What's a reasonable Iso flow rate? [Poll]

Comments

• Argon Flame
    Argon Flame Posts: 98 Match Maker
    I have been plotting my ISO gain per day as well. Currently sits around 18k per day. Only needed 2M to get all my 3-stars championed (from their previous levels). Get localised spikes in rate depending on events.

Would be interesting to see how the ISO supply rate in general has changed. There is a natural inflation requirement stepping from 3-star releases to 4-star. Has the supply rate increase matched?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    The mode of the voting is for 30k???

That's a typical haul on Wednesdays.

When asking for something "reasonable", your initial position should be at the lower limit of what you unreasonable, in hopes of budging the current terms nearer your idea of reasonable.

Everyone should be voting 100K in hopes of getting 50K icon_lol.gif

Like I said a couple posts up, what it looks like is everyone is voting double what they currently achieve. Most people are bringing in 10-15k a day, so they're asking for 20-30k.

I would say if you're doing 30k a day now, you're in that top .5% of players, most likely. Unless you're doing 30k by bleeding facebook gifts dry, which again is something not many have done.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Like I said a couple posts up, what it looks like is everyone is voting double what they currently achieve
    Good observation. I've been been tracking during a push to champ a few 4*s, and I've been around 24k per day... and I voted 50k
  • ViralCore
    ViralCore Posts: 168 Tile Toppler
    It depends on the transition level you are in but if 4*s are the new 3*s then the current ISO drops need to significantly increase.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    ViralCore wrote:
    It depends on the transition level you are in but if 4*s are the new 3*s then the current ISO drops need to significantly increase.
    and/or, like they did with the 3*s when they became the core of the game, reduce the iso costs for them. i'll never forget the day they reduced 3* leveling costs. all of the sudden I had a huge roster of 120s to go along with my pvp characters that I was pushing higher. if they applied an approximately same program to the current 4*s, the 'cheap' level should be in the 180-200 range. would be very nice to slash the costs of getting 4*s to that level.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    At the very least, can we all get on board with pushing for the following changes?

PvE: Increase the bottom reward from 20 to 50. Replace all the Crit Boost rewards with either 100 or 200, depending on difficulty.

PvP: Increase ISO rewards from 70 & 140, to 100 & 200.

I think those changes would result in a couple extra thousand ISO per day (maybe a little more), while preserving the sense that you need to work to get enough to level your characters.

I don't think a flat "everyone gets more Iso" is going to ever fix anything, because it just means everything will gradually get adjusted up also. I do agree with losing the crit boost because those are lame to get, and frustrating.

Although, regarding the bottom rewards for nodes, I'd prefer a change like removing the bottom reward entirely, unless all other rewards have been earned. You shouldn't have to grind the last node for a single CP a dozen times. That's a good example of just unfun gameplay created by RNG that doesn't serve anything in the game.
  • amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    (Resurrected this while searching for something else, but it amused me.)

I thought I was getting 25-30k per day when I originally read this, and selected 40k as desirable target.

But I figured out how to calculate all my leveling ISO (no idea how much spent on skips and boosts) a week or so ago, then checked that against my time playing, and at the time it was almost exactly 20k per day. Going back to my very first day, so my guess might still have been on target, but was still amused that I chose exactly double my full-term average.
  • NMANOZ
    NMANOZ Posts: 108 Tile Toppler
    I think when we had the double Iso periods, the amount of Iso for DDQ was spot on. I would like to see it permanently doubled from the current Iso rewards. Considering it is where most general players get their Iso, it makes sense.
  • Chipster22
    Chipster22 Posts: 299 Mover and Shaker
    I am now earning ISO faster than covers. All of my 4*s and below are max leveled to match the covers I have for them. There is still a deficit of over 1.6 million ISO to max my 5*s to their covers.

It is starting to make me wonder what this game will be like with an ISO surplus. Will waiting for covers be any better than waiting for ISO?

For reference, I have VIP, make a $20 purchase a few times a year, and am on day 1075.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    My spreadsheet is based upon 25k a day which is what I have voted for.

However outside of these past 2 weeks ( Gauntlet & DPD v MPQ ) I can easily see 30k plus a day.

None of the above includes the Iso I would get for Shield levels or for selling a full champed 2 star which I consider bonuses at the time.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    You need to reconsider this now with the intercepts going on?
    I have never monitored my ISO-8 income, however voted for 15K / day, which now when I think of it seems low.

I often think to myself,
    "today I'll monitor my ISO-8" but I end up not doing it.

