Which THREE STAR Teams do you use for the Big Enchilada?

Options

Comments

• Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Patch/Bulls3ye/Spid3rman

this revolves around purpleflag.png . purple matches yield protect tiles, and builds AP for Bullseye's Lethal Improvisation, which can be used on special tiles generated by the AI (esp Turn to Smoke), or strikes given by Patch's powers. obviously the stun and heal abilities are useful, and Bullseye's passive is tailor-made for wave nodes.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Jam_Adams wrote:
    Bullseye's passive is tailor-made for wave nodes.
    Pretty much this. I run Bullseye in middle, Cyclops on the left and Cage on the right. Concentrate on having Bullseye down 1-2 of the first 3 goons, and the rest of the waves are a breeze.

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Marvelfamily
    Options
    Sorry, but... what's AOE? icon_eek.gificon_question.gificon_lol.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Area of Effect
  • IFORANI
    IFORANI Posts: 91
    Options
    Never lost with Cyclops/Blade/OBW. I think OBW is really the key to TBE.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For a very long time I was using Cage/LStorm/OBW - the tile delay, ap steal and board shake were reliable enough for goons and if you save Cage's colors for the heroes, he can take down the whole team with judicious use of cross (ie, allow that stun turn on the guy not uppercutted, use it to match additional black if you can). Rinse and repeat for rounds 3 and 4. But it was slow - you're basically killing goons entirely with matching and the occasional lightning strike. The team also has no active red.

Now I use CMag/Witch/Cage. Rainbow color use, swapping out Cage's uppecut for Mags' relatively useless protect tiles. Witch's constant purple generation pounds goons with 5-matches, and occasionally Mags needs to pop off the red for board shake, or a blue if you've about to get hit with a particularly nasty countdown. Hero rounds fire off witch x 2, finish off with uppercuts and/or mags blue. I usually take a little bit of damage, but it takes half the time and I've still usually got 2-3 powers left unfired.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* Steve Rogers, 3* Falcon, and Kamala Khan. Everyday, and has never failed me.

5 blue Ap and Falcon sends Redwing to help with goon CD tiles. That buys me time to gather red, blue, green Ap. Caps red & blue also cover CDs. His blue stuns and leaves protect tiles. Any damage taken, Kamala heals. Even though it's not "true healing", I always finish with all 3 at full health. By the 4th wave I usually have enough green to hit Embiggen twice back to back, pretty much giving me a quick ending. Anyone not downed by 2 of KK's big fisted beat down gets a sheild shoved up their kitty.
    Game Over, I win icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

JJ
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Falcon/Punisher/Spidey

Falcon blue and Spidey stun for when countdowns go wrong.
    Spidey purple for Hand strike, shiruken and caltrop issues.
    Punisher green gives me attack tiles and black gives me strike tiles that feed off the attack tiles.
    And finally Falcon yellow buffs all them board improvements so that by wave 3 everything just dies.

In goon rounds I will use Punisher green to lay down attack tiles and then boost them as best I can with Falcon. When rounds with active opponents come around I burn them down with any saved up Molitovs and finish them with Punisher's red if required. (Troublemakers like Hulk or Captain Marvel). By wave 4 a molitov can easily be doing 3000 damage to each team member when fired, and my end of round strikes hitting for 3-4k.

Nowadays I have subbed out Spidey for Prof X, because I get bonus tiles when Punisher uses an ability and his purple adds to the buffs my tiles get. It isn't uncommon for me to complete the event without being having visibly lost health.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    3* Cap
    gsBW
    Hood

Unless I get a bad starting board, I can usually do the entire event without taking more than 15 minutes damage (meaning time to heal back up to full for all three).

Both Cap and gsBW are slow to build powers, but gsBW accellerates herself, and Cap returns AP from his shields. By the start of wave 4, I usually have 30 ap in all colors.

The only trick is to end each wave with a power to ensure it's still my turn on the next wave. On the Opponent waves (2 & 4) I open with Sniper Rifle and mop up whatever's left, on the NPC waves, I typically use Hood's black (~1300 hp) to down the last one.

I always use the same team for the 'Dat required Character' fight... essential char plus:
    3* DP - to get his DP points
    SWitch - to accelerate whales
  • I use Iron Fist Black Panther and Scarlet Witch.

Yellow Strike tiles are nice but generally unnecessary, I enter the character node with at least 15 purple and 12 black.

