Boost Retirement Issues

Options
13»

Comments

• Yep, you're welcome facing the 200+ Ares grouped with 2 green-producing goons with your regular party that will be downed by onslought immediately.
    can anyone offer a solution for it without 2AP spiderman and massive use of AP boosts up front?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    pasa_ wrote:
    Yep, you're welcome facing the 200+ Ares grouped with 2 green-producing goons with your regular party that will be downed by onslought immediately.
    can anyone offer a solution for it without 2AP spiderman and massive use of AP boosts up front?
    what level is your Spider-man's blue? 3 is good enough.
  • So I went through the Final Cut for a few fights to try to get the new stockpile boost unlock, only to find out that the actual reward from final cut is the retired boost that shouldn't be awarded anymore...I don't suppose there's any chance of getting some consistency with these changes?
  • Probably i am lazy or just confuse with all the multiple post around... but can someone tell me what boost that has been retired and which boost has been introduced instead for the new system? sorry for the inconvenience icon_mrgreen.gif
  • All boosts with the exception of the crit boosts have been retired and the new ones have to be unlocked.
  • what boost that has been retired and which boost has been introduced instead for the new system?
    Every old boost except the +25% Critical has been retired. (It's likely that you'll see this if you have R48)

There are now 9 boost types instead of the previous 19, so I guess the variety is smaller. Might it be the ones only for particular character types that have been removed? Instead of +3 or +20% boosts, you generally seem to have +1 or +10% boosts, which can be stacked in a single slot.
  • alright thanks for the info xD
  • I guess the most frustrating part of this is the lack of dev response...even if it was a "this is the way it was intended and nothing is changing about it", that response would be better than the deafening silence from them on the matter. I hope that it was a mistake on the rollout and that those of us that have already put in the hours unlocking the boosts can get them unlocked again without having to grind through missions yet again, but I expect that's not the case and we'll have to suck it up and face the fact that d3 has some serious customer service issues. icon_e_sad.gif
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Xiphoen wrote:
    So I went through the Final Cut for a few fights to try to get the new stockpile boost unlock, only to find out that the actual reward from final cut is the retired boost that shouldn't be awarded anymore...I don't suppose there's any chance of getting some consistency with these changes?
    The tournament had already started before the patch was released. I would expect the next tournament to have the new version.
  • darkmagearcanis
    Options
    Xiphoen wrote:
    I guess the most frustrating part of this is the lack of dev response...even if it was a "this is the way it was intended and nothing is changing about it", that response would be better than the deafening silence from them on the matter. I hope that it was a mistake on the rollout and that those of us that have already put in the hours unlocking the boosts can get them unlocked again without having to grind through missions yet again, but I expect that's not the case and we'll have to suck it up and face the fact that d3 has some serious customer service issues. icon_e_sad.gif

I agree with this on an outstanding level. D3 relies too much on one admin to run the whole forum.
  • ZeiramMR wrote:
    Xiphoen wrote:
    So I went through the Final Cut for a few fights to try to get the new stockpile boost unlock, only to find out that the actual reward from final cut is the retired boost that shouldn't be awarded anymore...I don't suppose there's any chance of getting some consistency with these changes?
    The tournament had already started before the patch was released. I would expect the next tournament to have the new version.

If the boost is "retired", the patch notes say it shouldn't be awarded anymore...that seems to indicate to me that the reward should be modified to the new version of the boost since it gives the same functional purpose as the retired version, just allows for stacking instead of being a stack 3AP.
  • Has anyone had a lot of boosts disappear? I had 27 Critical Boosts a couple of hours ago & now have 3 and didn't use them icon_e_sad.gif
  • I just came here to say...I really dislike the new boosts. Like a lot. Really, really dislike. That is all. Thank you. icon_e_confused.gif
  • pasa_ wrote:
    Yep, you're welcome facing the 200+ Ares grouped with 2 green-producing goons with your regular party that will be downed by onslought immediately.

Switching whoever is in front will greatly encourage the AI to use their moves immediately instead of holding the AP, so if you want to avoid Onslaught, you should try to keep the same guy in front until he has 10 green. At that point, Merciless Crush will be used instead.

You don't need a perma stunlock to deal with this. All you need to do is keep Ares stunned when his AP is between 5-9, because at 10 he will always use Merciless Crush instead. The maximum number of turns his AP can be between 5-9 is 3 (because the goons generate 2 AP a turn).

With all that said, that fight is still definitely one of the poster child for 'bring Spiderman'.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bughunt wrote:
    Has anyone had a lot of boosts disappear? I had 27 Critical Boosts a couple of hours ago & now have 3 and didn't use them icon_e_sad.gif

I had this, although when I went to stack them I could stack them over the 3 times...
    Hoping it's just a display error they've not fixed. Wish they would tell us what the new limit is.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    bughunt wrote:
    Has anyone had a lot of boosts disappear? I had 27 Critical Boosts a couple of hours ago & now have 3 and didn't use them icon_e_sad.gif

I had this, although when I went to stack them I could stack them over the 3 times...
    Hoping it's just a display error they've not fixed. Wish they would tell us what the new limit is.

Ohhh, I wonder if it's another case of the font being too big.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I also went from 28 to 3. Seeing your post made me go check, and yes, it does let me stack them 5 times!
  • Nemek wrote:
    Ohhh, I wonder if it's another case of the font being too big.
    Although it I does seem silly that they didn't caught that before they released the update, I think this is what happened. I had 27 +25% Critical and I gained 3-6 more and now I see only 3. As for the limit, I think it will be 30. This way the total bonus from the +1 will be the same as before. Now: 30x(+1) = Before: 10x(+3)
  • Magnetic Mayhem event that started today still gave the retired version of the rainbow stockpile boosts...this is getting ridiculous.