Boost Retirement Issues

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Let me preface this with the fact that I'm ok with retirement of old boosts in place of the new system...would I have preferred the old system...yeah, but I haven't had a lot of time to play with the new system, so I guess the jury is still out on that.

What I do have an issue with is the loss of the ability to see/buy the boosts that I had already unlocked because I need to "find" the new boosts again. It was a task to get those last few boosts so that I could have the full variety when I needed them, but now I've been completely reset with the exception of the crit boosts and with no recourse but to hope the new boosts are released at regular intervals or grind through PVE event levels that are significantly more difficult without the boosts that I had come to be comfortable with. Can I beat the events without them...of course...but it was nice to have that buffer to help out when I felt uncomfortable with the difficulty of the given mission.

I'm baffled as to why we're able to keep our crit boosts, but you couldn't throw us a bone and either transform the current boosts (might've created a different outrage i guess, since crits was the only one to retain the same power level I guess), or given your long time dedicated customers the newly created boosts that were just recreated versions of the old boosts. I'm not asking for a handout, but just to have the slots unlocked so that we could buy them with iso/hp in the event we wanted to use them. As it stands now, I'm left to the whims of RNG to try to unlock the boosts I've already unlocked in the past.

In short, please unlock the already existing boosts for those of us that already went through the trouble of unlocking them once already...or offer an option to pay iso to unlock them maybe?

Thanks,
Xiphoen Phoenixrage

Comments

• the boosts are retired not locked, you can still use them but you will not be able to replenish them is all
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    the boosts are retired not locked, you can still use them but you will not be able to replenish them is all
    I understand that...but we don't have the option to use the new versions of the boost until we win them and "unlock" the ability to use them again...which seems like a slap in the face to those of us that already unlocked what the boosts already do.
  • actually considering that the new boosts are, well new, and stack 5 high? I'll call it a fair compromise and deal with it
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 250 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Is there a list somewhere of the new boosts?
  • zonatahunt: Nothing that I've seen yet, but the hypothesis that I've seen is that it's +10% stack per boost for 2 colors or all colors, same as before with less power and ability to stack and +1 ap for two colors or all colors with stack ability.

MTGOFerret: I guess that's my issue is that they're not new...they're the exact same function, but just can now stack...if they had just had it so that they were unlocked already, i wouldn't have an issue...but to have to hope that I can find a PVE mission that has the boosts I'm looking for, then grind for the boosts just seems asinine to me when I've already been through the process.
  • Wow.....without boosts and everybody at level 230, devs really don't want you to beat any level, at all it seems. May be my jump off point in the game
  • I'm not good when told I have a limited amount of items to use for the rest of my life. I have no idea how I'm going to use my remaining retired boosts. I'm thinking I'll probably sit on them for a very long time for no reason whatsoever.
  • Xiphoen wrote:
    zonatahunt: Nothing that I've seen yet, but the hypothesis that I've seen is that it's +10% stack per boost for 2 colors or all colors, same as before with less power and ability to stack and +1 ap for two colors or all colors with stack ability.

MTGOFerret: I guess that's my issue is that they're not new...they're the exact same function, but just can now stack...if they had just had it so that they were unlocked already, i wouldn't have an issue...but to have to hope that I can find a PVE mission that has the boosts I'm looking for, then grind for the boosts just seems asinine to me when I've already been through the process.

you sure they're the exact same +3's ? I could have sworn that they were being changed to +1s and 10%'s ?!
    because +3 x5 15ap or 100%damage in two colors when stacked 5 high seems a bit too insane
  • Do we know if we'll be able to keep more than 10 in our inventory at a time? If not, is that an effective nerf to our inventory of boosts? For example, it used to be that you would have to spend 1/10th of your black/green stockpiles to get 3 of each color. But if 10 is still the maximum, you'd now have to use 30% of your inventory.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    dtm7817 wrote:
    Do we know if we'll be able to keep more than 10 in our inventory at a time? If not, is that an effective nerf to our inventory of boosts? For example, it used to be that you would have to spend 1/10th of your black/green stockpiles to get 3 of each color. But if 10 is still the maximum, you'd now have to use 30% of your inventory.

