I don't get to play my first match until round 3 or 4, but still managed to complete round 7 or better & hit all progression rewards - with the exception of Galactus 1, where I kinda tuned out early.
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    This is a request to the devs to delay the start of Galactus. Those who are in later shards of The Hunt are at a disadvantage because of the overlap. This can be resolved by pushing back the start of the event.
    Thanks
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Or not. Some people will have their Nova by then, why should they be punished?
  • lpearl
    lpearl Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    How would they be punished? They still have the same amount of time, and it's not a ranked event, so they don't lose anything.
  • RoboDuck
    RoboDuck Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    /Signed

Won't have a Nova until 14 hours after Galactus starts. Those in slice 5 are extra screwed.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    In 60th right now with 8 hours to go, hope it holds up and I get my Nova.
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This is easily the dumbest thing about this game. They can't even replay an existing event, requiring basically no work, and they still manage to screw it up.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Reason why is because it is punishing an entire alliance because one player chose time slice 4 or 5. Because one player is in a time zone where this works better they can't do full clears and help he alliance as much as they could, and hey still have to play another event. I have to agree with the OP this event should start on Tuesday instead of the end of slice one. If this was a normal non alliance based PVE I would agree with you, but this is an alliance event so what is the harm in starting after slice 5 is done?
  • J2L
    J2L Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    They will delay it with their server.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

lmfao. omg. what kind of nonsense.......