Yet Another Spidey (POLL)

rastafari7
rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
edited January 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Very disappointed seeing the same characters getting rehashed over and over.
We need more diversity in the rosters in my opinion.
Mostly it´s the same teams you fight in PvP.
So I started the poll to find out what everybody else thinks.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• wirius
    wirius Posts: 667
    I think there is a high demand for a GOOD classic spider man. 1* is bleh, 3* is bleh, and 4* is miles, a newer spiderman the older generation is unfamiliar with. 5* black suit spider man? Awesome. A good carrot to get people to try and whale. D3 makes money, I get to keep playing, everyone wins.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    I am more annoyed that they made him a 5 star. How is his power going to compare to SS or Phoenix? (in the marvel universe, not in game). OML and black suit Spiderman don't compete, and should have been at a lower star level. Oh well. It's a popularity contest anyway.
  • rastafari7
    I would rather see others : Goblin, Sabretooth, Gambit to name a few, think the demand is higher for them than another Spidey.
  • I think this is a push from Marvel to have more Spidey representation in the games.

I also play Future Fight at the moment and the last three characters they added were Miles, Spider-Gwen and Silk.

Seems to be a pattern forming.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    They're paying money for the Marvel license, and Spider-Man is one of the most valuable Marvel assets. To me, the surprise was that there were so few Spideys for so long: one a joke character and the other a borderline unintended joke. Meanwhile three Black Widows?

Don't get me wrong, it's annoying to get so much Spiderverse so quickly. But that's mostly because it's annoying that the characters come so quickly generally.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    rastafari7 wrote:
    I would rather see others : Goblin, Sabretooth, Gambit to name a few, think the demand is higher for them than another Spidey.

The one thing I would say on this, for every Marvel crazy person that plays this game, there's probably 10 like me who have no idea who Sabretooth or Gambit even are.

Your main cinematic characters are who the mainstream public knows, so it's not a really surprise that they focus more on known entities like Wolverine or Spider-Man.
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unless it's Namor, i honestly don't care who the character is.. call it Bob .. as long as the moveset is unique, and worth getting, name/clothes don't matter..
  • BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    I am more annoyed that they made him a 5 star. How is his power going to compare to SS or Phoenix? (in the marvel universe, not in game). OML and black suit Spiderman don't compete, and should have been at a lower star level. Oh well. It's a popularity contest anyway.

Once again: star rankings are NO indication of a character's power and skill level as displayed in the Marvel Comics.

Can someone please sticky this information somewhere? Or announce it whenever we open the app on our devices?
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I picked "wanted another character," but if it had to be another Spiderman, I'm glad it was Black Suit.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 wrote:

The one thing I would say on this, for every Marvel crazy person that plays this game, there's probably 10 like me who have no idea who Sabretooth or Gambit even are.

Your main cinematic characters are who the mainstream public knows, so it's not a really surprise that they focus more on known entities like Wolverine or Spider-Man.

Seriously you don´t know who they are?? All 3 were in the spidey/xmen movies!!
    Think that is the fun for people not knowing who they are, discovering the marvel universe.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2016

It's going to take me a while to let that sink in. Are there really people who don't know occasional Iron Fist villain Sabretooth? icon_e_wink.gif

Also, by that logic we should have War Machine by now.

Once again: star rankings are NO indication of a character's power and skill level as displayed in the Marvel Comics.

Can someone please sticky this information somewhere? Or announce it whenever we open the app on our devices?

That would get very old very fast. Worse still, I don't think it would stop people insisting that higher stars should be higher powered.

[edited as I'd trimmed too much context out of a quote it didn't make sense anymore]
  • BlackSheep101
    BlackSheep101 Posts: 2,025 Chairperson of the Boards
    Malcrof wrote:
    Unless it's Namor, i honestly don't care who the character is.. call it Bob .. as long as the moveset is unique, and worth getting, name/clothes don't matter..
    This plus good artwork sums up my opinion on the matter. I'd like to see how they represent some of the characters I remember from childhood, but that nostalgia lasts about 5 minutes and then I'm back to thinking about how they'll play in the game.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am only disappointed that Black Suit Spidey is a 5* but other that, his Black Suit version has been very requested for the past two years so this shouldn't have been much of a surprise. I think the problem is that the new Spidey is coming so soon after the release of Miles and Venom, plus 2/3* Spidey are the worst characters in the game.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would have been happier with an update to bagman, or even sell various outfits rather than 'new' of the same old characters in each tier.
  • Malcrof wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob,_Agent_of_Hydra
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it makes sense that they want all the iconic characters in the top tiers as well. I fully expect to see a 5* version of Captain America when his 75th anniversary comes up, and 5* Iron Man, Hulk and Thor down the road.

Personally I like black suit Spidey, and considering the versions of him that are already in the game, he was the best candidate for a 5* Spider-Man.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    It's going to take me a while to let that sink in. Are there really people who don't know occasional Iron Fist villain Sabretooth? icon_e_wink.gif
    rastafari7 wrote:
    Think that is the fun for people not knowing who they are, discovering the marvel universe.

"Main Characters"

I know who Goblin is. I know it's incredulous that I wouldn't possibly know some non-essential tier character from a comic series I don't follow, but here we are.

How about a "I never heard of them before MPQ" list:

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Deadpool, Red Hulk, all of the Guardians (before the movie at least), Kamala Khan, Hood, Squirrel Girl, Daken, Sentry, Captain Marvel, Vision, Psylocke, X23, Colossus, Ragnarok, Ares. I think that's all of 'em.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grantosium wrote:
    rastafari7 wrote:

"Main Characters"

I know who Goblin is. I know it's incredulous that I wouldn't possibly know some non-essential tier character from a comic series I don't follow, but here we are.

How about a "I never heard of them before MPQ" list:

Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Deadpool, Red Hulk, all of the Guardians (before the movie at least), Kamala Khan, Hood, Squirrel Girl, Daken, Sentry, Captain Marvel, Vision, Psylocke, X23, Colossus, Ragnarok, Ares. I think that's all of 'em.
    There was a gap in my comic book years, when I started my family to when they got old enough to start interest themselves, so I recognized several, but some I just didn't know.

I understand. I had heard of a few of them, but didn't know much about them until MPQ so I then did research and caught up, but it was definitely MPQ that brought me back into the comic world. The X-Men movies just upset me more than anything... so I was worried about MPQ when I first heard about it.
  • rastafari7
    Der_Lex wrote:
    I think it makes sense that they want all the iconic characters in the top tiers as well. I fully expect to see a 5* version of Captain America when his 75th anniversary comes up, and 5* Iron Man, Hulk and Thor down the road.

Personally I like black suit Spidey, and considering the versions of him that are already in the game, he was the best candidate for a 5* Spider-Man.

I rather see Red Skull, War Machine/Iron Patriot, Abomination, Odin then another Cap,IM,Hulk or Thor variation. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I am the only person who would have rather Spider Gwen in the game over Miles Morales and Black Suit. Maybe she will arrive when the 6* and Elite tokens get launched.