New In-Game Character Survey [Merged Thread]

13»

Comments

• Atlas Axe wrote:
    Well, I had to put in Howard the Duck and Thanos, besides Nightcrawler. Thanos would be an excellent villain 5*.

Nightcrawler! Please please please!!
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Have to admit i looked at that and laughed. Gambit being one of the most requested characters of all time...

Don't know why they bother asking questions like this when they clearly do not listen.

I think we have no chance of seeing Gambit until his movie hits Theaters, and it's a shame really.
  • D4Ni13 wrote:
    Have to admit i looked at that and laughed. Gambit being one of the most requested characters of all time...

Don't know why they bother asking questions like this when they clearly do not listen.

I think we have no chance of seeing Gambit until his movie hits Theaters, and it's a shame really.

I cant say i'm too fussed about Gambit myself, but when i used to read forums months back; all i could ever see was Gambit and Cable etc. I myself would like to see less variants and more characters. Kilgrave would be a good addition with one of his powers being 'Make your opponent use their own moves against them' maybe something similar to colossus where he randomly picks a power. Making HB repulsor punch himself for example would be rather amusing.

One of my friends said about rogue being able to steal other teams powers could be rather fun also, especially with all the advanced power sets we are seeing these days.

I'm more of a villain guy myself so i'd love to see Apocalypse, Thanos (cant see that coming any time soon; if at all)

Ah well, one can dream!
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    New Characters:
    Thunderbolts or Sinister SIx. Seriously you need a new team evil to build PvE events around so it isn't always the same retreads.
    Archangel
    Rogue
    Hank Pym
    Wonderman
    Cloak and Dagger
    Stature
    Kitty Pride

Retreads
    Superior Spiderman
    X Force Psylocke
    Guardians of the Galaxy Venom
    Superior Carnage
    Juggernaught Colossus
    A version of Hawkeye that doesn't suck **** even if it has to be Kate Bishop

My recommendation rating went up.
    From a new player perspective I feel the bridge between completing your 2 stars and having playable 3 stars was too big, but I think championing bridges that by giving guaranteed covers but also character progression while building your 3 star stable.
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 533 Critical Contributor
    There are literally hundreds of great Marvel characters that would be awesome in MPQ. I assume the reason we have such a small selection has to do with weird licensing issues.

That being said, the only variation on an existing character I have any interest in seeing would be a 5* Maestro version of the Hulk.
  • _Ryu_
    _Ryu_ Posts: 149
    I cant say i'm too fussed about Gambit myself, but when i used to read forums months back; all i could ever see was Gambit and Cable etc. I myself would like to see less variants and more characters. Kilgrave would be a good addition with one of his powers being 'Make your opponent use their own moves against them' maybe something similar to colossus where he randomly picks a power. Making HB repulsor punch himself for example would be rather amusing.

One of my friends said about rogue being able to steal other teams powers could be rather fun also, especially with all the advanced power sets we are seeing these days.

I'm more of a villain guy myself so i'd love to see Apocalypse, Thanos (cant see that coming any time soon; if at all)

Ah well, one can dream!

I do think of Killgrave as a evil ProfX version and self harming against the other team sounds very nasty.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I requested 2* and 5* Iron Man, loads of different suits that can be used, 1* Wolverine, 5* Captain America and Thor along with a 4* Human Torch. May as well suggest the ones most likely to get in right?
  • Norrin Radd
    Norrin Radd Posts: 65 Match Maker
    I would just rather see only 1 new character per month, and then spend a little more time fixing some older characters to make them more playable. I get they make the most money off new characters, but trying to get new players to stick around long enough to pay money is difficult when they have 90+ characters to collect and the list keeps growing.
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    I would just rather see only 1 new character per month, and then spend a little more time fixing some older characters to make them more playable. I get they make the most money off new characters, but trying to get new players to stick around long enough to pay money is difficult when they have 90+ characters to collect and the list keeps growing.
    this. my cousin got a smartphone for Christmas and started playing MPQ after he saw me doing it. It was fun giving him a few tips, but those tips eventually devolved into "don't dump ISO into 1* villains (except juggs), don't worry about rostering all the 2*'s."

oh, and "no, moonstone is not worth it just for her art"
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    chamber44 wrote:
    this. my cousin got a smartphone for Christmas and started playing MPQ after he saw me doing it. It was fun giving him a few tips, but those tips eventually devolved into "don't dump ISO into 1* villains (except juggs), don't worry about rostering all the 2*'s, etc."

oh, and "no, moonstone is not worth it just for her art"
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    D4Ni13 wrote:

Ah well, one can dream!

I also mentioned Apocalypse in the Survey. With his Movie coming up, we may have a chance of seeing him. He would deserve a spot in the 5 star ranks.
  • Voted for Jubilee and Cloak & Dagger, maybe someday!
  • prancerosner
    prancerosner Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Nightcrawler
    Moon Knight
    Namor

and some Spidey villains, with Green Goblin at the top of the list

I really appreciate the various Spideys and would like to see more, like Otto the Superior Spider-Man, or Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl, or Spider-Gwen
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    DeNappa wrote:

I'm curious, did anyone enter a suggestion for variants of existing characters? I answered 'Rather not, but if I really *had* to put some names down probably Punisher or Deadpool'.

I suggested a 1* Headpool. It would be awesome and you all know it.