Leveling 3* Thor now. As for now I have 154 ISO-8 in my stash. icon_e_sad.gif
    I'll look into it again after this day ends to see how close to / far from 15K I land. I should have a top 100 placement in Deadpool vs. Villians / Deadpool vs. MMQ, I'll play the next PVE until I get bored, I'll do the DDQ but probably no PVP today.

a) Holy Necro Batman!

b) What are intercepts? - says this Steam user.

c) With shield ranks, championing (which started just before this post), CL & all sorts of other happy things, I'm at ~35k per day now. So more than double what it was a year ago. Still doesn't feel like enough but I would say it's a comfortable level, and was what I wanted to see as a goal when this was created.

Obvious there are more dedicated people (with intercepts, facebook) that do even more than that. The devs have done a good job of opening the gates appropriately for the stage of the game you're in.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    I average 30K a day now, which still isn't enough to level up the characters I get covers for. Once you start working on 4*s and 5*s, then you don't have enough ISO for the covers you get, it's that simple. Hoarding CP and LT becomes a necessity, not an option.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    There isn't really a single answer as different rozter strengths and activity levels csn and should earn different amounts.

At 27k a day, it is possible to collect enough iso to champ a 4* in 2 weeks. In my opinion, that should be the iso flow rate for a daily but not hardcore vet in 4* land.

It should be pretty easy for a 4* player to earm that much iso. Players in lower clearance levels should earn a bit less, and hardcore players will of course need more iso to keep pace with the character release rate and 5* leveling costs.

I interpreted the poll question as "how much iso should a real grinder pull down each day?" and sincr i think 27k a day should be "easy" for a daily playing vet, grinders shiukd be getting noticeavbly more. i therefore voted 50k per day.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I figure 30,000 a day is about enough to max out a 4* within the 2 weeks a cover will expire. Though that might be low balling it.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    please tell us how you hit 30k per day i dont see how...
    You can make 4k per LR if you hit the seeds. There are 12 per day. I'll assume you sleep and eat, so let's say you hit 6 of them. That's 24k... plus 4k from DDQ... plus whatever you get from that day's PvE and PvP play... plus the end-of-sub and end-of-event awards, which should be 2-3k.

How are you getting 4K per LR? It seems that I usually only get about 2k (sometimes less) even when I get 10 seed teams (which is supposedly the most you can get). IIRC (and I may be wrong) for each seed team, I get 30 ISO + 70, 140, or (rarely) 250. 10 seed teams usually puts me at around 200-230 progression. I don't remember the progression awards, but I think that's a standard token (100 ISO) + 250 ISO + 140?? ISO.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I know it's a year old thread, but a lot has changed since then and I think it's worth revisiting.

I've spoken in the past about not earning ISO fast enough to keep up with 4* releases, but that's no longer the case. I can typically champ a 4* in about a week - sometimes longer if my farms need tending, or if I have new 5s I want to play with, and to me that feels about right. I'm a 5* player and so I should be able to make enough ISO to catch up on the previous tier while having some left over to continue to progress in my current tier. This should be the case for all tiers - enough ISO to champ the characters you need to in maybe 10 days, with a little bonus left over to grow into the next tier.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I know it's a year old thread, but a lot has changed since then and I think it's worth revisiting.

I've spoken in the past about not earning ISO fast enough to keep up with 4* releases, but that's no longer the case. I can typically champ a 4* in about a week - sometimes longer if my farms need tending, or if I have new 5s I want to play with, and to me that feels about right. I'm a 5* player and so I should be able to make enough ISO to catch up on the previous tier while having some left over to continue to progress in my current tier. This should be the case for all tiers - enough ISO to champ the characters you need to in maybe 10 days, with a little bonus left over to grow into the next tier.

I'm in a similar, though not identical position (largely 4* player with one maxed 5*.) I finished leveling all my covered 4*s in the fall of last year. I tend to level a 4* whenever they are the required character, and can usually max them in 4-6 days from one of my "park points" (139 or 175, usually.) Every so often I dump some Iso into one of my well-covered 5*s. Overall, the amount of Iso I get in a day is adequate for my purposes and feels "right." Generally it's 35-40K.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I read so often 'don't spend iso on xxx'.

I think I make 30k a day, maybe more. Wirhout LR. So I see no reason not to spend iso on any character. Especially with coming iso back after championship.

With 900k/month, you can do more than enough. It is not necessary to do get all into champs fast.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I voted 25k, which is actually close to what I get when I try. It seems like the most popular answer I is 30k, which seems well within range of what is accessible to people. I don't really think there's an iso shortage as such any more. More that people are still recovering from the long drought.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    edited February 2017
    Edit:
    Nvm, just realised it's a necro thread.