What's a reasonable Iso flow rate? [Poll]

124»

Comments

• pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted for 50k/day.

This will pretty much guarantee you one 4* champ a week. Given how long it actually takes to max cover one of those characters, making you wait at all to champ them just seems mean.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ugh, wish people would stop bumping up ages old threads. I keep not-realising they're old.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    If you get 30k per day then 14 days gets you 420k, which is enough to keep up with the release rate as far as 4*s go, no matter how hardcore (or not) you are. Once you get into 5* land I suppose you're competing against whales anyway; there's no reason to expect to keep on top of the whole game without spending.

Eventually they'll start amping up the 5* release rate and the 4* game will fade into the background, and 30k per day will stop being fair, but as it stands right now, 30k is doable and is fine.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Ugh, wish people would stop bumping up ages old threads. I keep not-realising they're old.

If only there was some way to auto-lock topics past a certain age.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Voted for 30k previously, but now that I'm in 4* champion mode, I have changed my vote to 50k
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Okay I've changed my mind. I have two Winter Soldier covers running out in 9 and a half days and he's now at 12 covers and I have the 120CP to buy the last cover.

I need 270k ISO in 9-10 days. So as high as you can make it, I'll take it.
  • i think it should depend on where you are at i think we should leave it where it is but give a tiny passive boost to iso gained by what characters are in your roster
    1 star.png base +1 iso, maxed +2 (+ 3 total)
    2 star.png base +2 iso, maxed +3, champed +5 maxed +5(+15 total)
    3 star.png base +5 iso, maxed +10, champed 1% maxed 2% (+15, +3%)
    4 star.png base +1%, maxed +2%, champed +3%, maxed +5% ( total +10%)
    5 star.png base +2.5%, maxed +5.0%, Champed +7.5% maxed +15% + 1 hp (25% + 1 HP per reward)

or something, this is kinda hard to balance
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Voted 20k per day.

This would allow me to level & Champion a 4* before the cover rots (14 days).

If I'm *SUPER* active, I can just barely pull this off (hitting all the LRs I can, DDP, PvE, PVP)... but it's stressful. I finished leveling Punisher (MAX) with less than a day to go.

So I vote 20k... 20k if I'm not "ball busting" my way through every possible option for earning... selling the only 144 2* I have, just to finish in time...

20k at a pace of PVP or PVE (not requiring both)...
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    When I was keeping track of ISO gains, I was getting about 40-50k a day on average without counting shield ranks or flipping max champed 2*. With those included, I had some days in the 85-110k range. I could probably level a 5* from 255-450 before a 14th cover expired without putting money into the game, so I think ISO is at a reasonable flow eventually, but it takes a while to get to that point.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    75 would be nice, and obviously 100K would be nicer........for a 4* roster. I earn about 40K iso per day, between DDQ, PVE Clears/end grinds, and PVP (this includes the SHIELD intercepts). Before intercepts, that number would be maybe 30K. When I was building up my 3-stars still, that was more than enough to be able to champ 2-3 characters before covers expired.

For 4-stars however, I need anywhere between 300-370K to champ these people. That's about a week and half, assuming that the PVE isn't the gauntlet icon_neutral.gif . To be honest, I'm fine with the rate I currently acquire that much ISO - my bigger issue is with the expiring covers. I wouldn't care about my ISO intake at all if I wasn't always racing against the clock. But since I am, I'd rather not have to be freaking out about squeezing every drop of ISO possible out of every day, OR ELSE. It leads to a lot of burnout, and I feel like I want breaks from the game a lot more often. I'd have no problem grinding that much if it could directly equate to that much ISO daily, be worth the price. As of now however, that's why I don't really see the value in Lightning Rounds.
  • Pongie
    edited May 2017
    mexus said:
    Do feel or in numbers see that ISO-8 income has been lower the last couple of months?
    Boss event och that 2x48 hour sub PVE aside, that is.
    I haven't tracked my inflow but it feels like I'm not getting as much as I used to.

I want more. More ISO-8.
    This is where the 2* farm would fill the gap. I just championed my 42nd 4* and the new 3* starlord and now the only covers I have left in queue are 2*. Time to reinvest ISO into the farm
  • Pongie
    The actual ISO lost amount is 7779. However you gain up to 289xp in the process. If you factor in xp at 10-15 iso each and whatever champion levels rewards the 3x 3* covers and the 5x heroics give, it's probably closer to break even.