I never use Sws purple. Fast and easy
  • DarqFeonix
    DarqFeonix Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Options
    My tried and true War Team (LCap / Falcon / Punisher) has been replaced with a much more fun team:

LCap / Bullseye (middle) / Iron Fist

If you are not running Bullseye in Wave battles, you're missing out. He's simply a comical beast. Iron Fist's... Well, Fist just piles as the match proceeds

The only danger I've found is oddly enough, facing Squirrel Girl in Wave 2 - her Nuts can screw you with the amount of special Tiles Bullseye created Wave 1
  • BP/LCap/GSBW

I use this trio everyday and have yet to lose. Pretty simple; Cap handles rounds 1 & 3, using his Red and Blue to overwrite CD tiles, while you build up AP for BP and GSBW for the next rounds. Always be sure to finish off the last goon with a Red to ensure first move next round:

Use a Cap Blue if necessary (Hulk/Capt. Marvel). Then unleash a Widow Green (or use her Pink to accelerate her Green), followed by a BP Black. Round over. Everytime.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

The only semi-difficult part is getting through the first round while you build up AP (prioritize Red and Blue to get Cap going first). These are three notoriously slow heroes, however once you get going, you're off to the races...

Note: Always be sure to tuck Cap's round-ending Red in a corner to avoid losing it to Widow's Green.
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    From Very beginning I'm using Patch/Blade/Spiderman.

A lot of strike tiles to make Blade's attack tiles really powerful. And Spidey for protects, cheap stuns and healing.

However when Iron Man's buff will go live, I'm going to champion him and use with Steve and Hood icon_e_wink.gif
  • Frank NewCastle
    Frank NewCastle Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've used the same team for a long, long time....

LazyCap, Falcon and Hood

Get requisite purple, launch Bird Strike as early as possible and then matching yellow will increase the protect tiles to prodigious levels. Hood will steal ample tiles to make sure that by Wave 4 you have 30 AP in all colours. Then it's just a question of what order you want to knock them off.

New BE is marginally harder from time to time, but essentially it's the same principle.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've used the same team since they started it, all 3*'s, and haven't lost once: Thor/HulK/Cap. This was once my go to team for PVE and sometimes PVP, but they've since been replaced with shinier 3*'s and now 4*'s. That makes them perfect for Big Enchilada. Hulk can soak up as much damage as he likes while generating green for Call the Storm and Cap is getting his sheilds ready, and I don't have to bother using health packs on him afterwards because I won't use him again until tomorrow (unless Galactus is causing trouble).

I will say tho, that new IM40 with Cap/Kamala combo looks mighty tempting.
  • Skymedium
    Skymedium Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Doing it without a healer seems so painful, the blue on obw is a must for me in the majority of wave nodes.
  • SnagglePuss
    SnagglePuss Posts: 702 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Make it fun

Current team is Bullseye, Daken, Cyclops.
    The aim is to down every opponent with Bullseye, whether it's match damage, Green or Purple so Contract Killer triggers. Daken keeps a useable tile out. Cyke sits in the back building up his cannons.

You don't need to collect a lot of AP, just enough to set that first Contract killer off, after that it's just total mayhem. By the time you get to wave 3/4 there are enough tiles out doing ludicrous damage matches don't last long.

Change the partners you want for Bullseye but you need at least one person who constantly spams tiles. Get so sloppy now you don't even need to end on an ability to take it into the next wave.

BE should be the new PvE hero, and he makes it fun.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My Big Enchilada team has changed over time as I've Champion'd more characters. My current team, star.pngstar.pngstar.png Champions all, is icon_magneto.pngicon_mystique.png and icon_kamalakhan.png . It's rare the enemies in the fourth wave even manage a single attack or match at this point.
  • Skymedium wrote:
    Doing it without a healer seems so painful, the blue on obw is a must for me in the majority of wave nodes.

You only need a healer if you take damage which shouldn't really happen.

Falcon to take care of countdown tiles, Magneto to reduce board diversity, deal single target damage, and if necessary create protect tiles, Punisher to finish, shake up the board, and create strike tiles for Falcon to buff.

Finish each goon wave with Punisher's green to keep the board and down all three active opponents with Punisher black, plus whichever other powers are ready.

It's less common to take zero damage now they have mixed the rounds up a bit but that still happens more often than losing one of those three toons.

Bullseye would slot in nicely for reasons mentioned above, I just happen not to have him covered properly.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    icon_cyclops.pngicon_ironfist.pngicon_scarletwitch.png

Great trio of star.pngstar.pngstar.png characters. Multiple good, active powers. Ramps up really well early to clear out the harder waves at the end.