R92 stunning [Merged Topic] [fix in R93]

Comments

• Okay, Ive tried todays DDQ with a team of stunners, and I'm now 90% certain this is a bug....

However, I really like it! Visually is looks great when you stun someone and they go flying to the back of the queue. If it wasn't for a few characters broken mechanics with it working this way I'd be tempted to say keep it!
  • Jco
    Jco Posts: 4
    This affects Classic Spider-Man as well. When using his first web to stun an enemy for 1 turn, it now stuns the first enemy for 1 turn, moves him to the back, then stuns the next enemy for 1 turn, and finally rotates him to the back. So you now get to stun 2 enemies for the price of one. Only seems to double on the initial web tile though.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    Yea, this screwed with my DDQ strategy today. I try to go into the 2nd and 4th waves with 30/30 red/blue and throw Cap's first blue shield into a match to stun/damage. It's stunning the target, then hitting the next in line. Not a fan.
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Chiming in. Irritating to have to bring the target back to the front after daredevil stun.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is impacting Miles's Red ability too. It stuns, pushes the target to the back and then a different character takes the damage.
    Does Luke Cage's black (with a countdown out) do the same?
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    This is impacting Miles's Red ability too. It stuns, pushes the target to the back and then a different character takes the damage.

The same for Iron Man 1-star blue ability. He makes the stun and then another character takes the damage.
    I understand if the stun going to back is intended, but if an ability stuns and deals damage to the target in the same amount of time, it should at least wait for him to get the damage and than move in the back...
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Definitely seems like a bug, but a bug that somehow must have taken a lot of work to create. I hope they fix it in R93!
  • Demiurge_Anthony
    Demiurge_Anthony Posts: 156 Tile Toppler
    Hey all,

We have identified and resolved the issue internally. The fix will be part of the R93 patch.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Anthony
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

We have identified and resolved the issue internally. The fix will be part of the R93 patch.

Anthony

Thanks! you guys rock!
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanks - while it can be useful in very limited situations, the vast majority of the time it hurts you more than it helps you. I do not like the bug and was glad to see a fix will be coming. it even swaps out when venom stuns the whole team, so you have to put the one you want to take the attack in the middle, which I'm not used to yet. glad I'm not playing the heroic competitively.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

Anthony

And when can we expect R93? 2 weeks from now?

(if only you tested your patches...)
  • Selvokaz
    Selvokaz Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Is this new or is my game bugged? I noticed earlier today after updating really, that after stunning an opponent that opponent gets moved to the back, that's probably not a big deal but when it happens say as a result of a countdown timer which then collapses the tile and potentially causes a match im worried that the stunned target isn't getting hit by that before they are shuffled to the back, most of my strategies usually focus on stunning the target then whaling on that person until they are dead (i usually stun high priority targets as soon as possible to kill them before they do something I dislike.)

So has this affected anyone else?
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Bugs forum...fixed in R93:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=38285
  • padei_panda
    padei_panda Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Yes - I do have experienced this since the update.

I realized it when I had a pvp battle against 3*Cyclops. My Cage stunned him and he was moved to the back of the queue. I thought he was DEAD as that is when they usually move to the back of the queue. Then before I know it, a Full Power Blast gets fired!
    I was super annoyed as I thought Cyclops was dead, and the enemy fire power was reduced. Luckily I still won as I had KK to heal my tank up again.

If the update did change this stun function, i.e. rotates to char to the back of the queue, can we please have it restored?

Edit: It's been raised already
  • Why are stunned characters being moved to the back automatically? This is a pain in the ****. Change it back.
  • Deadpool369
    Deadpool369 Posts: 53 Match Maker
    It's a bug it'll he fixed next update
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Easily one of the most annoying bugs yet.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey all,

Anthony
    Just for clarification, which is the bug and which is the intended feature?

Is the fix going to stop the stunned character from going to the back like pre-R92? Or is it going to allow the character to get stunned, damaged, then moved to the back?

That will help me decide how to feel about the fix.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 383 Mover and Shaker
    This bug also affects 3* Cyclops if he stuns himself with Full Blast...
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    I don't always attack the stunned character, so I can't say for sure whether it's useful or not, but it's messing me up a bit at the moment because I don't expect it, so I sometimes wind up reflexively attacking the wrong character.