Who ya want fixed?

Options
Handoftheking26
Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
edited February 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok, so along with the Quicksilver adjustment we've been told a few more "fixes" are in order. I know we all have our own list of "Please fix this character!!". I know the usual IM40 cries from ALL of us, but who else? icon_question.gif

My list: Psylocke (her blue is a joke), Vision, IM40 (duh), Rags, Sentry (worst char in game imo). I would also like Hulk's red power to be fixed, as i feel it has become VERY out dated.

I also would like to see them fix Sue, Reed, and Cho but they are 4*s, not sure if that's happening. I also think it sucks royally that we got an event for Cho who is almost useless, and nothing for Nova who looks like he'll be a BEAST!

Comments

• Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* land, only ever use Colossus when he is an essential.. not even when boosted do i play him, same goes for Patch, sure i know special pairs to keep enemy strikes in check, but can end up being worse then using Sentry if you don't have the ap to do it.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The only ones that I feel like are truly in need of "fixing" are Ragnarok and Cho. They're the only ones that I would not even use when boosted because their powers are so suckawful. Everyone else I've used at least once because they could fill some sort of niche.
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    Options
    Here is a question. Once they make these changes and there is a new sell increase would you be willing to sell for the new price and just rebuild them?
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Reed Richards please.

Change his healing power to some kind of "Smartest guy in the room" power whereby he can steal tiles to thwart plans. Something to combat Doom's pink. Nothing too overpowered but maybe a little better steal than OBW.

3* Spidey could use some kind of an attack too. Dump his heal for it maybe.
  • Spiritclaw
    Spiritclaw Posts: 397 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Up until a few days ago, I had a complete set of 3* characters. I needed a slot, so I sold Rags even though he was fully covered. I figured doing so guaranteed they'd buff him soon. icon_e_smile.gif

Rags definitely needs a buff. Quicksilver was also a contender to go, so I'm glad they're working on him. Cho is really bad, Vision and 3* Iron Man need tweeks. I don't like self damaging characters (I'm always trying for that perfect game where I win and take no damage!) so I'm not a fan of Sentry or Carnage, but YMMV. 3* Captain Marvel is boring, so I don't play her, but I'm not sure she's ineffective.

That'd be my list.
  • If they're going to fix others the way they fixed Qs, I'm good.

Otherwise, for 3*s it would be nice to have Spidey become relevant beyond the usual, "Yeah, but he is kind of useful when the planets align just so and you need..." conversations, and IM40 is basically a placeholder in your roster for an actual hero character, sooo...

DBC
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Psylocke is desperately in need of a boost. Her blue is completely terrible, and her others are cheap, but lack any punch at all. I looked up her boosted champion abilities and even at level 266 they're a joke.

Red - 8 AP - 1391 damage and a 278 strike tile. Strike tile is nice, but the damage is terrible.
    Black - 6 AP - 1391 and a 333 attack tile. So bad damage and an attack tile that's much worse than a normal Iron Fist.

Those might be OK for a level 166 character, but those are her max champion stats! Just awful.
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I think 3* Spidey, Psylocke, Punisher, Rags, and IM40 are my top 5 covers that need tweaks.

How are 1* Spiderman's moves better than 3* Spiderman? Embarrassing... Pitiful stun, subpar healing (especially after healing got changed a long time ago), and a subpar Protect tile generator that 2* Bullseye laughs at.

Psylocke and Punisher are in the same boat. Powers never scaled with the growing power level of 3* covers and have been left in the dust.

Rags got nerfed so hard that almost every 2* is a better option to use (sorry Bag-Man, you're still terrible).

IM40 needs to have his AP reduced in a big way. Costs way too much to get off. Should have damage done and penalty for moves reduced if AP goes down.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    star.pngstar.pngicon_moonstone.png (Moonstone) - way too situational as a 2*, she needs more "generality" obviously
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_vision.png (Vision) - the abilities are cool, but the fact that the AI cannot play him effectively makes him not worth the ISO to invest
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_elektra.png (Elektra) - the first 4* I got half-decently covered. So excited until I tried to use her against - wehat I thought was - the main targets she is designed for... strike tile spammers. Her red trap gets over-written almost immediately, black depends on her being in front (but when it triggers whee!) and purple is too expensive to make it worth the use.
  • TheSeven
    TheSeven Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I would like She-Hulks Green (Furious Charge) to be a bit more intelligent.

Yesterday, I was about to get smoked by Steve Rogers Red. Red was at 11 everything else was between 0 to 4. Fired Green twice. Guess which color was left untouched? It would be one thing if this was an isolated occurrence, but it seems to work out that way every time.

Jennifer Walters is smart. She wouldn’t make that mistake.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    I dont think they should be fixing 3* at all. This game is firmly in the 4*/5* meta now. New players will quickly figure out which 3* and get them, why spend resources on an area that is nothing more than a temporary landing base?

4* fixes need to be applied for:

Cho - easily worst in the game
    IW - still ****, despite her rework
    Elektra - Just fails on all her powers
    Starlord - Nice idea, terrible execution.
    XForce - Give him back the original surgical and double his green damage
    Fury - Powers are fine, but costs are prohibitive

Because the 4* are so hard to come by and every LT is followed by sheer terror in case we get one of these jokes, they should all be viable to an extent. Because it is a 3v3 game I would be OK if many characters were situational depending on their buddies. Not everyone can be an iceman. However there should be no situation where a pile of 4* do nothing more than take roster slots or hang around for the rare 4* DDQ. It just is not right given the rarity.
  • 20three
    20three Posts: 371
    Options
    Quicksilver

A real fix I mean, not something they thought of in 2 seconds that doesn't fix any of his problems....
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Here are the nine 3*'s I don't have champed...all for a reason (they need help)

