Scarlet Witch isn't even that good.

Comments

• Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    tanis3303 wrote:
    My favorite Switch team is Antman/Kingpin/Scarlet Witch. So many countdowns...so many finger pokes!

Interesting. I like Kingpin / Scarlet Witch / Iron Fist. Use the purple she generates to make more black, without which Kingpin can't point his finger.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    tanis3303 wrote:
    My favorite Switch team is Antman/Kingpin/Scarlet Witch. So many countdowns...so many finger pokes!

Interesting. I like Kingpin / Scarlet Witch / Iron Fist. Use the purple she generates to make more black, without which Kingpin can't point his finger.
    Yeah, SWitch/IF with any character that has a strong black ability is pretty mean as well.
  • Malcrof wrote:
    SW + 2* Hawkeye. you know you want to try it!

I've done it when out of health packs and hawkguy is boosted.
  • cyineedsn
    cyineedsn Posts: 361 Mover and Shaker
    20three wrote:
    I don't understand why she is the character I see most often in PvP when she is incredibly flawed and has the potential to make you an easy target.

... wait what? icon_eek.gif
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    first-look-at-elizabeth-olsen-and-aaron-taylor-johnson-as-scarlet-witch-quicksilver3__oPt.jpg

Yeah, I think I'd be willing to take one for the team here, guys..... I know, I know -- it's big of me.

Way better than her twin sisters.
  • Buret0
    Scarlet Witch doesn't even go here.
  • Buret0
    But in all seriousness, SW is a ton of fun in PvE against goons.

Ideal team:

SW + JG + Captain Falcon.

Oh? There's an ability that can decrease CDs as a passive? And there's a passive CD that makes purple? And there's a purple that does AoE and wipes out enemy CD tiles? And Goons only attack with CD tiles?

Count me out.
  • Buret0
    cyineedsn wrote:
    20three wrote:
    I don't understand why she is the character I see most often in PvP when she is incredibly flawed and has the potential to make you an easy target.

... wait what? icon_eek.gif

I mean, it's like when I see a FistBuster. Any time I see SW, I feel the urge to bring a 5 Blue cover JG along with me.
  • timbopp
    timbopp Posts: 88
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Witch + Jean Grey + Captain Falcon. That team is carrying me in pve at the moment. Falcap speeds up witch's countdown tile giving heaps of purple for Jean to wipe everyone (and enemy tiles) out.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    timbopp wrote:
    Surprised nobody has mentioned Witch + Jean Grey + Captain Falcon. That team is carrying me in pve at the moment. Falcap speeds up witch's countdown tile giving heaps of purple for Jean to wipe everyone (and enemy tiles) out.

Psst, look two posts above yours.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ice/JG/SW
    SW/Kingpin
    SW/Phoenix
    Faptain/JG/SW

You are using her wrongly.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    kensterr wrote:
    Ice/JG/SW
    SW/Kingpin
    SW/Phoenix
    Faptain/JG/SW

Now it is a 'broken' combo for most of us, but she was part of the best PvE team ever

ProfX+GSBW+SW

I literally destroyed 395 Gauntlet nodes with this team.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Polares wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Ice/JG/SW
    SW/Kingpin
    SW/Phoenix
    Faptain/JG/SW

Now it is a 'broken' combo for most of us, but she was part of the best PvE team ever

ProfX+GSBW+SW

Duuuuude. The first rule of 'broken' combo is...
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    Switch + lcap + hood can take on almost any team too. Stun everyone with her purple and cap blue, nuke with cap red, hood reduces the timers, rinse repeat.

This should also work with flaptain instead of hood.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    LIZOLSEN.png

Yeah, I think I'd be willing to take one for the team here, guys..... I know, I know -- it's big of me.

I need this picture in widescreen without the watermark for my desktop.. those eyes......

heart-fire-animation18.gif
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    hurcules wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Ice/JG/SW
    SW/Kingpin
    SW/Phoenix
    Faptain/JG/SW

ProfX+GSBW+SW

Duuuuude. The first rule of 'broken' combo is...

Mmmm I think you misunderstood me (or I did not write it clearly enough icon_razz.gif). When I said broken I wasn't talking about OP or super good combo, I was saying that after the change in match damage the combo is broken for all of us who had Xavier leveled between 210 and 220 to maximize blue damage, so broken was 'not working anymore' icon_razz.gif

PS: I think devs know already about this combo ...
  • Buret0
    Polares wrote:
    Mmmm I think you misunderstood me (or I did not write it clearly enough icon_razz.gif). When I said broken I wasn't talking about OP or super good combo, I was saying that after the change in match damage the combo is broken for all of us who had Xavier leveled between 210 and 220 to maximize blue damage, so broken was 'not working anymore' icon_razz.gif

PS: I think devs know already about this combo ...

To be honest, there are plenty of times when I don't even think the devs know how their game is played, let alone know about what combos work.

That's why we got the Chos and the MrFs and the 5*s.

Its like they look at the financial data in a vacuum when they make some of these decisions, rendering the actual character designs totally a mystery to them. "Last time we introduced a character based on Hulk, people spent lots of money on him. Let's try that again. Anyone know another hulk?" "I've got an idea for one that eats hotdogs..." "Okay, let's try that."
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Any character that functions as a cheap or passive AP accelerator is going to get used a lot, regardless of whatever else they bring to the table. So what if it's her one trick, it's a trick that wins matches way more often than it doesn't, and I've lost plenty of matches to Hood teams because I got a little unlucky at the start with my early AP gen that he kept scooping up before I could kill him. And for the record, she allows me to use Iceman to lock Jean down till she gets squashed, so no, Jean does not render her useless at all.
  • PeeOne
    PeeOne Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    She is my support for BWGS - the purple (I've always thought pink!!) feed into Deceptive tactics and that speeds up green sniper shot collection!!

My go to team in DDQ is BWGS 5/3/5, SW 4/5/3 & BP 4/4/5

Actually my go to for most PvP too
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    kensterr wrote:
    Ice/JG/SW
    SW/Kingpin
    SW/Phoenix
    Faptain/JG/SW

ProfX+GSBW+SW

Didn't want to state the obvious since that team is broken now. Time to move on. icon_e_sad.gif
This discussion has been closed.