Player survey of 5* pulled from LTs

Comments

• SpaceBearPig
    SpaceBearPig Posts: 83 Match Maker
    Openned 4 tokens one silver surfer one old man logan. MR fantastic and a red hulk. So pretty damn Lucky so far 50%
  • Arctic_One
    Arctic_One Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    4 of 28 LTs
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    still 0.

after this week, it's 0/60.
  • shobi6669
    shobi6669 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    opened in the 110-120 range and have 10 5 star covers, so pretty close to posted odds for me.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/35-40 LT's.

Lots of IW, when I finally max cover her, I'll start getting upset like when I pull a Carnage or another Blue Fury. Carnage is 5/3/5, had to sell my first extra cover for him since I'm nowhere near being able to max level him. My Fury is at 1/5/5 and I've pulled at least 4 Blue covers from LT's all after having him maxed.

The lame characters seem to be the most popular LT pulls, IW, Mr Fantastic, Totally Awesome Hulk. Out of the relatively few max covers I have, you would think I'd get a wider variety... but if I get another Purple Starlord or Purple Antmant or Blue Fury, I'll stop opening them. Throw me a darn HulkBuster or some Prof X, I don't even have the new Carnage yet, give me one of those!

I rostered my Red Silver Surfer that I pulled last week. PVP's been odd. I can still find queues I can beat, but I'm getting hit by bigger rosters than usual, earlier than usual.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    500 days played, still zero.

By comparison, my wife is about 20 days behind me and has 3 (and she's not in a top 100 alliance, so I'm assuming she is gaining less of them)
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    I keep careful records of my 4* and 5* pulls, as well as their sources. Currently 5/94 on Legendary tokens.
  • rdvargas1
    rdvargas1 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    7 out of 53 since i started tracking.

4 OML
    2 SS
    1 Phoenix
  • Tanarus
    Tanarus Posts: 30
    Roughly 30 LTs; ~10 from PVE, ~5 from DPD, ~5 from CP, ~10 3* Champions. I've got a single OML cover.

I'm on Day 655. Like another poster before, I've been slow on the 4* uptake, so I'm not terribly upset -- I've been slowly improving all my 4*s.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I didn't track mine but I was about 0 for 10 I think when there was only one token that cost 25 cp.

After the patch I had 50 cp and 2 tokens banked. Figuring I won't pull a 5 star I opened one of the new 20 cp tokens and out pops Silver Surfer Blue. Figuring "Now I'm screwed" I decided to open the other token I could buy and the two banked tokens.

Mr Fantastic Blue, Jean Grey Phoenix Green, Ant Man Blue.

So I'm pulling 50% 5*'s since the patch. Yay scaling.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    first, I don't track each and every pull. I have no idea how many LTs I've opened, but can guesstimate. I started 5/14 and hesitated to tell anyone my good fortune since the system is so **** to begin with. I'm sure if you're on the unlucky side, you just really don't want to hear about other's good fortunes. however, my numbers have normalized somewhat. I'm going to estimate my total LT numbers around 100-120 and I've pulled a total of 13 5*s. my 5*s will stay at 13 total covers for a very long time. my iso is going to my 3*s first (have about 10 to take from 120/140 to 166) and then to get a core group of 4*s within reach of 270 (probably ~240ish) before I start pulling LTs again. (i.e. will be many months)
  • Shulu
    Shulu Posts: 14
    3/45ish. 2 phoenix 1 SS.
  • Melevorn
    Melevorn Posts: 137 Tile Toppler
    Malenkov wrote:
    Please post:

1. The total number of LTs you've ever opened. Try to determine this number as best as you can.
    2. Enter the total number of 5* covers drawn (count all covers, including redundant covers over 5).
    1. Total LT's opened is approx 220.
    2. Total 5* covers is 8.

Background: Day 462, I've gotten LTs from all DDQs (bar 2 - Flaptain and Ghost Rider), just about every PvE, many PvPs, every Season, Taco vaults, Championing a stack of 3* and 4*, a whole lot from command points, and directly purchased way too many with HP. All have been opened after the draw rate for 5* was bumped up to 10% - I stockpiled a bunch (just under 30, I think) during the first month when the draw rate was just 5%.

5*'s I have: 4x OML, 3x Phoenix, 1x SS. OML is usable (barely) in PvE. Still relying on championed Jeanbuster to regularly get to 1300 in PvP and that's working for now, but will become ever harder as more 5*'s are fielded by other players.

The primary reason I'm still playing is that I've spent sooo much on this game that I'm holding on to hope that it'll become fun, again. Some day.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    11 for 109 after last night.

4 OML (031), 4 SS (112), 3 Jean (300)
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I've opened roughly 140 LT to this point. I have 7 covers for Silver Surfer, 8 covers for Phoenix and 4 covers for OML. I guess I pull about the average. Doesn't seem it though so perhaps I have pulled more than I realize.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    I've opened roughly 140 LT to this point. I have 7 covers for Silver Surfer, 8 covers for Phoenix and 4 covers for OML. I guess I pull about the average.
    19 for 140 is a hell of a lot better than average
  • westnyy2
    My number of tokens may be off though. Looking at others on here I do feel more fortunate but listening to to others in chats and battling umpteen level 400 OML's it's hard not to feel behind the curve.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    westnyy2 wrote:
    My number of tokens may be off though. Looking at others on here I do feel more fortunate but listening to to others in chats and battling umpteen level 400 OML's it's hard not to feel behind the curve.
    Well, you've got to realize that for those of us pulling at 5% over just as many tokens, it's really hard to empathize with someone who feels left behind after pulling at almost 3x that rate.
  • westnyy2
    Well, the post asked for details of pulls. If only players with bad luck posted then the data would be flawed. I'm not complaining about my odds or looking for sympathy although I wish I were a little further along.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Only missed a handful of LT's so far and all I've got to show for it is a 3/0/2 PHX, 1/0/2 OML, and 1/1/1 SS.

Not 5 minutes ago I opened my latest pvp LT, splash screen showed purple, I immediately got excited that I might be able to start using ANY of them for at least trivial stuff..........and it's that damned Spiderman! Back to the coal mines I go.

Thanks, D3.