What's a reasonable Iso flow rate? [Poll]

GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Since we're all in agreement that there isn't enough iso in the game, I thought it a good idea to figure out what people think would be a reasonable amount to be able to earn based on regular play. I think that's essential to answer some other questions (like what to do with the 20iso reward)

Some notes on the poll:

-Vote for whatever is closest to the number in your head. If it's 55k, vote 50k. If it's 65k, vote 75k.

-I've tracked my iso every day, and since the beginning of DDQ it averages just over 15k. I'm not casual, but I don't play LRs and sporadically play PvE. For 'normal' play, I think that's a decent baseline of current state. If you would vote less than that, tough.

Other points of reference (these exclude champion fees):
To max a 3* from scratch in one week requires 17132 per day
To max a 4* from scratch in one week requires 52271 per day
To max a 5* from scratch in one week requires 79133 per day
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Depends on how much you play. I felt like double iso week during anniversary was fair.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    On a day with event rewards and decent LR play, I can make upwards of 30K. But I need more, so much more!!!

I get that the devs wouldn't want us to endlessly earn infinite amounts of iso by playing non-stop all day, but it would be nicer to have more per day than what we currently get, due to the fact that right now I need around 2 million+ iso to max and champion all my characters who have reward covers that are about to go to waste. For instance, I have three 4* covers sitting in my queue, but I don't think I'll be able to max and champion all of those 4*s within the next few days, so some of those covers will go to waste instead of giving me that sweet champion LT. Not to mention all of the 3* covers I have about to expire as well...
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is this poll what I am getting now or what I feel I should be able to get. I'm a little confused on the poll itself.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    wymtime wrote:
    So is this poll what I am getting now or what I feel I should be able to get. I'm a little confused on the poll itself.

What you feel you should be able to get.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slightly off topic, but since we're discussing iso flow I think it's close enough: I saw a player in a line chat claim to be receiving 30k iso per day from Facebook shared rewards since he had about 3k mpq friends. Is that actually possible or was he full of small kittens?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted 15k. On most days I get in the neighborhood of 6-7k, which is mostly from the DDQ. I don't do much PVE - on the rare occasions that I force myself to play a PVE event, it's obviously higher since I'll hit a few 250-500 ISO rewards.

A consistent 15k, for me at least, would be enough to feel like I'm actually making some progress without blowing up the rate of character development to an unreasonable extent.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    udonomefoo wrote:
    Slightly off topic, but since we're discussing iso flow I think it's close enough: I saw a player in a line chat claim to be receiving 30k iso per day from Facebook shared rewards since he had about 3k mpq friends. Is that actually possible or was he full of small kittens?

I probably know who you're talking about (if he has all of his 3* maxed + duplicates it's the same guy). He's not lying.

And yes, that's a Steam player's sore spot for another day
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards

I just looked at this number.

They release a 4* about every other week. So you need 60,000 (let's not forget Championining!) in that time: so I said 30,000 a day.

Seems like a lot! But without it, those starting have no hope whatsoever to KEEP EVEN with everyone else, much less ever catch up!
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    udonomefoo wrote:
    All I know is, the more FB friends I added, the fewer rewards I got, so I'm now cancelling all requests. My guess is that it's not dissimilar to a pyramid scheme, and not everyone can be at the top of it.
  • simonsez
    I said 50k, but I meant that as the high-end potential for someone who grinds PvE, clears all PvP progressions, clears DDQ every day, and hits LRs pretty hard.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,408 Chairperson of the Boards
    mpqr7 wrote:
    On a day with event rewards and decent LR play, I can make upwards of 30K. But I need more, so much more!!!

I get that the devs wouldn't want us to endlessly earn infinite amounts of iso by playing non-stop all day, but it would be nicer to have more per day than what we currently get, due to the fact that right now I need around 2 million+ iso to max and champion all my characters who have reward covers that are about to go to waste. For instance, I have three 4* covers sitting in my queue, but I don't think I'll be able to max and champion all of those 4*s within the next few days, so some of those covers will go to waste instead of giving me that sweet champion LT. Not to mention all of the 3* covers I have about to expire as well...

please tell us how you hit 30k per day i dont see how...

i say maybe double the ISO and that will be good. right now you can earn what 2000 per day in Daily maybe bump that to 5000

1 star 1000
    that far right 2500

do mostly double will be good. Yea i too would love TONS OF ISO but think about it if they allowed you tons then in a month or two people would compalin there is nothing to do
  • wymtime
    I put 25k. I do 3-4 clears in PVE, do LR seed teams as often as I can and score over 1000 in PVP. I don think I net 15k a day with DPDQ. For the work I feel I put in 20-25k feels about right being able to level a 4* in a week and 1/2.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    udonomefoo wrote:

I can't imagine what it must be like to dismiss that many pop-ups (prior to the current patch) on a daily basis.
  • simonsez
    slidecage wrote:
    You can make 4k per LR if you hit the seeds. There are 12 per day. I'll assume you sleep and eat, so let's say you hit 6 of them. That's 24k... plus 4k from DDQ... plus whatever you get from that day's PvE and PvP play... plus the end-of-sub and end-of-event awards, which should be 2-3k.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    FB friend gifts, ddq, pvp, lr, placement rewards, championing, it all adds up!
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:
    You can make 4k per LR if you hit the seeds. There are 12 per day. I'll assume you sleep and eat, so let's say you hit 6 of them. That's 24k... plus 4k from DDQ... plus whatever you get from that day's PvE and PvP play... plus the end-of-sub and end-of-event awards, which should be 2-3k.
    That all sounds realistic. It's just quite a bit of play time in a day, and only works 3 days a week. Pulling out the LR income for the remaining days and averaging over a week drops your iso income significantly lower than 30k per day.

(I'm not trying to pin this on you. I know you're as aware of the iso shortage as the rest of us. Just adding to the discussion.)
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

I pretty much assume anyone who says "just do LRs" for ISO is unemployed. I get to do maybe 2 or 3 a week - I'm working during the day, and half the time when I pull up the app at night to play and one is available, it's 20 minutes from the end so there are no seeds to hit.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    edited January 2016
    I think a different question is what do the Dev's think is the mean? like - should an average person be able to max a character in a weeks worth of time? three weeks?

i get that you get out of this game what you put into it. If you want to grind endlessly, set your alarms for the best clears, never miss a LR - more power to you. Truly. You have earned your top 1% (or 5%-whatever) status.

But what's their target for casual players? do they want players playing an average of 1 hour a day? 2 hours? 30 minutes?

Then - take those two variables and make sure that a player hits that target some significant portion of the time. If the average player should be able to max two characters a month by playing an hour a day, make sure we get the ISO that supports that scenario. If they think an average player plays 2 hours a day, adjust accordingly.

(right now, it seems like they think an average player has a 4* roster and plays 8 hours a day, but whatever).
  • SnowcaTT wrote:

I just looked at this number.

They release a 4* about every other week. So you need 60,000 (let's not forget Championining!) in that time: so I said 30,000 a day.

Seems like a lot! But without it, those starting have no hope whatsoever to KEEP EVEN with everyone else, much less ever catch up!
    Yep, I said 30k/day as well.

IMO the ISO flow needs to double. Or perhaps have higher rewards for higher end players somehow.
  • wymtime
    simonsez wrote:
    slidecage wrote:

The issue is this is 2 days out of the week. Thursday is a short day for most people for LR. The issue is the other 5 days a week when you get 4K from DPDQ then another 5K from PVE and PVP. That is also not counting boosts used to shield hop or difficult nodes in PVE.