R92 stunning [Merged Topic] [fix in R93]

13»

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My alliance noticed this before I did.
    I thought at first it was a good feature because I generally want to attack the person *not* stunned, but there were times when that's not the case and I'm used to the old way.

If this is a feature, it's an awkward one that didn't really need implimenting. If it's a bug...well I'll accept it until it's fixed, no biggie =)

As long as they don't do anything like that Minion AP gain animation I'm happy with little quirks.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's very handy when you have multiple Billy Clubs pinging around, as they invariably end up resolving in the same round, so this way they ain't wasted.
    Niche, but I'll take it.
  • Hope it's really just a bug. It's confusing me everytime. icon_eek.gif
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    It works for Billy Club - now no stun is wasted.
    This is at least some positive aspect.

However I agree that the automatic switching makes more confusion than helps. Sometimes it;s handy, but sometimes I notice I'm attacking not the character I wanted to attack.
  • ZommyGD
    ZommyGD Posts: 79 Match Maker
    CT1888 wrote:
    It's very handy when you have multiple Billy Clubs pinging around, as they invariably end up resolving in the same round, so this way they ain't wasted.
    Niche, but I'll take it.
    I ran into another good example of the usefulness of this feature/bug.
    Playing againt seed teams in Lightning Round, my IM35 finally gathered enough AP to fire Freon Beam to kill one enemy. Well it did kill Hawkeye, and THEN STUNNED Doctor Doom! Now those 17AP seems worth it.

Edit: it's Ultra-Freon Beam. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    If it became the new normal, I'm sure we'd all be able to adapt to it eventually. But I'd hate to be a new player using a damage+stun ability and wondering why the character I targeted isn't taking any damage.
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    JVReal wrote:
    Hey all,

We have identified and resolved the issue internally. The fix will be part of the R93 patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Anthony
    Just for clarification, which is the bug and which is the intended feature?

Is the fix going to stop the stunned character from going to the back like pre-R92? Or is it going to allow the character to get stunned, damaged, then moved to the back?

That will help me decide how to feel about the fix.

The functionality that was present pre-R92 has been restored. A hero being moved immediately after being stunned was unintended.

-Anthony
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this should be stickied until r93 is out? We're already starting to see more threads created on this issue.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maybe this should be stickied until r93 is out? We're already starting to see more threads created on this issue.
    Good idea. Done.
  • Omega Red
    Omega Red Posts: 366 Mover and Shaker
    Funny, I thought the change was intentional. As it is right now, it's a buff for Miles and for black suit Spidey. Before the update the AI would stun a character and then fire other powers. If that stunned character was downed then blacksuit would lose invisibility and the previous stun is wasted. Now after update the AI can stun a character and hit the next one, thus ensuring that black suit remains invisible.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Malcrof wrote:
    Hey all,

We have identified and resolved the issue internally. The fix will be part of the R93 patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Anthony

Thanks! you guys rock!

*sigh
  • My problem isn't with stunning but I'm pretty sure it started with the most recent update. When I use Colossus's fast ball special it has not been adding the additional damage once the character that was thrown lands. Now that I have that cover maxed out that's an additional 1600+ damage which helps quite a bit in my fights.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,327 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if it is part of the same bug, but every time the AI has used an All Tied Up team-up, it has stunned two of my characters instead of one. Sadly, I haven't had the chance to test this against actual Spider-man to see if the ability itself is bugged or only the team-up.
  • awef
    awef Posts: 78 Match Maker
    During Mystique essential, was using Mystique, KK, and SW. Enemy team uses "Venom Blast" team-up on SW. SW was stunned, then damage was applied to Mystique(104 hp remaining). Mystique downed. This probably relates to the bug relating to stuns.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is impacting Miles's Red ability too. It stuns, pushes the target to the back and then a different character takes the damage.
    Thankfully, It was the free team (Carnage, Mystique, Ares) this one happened to. Got both minions down, almost enough black to Masterstroke Iron Man, Ares out front. IM fires Ultra Freon Beam, stunning Ares, then applying the (fatal) damage to Mystique. Even with free teams, this kind of **** is frustrating. Had to redo the battle, since attack tiles were killing me faster than him.

Actually have seen this with Life of the Party before the bug. Primary stunned, Deadpool takes the damage.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    In Deadpool's Daily today, Steve Rogers (Third Time's the Charm) was able to throw his shield even when stunned.