Quicksilver
    Doc Oc
    Psylock
    Colossus
    Storm
    Squirrel Girl
    Vision
    Beast
    Sentry
    (10th would be IM, maxed for LR's)

I never, ever use any of these outside of required PVE/PVP times.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Reed Richards
    Invisible Woman
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Starlord - Yellow needs a secondary effect for when it reaches zero, either generate AP for the team or steal it.
    IW - Needs to be far more self sufficient. Instead of a protect tile, have yellow give blue AP and probably lower the cost of green a bit more.
    MF - Needs Something more interesting than a stun and being able to stay alive around carnage. And that possible 2 green AP is not it.
    XFW - Needs way more HP and more damage for X-Force now that the 4* world wouldn't even bat an eyelash at his pre nerf stats compared to the current top 5.
    Flaptain - Red is too damned expensive to be a real threat. Should be more like Repulsor punch; lower cost but consumes that which fuels it's damage, in this case the protect tiles. Have blue convert random basic tiles to yellow instead of lowering a CD tile on blue matches.
    Cho - Remove the conditional on black, lower the cost on green, and have blue turn random basic tiles into blue charged tiles. Nothing about him makes sense in his current state.
    Fury - Probably needs a boost to his overall damage and/or a reduction to the cost of yellow.
    Elektra - More than 1 red trap tile per cast maybe? Something for purple to do if there are no strike tiles to steal. Maybe have it steal ANY special tiles. Red doesn't do enough damage.

IM40 - Drop the AP drain from his powers, boost the damage of red, lower the cost of blue.
    Spidey - Drop the heal and give him some actual damage
    Sentry - Just reset him back to his glory days. Still wouldn't scare most 4* rosters.
    Rags - Fix green so it's not garbage.
    Vision - Secondary effects for blue and yellow so there's a reason to cast them more than once.
    Psylocke - Damage boost and probably change blue to a lower AP steal on multiple colours.
    Punisher - Damage boost to black, strike tile boost for green or make it targetable.

...just for starters.
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    Options
    Starlord - Yellow needs a secondary effect for when it reaches zero, either generate AP for the team or steal it.
    IW - Needs to be far more self sufficient. Instead of a protect tile, have yellow give blue AP and probably lower the cost of green a bit more.
    MF - Needs Something more interesting than a stun and being able to stay alive around carnage. And that possible 2 green AP is not it.
    XFW - Needs way more HP and more damage for X-Force now that the 4* world wouldn't even bat an eyelash at his pre nerf stats compared to the current top 5.
    Flaptain - Red is too damned expensive to be a real threat. Should be more like Repulsor punch; lower cost but consumes that which fuels it's damage, in this case the protect tiles. Have blue convert random basic tiles to yellow instead of lowering a CD tile on blue matches.
    Cho - Remove the conditional on black, lower the cost on green, and have blue turn random basic tiles into blue charged tiles. Nothing about him makes sense in his current state.
    Fury - Probably needs a boost to his overall damage and/or a reduction to the cost of yellow.
    Elektra - More than 1 red trap tile per cast maybe? Something for purple to do if there are no strike tiles to steal. Maybe have it steal ANY special tiles. Red doesn't do enough damage.

IM40 - Drop the AP drain from his powers, boost the damage of red, lower the cost of blue.
    Spidey - Drop the heal and give him some actual damage
    Sentry - Just reset him back to his glory days. Still wouldn't scare most 4* rosters.
    Rags - Fix green so it's not garbage.
    Vision - Secondary effects for blue and yellow so there's a reason to cast them more than once.
    Psylocke - Damage boost and probably change blue to a lower AP steal on multiple colours.
    Punisher - Damage boost to black, strike tile boost for green or make it targetable.

...just for starters.

All suggestions sound pretty good but why on earth would you get rid of Cap Falcon's blue countdown-reducing power? That is the main/ possibly only reason I use him. His yellow/red are okay too.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Because of all the countdown tiles you DON'T want being reduced. And frankly, he needs to be more self sufficient and seeing as he doesn't create countdown tiles, it'd be a lot more helpful if it did something to boost the effectiveness of either yellow or red. Besides, reducing one CD tile by one turn per match isn't really all that helpful.
  • GMadMan040
    Options
    Not a derail attempt on the thread, but it has to be said over and over again - Vision does NOT need to be reworked. Put him up to max level, set him on a team where he tanks his colors and it is game over. Yup, he stinks on defense, but you can get smoking match damage when that blue is dropped, his red AOE skill under those circumstances is great, and his yellow can be strategically used to mitigate damage.

If there is any fix that it would be nice to see in the game, it does not relate to a character exactly, but to quite a few. It would be real nice to see a rework on how trap tiles work.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    True enough, I only posted the 3*'s above, and I see lots of 4*'s mentioned. Here are some 4*'s I have at level 172 (DDQ range) and I'll never, ever level further since they are the suck.

Invisible Woman
    Elektra
    Starlord
    ChoHulk
    MrF (don't have enough covers, but won't ever go beyond level 172)
    XForce (Have him at 270, and never ever use him outside of essentials. Worthless.)
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Because of all the countdown tiles you DON'T want being reduced. And frankly, he needs to be more self sufficient and seeing as he doesn't create countdown tiles, it'd be a lot more helpful if it did something to boost the effectiveness of either yellow or red. Besides, reducing one CD tile by one turn per match isn't really all that helpful.

If your team combination is improved by the speed of one specific CD tile, it is an awfully useful benefit. Not every character is intended to work well with every other character. Like you say - the fact that he does not have his own countdown mechanic means you can apply the mechanic as you see fit.

I really miss 3* Falcon's Redwing ability in his 4* costume, but I wouldn't give up the countdown reduction for it.