I currently have 19 of the crit boost, so it's at least that much.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This seems needlessly convoluted.
    If they don't like boosts anymore they should just remove them from the game altogether, and deal with the remains of a boost-less balance system.
    These 1/2 measures and not-quite-nerfs are getting silly.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Time to add a bunch more fuel to this fire.

AP Boosts got a definitely price jack along with the change, brings me much sadness =( Just another step in trying to phase out the AP boosts

New +1/+1 AP boost only stack up to 3, which is expected.
    Post-match random boost rewards: *3* copies of the stackable buff (for +1/+1 AP). Old version was 3x +3/+3 AP.
    Prologue match rewards: 5 copies of the stackable buff (for +1/+1 AP). Old version was 3x +3/+3 AP.
    Buying boosts: You get 5 copies of the stackable buff +1/+1 for 200iso. Old version was 3x +3/+3 for 200iso. That's half as many for the same price!

In other words, a +3/+3 AP boost now costs 120iso to buy and use. Not sure if this is an oversight or not, but based on the match rewards giving *3* copies now instead of an equivalent 9, this appears intentional. These cost 33iso each just a couple months ago... take it easy devs

For the color/color damage boosts, they're each 10% to match damage, stack up to 5, and you can buy 3 of them for 50 iso. Not bad for certain teams, will see more use at least now.
    For the % crit damage boosts, they're 25% to crit each, stack up to 5, not sure on the buy price but I assume 50 iso. These are pretty damn nice for crit happy characters like C Mags, but don't really change the flow of the match anything like the +AP boosts.

Haven't done anymore tests, but go forth people!

Edit: Got a random reward from pvp. 3x +1/+1AP. Wow, that 66% nerf
  • Are you unlocking the new boosts randomly after PVP or as rewards in PVE? I do not want to enter the Brotherhood subs for a few hours.
  • Ghast wrote:
    Are you unlocking the new boosts randomly after PVP or as rewards in PVE? I do not want to enter the Brotherhood subs for a few hours.

I have received them randomly after events in both the PVE event, and the PVP Event. Unsure about in the Prologue, I've only done a couple missions, and I do not believe any dropped.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I just got a "Fight better with boosts!" Message in a little window...

It had +1 on it and then no picture and

null
    null

at the bottom

Which said it was going to cost me 4444 iso to buy... glad I didn't misclick on that....
    Would that have actually cost me 4444 iso to buy a broken +1 nothing?
  • I was able to unlock the single AP stockpiles for red/yellow and black/green, but I am SOL on blue/purple unless I can earn it as a random reward after PVP.

Not thrilled with this.
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Xiphoen wrote:
    zonatahunt: Nothing that I've seen yet, but the hypothesis that I've seen is that it's +10% stack per boost for 2 colors or all colors, same as before with less power and ability to stack and +1 ap for two colors or all colors with stack ability.

you sure they're the exact same +3's ? I could have sworn that they were being changed to +1s and 10%'s ?!
    because +3 x5 15ap or 100%damage in two colors when stacked 5 high seems a bit too insane

I think we're squabbling over semantics here....the boosts have the same functional purpose of increasing starting ap, it's just the amount...3x of the +1 boosts does the exact same thing as 1 of the 3AP boosts...and since we've already gone through the trouble of unlocking the +3, why should we be forced to go through the same issues to unlock that which does, functionally the same thing, but requires stacking now to get the same results?
  • So here's a legit question, and I only ask because I won't have access to my game for a few more hours...

If I haven't collected all the "retired" boosts from previous mission rewards, will I still be able to collect them or did the developers migrate those over to the new ones?
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    The retired boosts will no longer drop but you can hold onto those you have til they have been used.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    The retired boosts will no longer drop but you can hold onto those you have til they have been used.

I'm talking about as mission rewards from the chapters in the Prologue. If they don't drop, I won't be able to claim 100% of the rewards in each chapter icon_e_sad.gif