Any chance expiration dates will be lifted?

13»

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then what of IceIX's quote of creating something to reduce if not remove the frustration of selling 4* covers we have too many of?

What of it? Considering the vast majority don't have maxed 4*s kicking around this feature doesn't address it. We're still selling X Force covers because we don't have the ISO to take him to 270, nevermind the rest of the stable.
    The root of this heated argument is that the expiration should be lengthened, if not removed. That was the point. If this is the solution not only to stagnation but also finding a use for 4* covers we were otherwise trashing, then continuing to have a 2 week time limit on the rarest of covers with a "Welp, you'd better get them up to level 270 quick!" ticking clock element doesn't really fit the second intended design.

Exactly. Which is why it doesn't make sense to think that this is a fix to that specific problem when it clearly isn't.

Everyone gets new progression, extra Legendary tokens and extra HP. Everybody wins with this new feature. But it isn't solving a specific 'problem' that wasn't solved before this feature, so they should change the game to solve what isn't really a problem. Random number generator gave you a cover you can't use. It happens, doesn't need fixing.
  • I like the idea of players having the option to put covers in a vault for later use or sell them to gain ISO quicker. adds more to the game to put the decision on the player IMO.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    It seems to me that a Simple solution, which I don't like, would be to give people the option to extend the time period by buying extra time with HP
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    A limited vault with the ability to buy more space is the best idea. It doesnt solve the problem entirely, but still helps people plan. It also opens up a new line of revenue for d3.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    kalex716 wrote:
    A limited vault with the ability to buy more space is the best idea. It doesnt solve the problem entirely, but still helps people plan. It also opens up a new line of revenue for d3.

A vault is a needlessly complicated solution, if they don't want to remove expiry dates then the easiest option would be to just let people use a cover to add a level to that character, it is a boost from the current situation while not quite matching up to what you get with a champion, so a nice compromise.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    What of it? Considering the vast majority don't have maxed 4*s kicking around this feature doesn't address it. We're still selling X Force covers because we don't have the ISO to take him to 270, nevermind the rest of the stable.

Well, either this is the feature they were talking about, in which case it's flawed for that purpose, or it's not that feature and we'd need to know what it will be.
    The point he's trying to make is...to elleviate the issue of duped 4*s, they added a system whereby duplicates are useful. Which is what this is, yeah? But we can't hold onto 4*s long enough to make that dupe useful before they erase themselves. So it doesn't solve that issue.
    Exactly. Which is why it doesn't make sense to think that this is a fix to that specific problem when it clearly isn't.

Everyone gets new progression, extra Legendary tokens and extra HP. Everybody wins with this new feature. But it isn't solving a specific 'problem' that wasn't solved before this feature, so they should change the game to solve what isn't really a problem. Random number generator gave you a cover you can't use. It happens, doesn't need fixing.

In your opinion.
    Clearly the devs though otherwise if they were quoted as saying something was in the works to help with the issue.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards

That's how many 4* covers are sitting in my queue right now waiting to expire. All but one are maxed covered characters that aren't max leveled yet.

Yeah, yeah, I know, first-world problems. But this is a good metric of both the **** luck I have pulling anything usable from legendaries, and that there STILL isn't anything in place that is easing the pain of having **** luck pulling legendaries.
  • Sandwichboy
    Sandwichboy Posts: 193 Tile Toppler
    Just remove the timer for 4 and 5* characters. Or at least make the timer a month. The level of rarity and cost to level them is so significantly higher than the tiers below them that expecting people to be able to take advantage of this new feature in two weeks when a duplicate shows up is unrealistic. And yes, I'm aware that you don't HAVE to be able to champion everyone right away, but there's a world of difference between having to sell some 3* covers because you haven't maxed them and having to sell 4* covers to characters that you've been inching through levels with for months. It's not like in the current market people are going to whale up the iso cost, so they're not going to lose revenue by throwing us a bone here. Let people take their time with grinding up the most expensive characters. There is nothing for them to lose and a whole lot of goodwill to be gained from an already frustrated player base.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:
    So, you introduced a feature that most people like, but it also drained every bit of ISO we have; and a lot of us are still sitting on a bunch of extra covers that will expire before we can get enough ISO to champ any more characters. Is there any chance you'll do away with the expiration dates, so we can better take advantage of this new feature?

The point of expiration dates is to force people to buy roster slots, rather than rotate characters in and out. I get that. But if we already have a 13 cover character, that's clearly not what we're intending to do with those extra covers in our queue. Can you guys please figure out a way to satisfy both your need to make us buy roster slots, and our need to avoid having to sell covers we'd prefer to use, but can't for lack of ISO?

To be honest, the fact that you lose all of your ISO by using covers to rotate characters (and that you are constantly using a loaner for RC events) means that the cover expiration isn't really about forcing people to buy more roster spots or lose the character, it is about "buy roster spots now instead of eventually, because you can't just buy the roster spot once you have 13 covers." I mean, if you are planning to build the character, you are going to spend those HP eventually to get the roster spot.

I remember back when I was buying multiple 40 packs in a single shot. Having too many covers is a nightmare. For those of their customers who buy a ton of covers at once, the cover display page is featureless and a huge pain to scroll through.

If they made a few filter options to the cover screen, it would be the only way to make holding on to a lot of covers a good idea.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    simonsez wrote:

That's how many 4* covers are sitting in my queue right now waiting to expire. All but one are maxed covered characters that aren't max leveled yet.

Yeah, yeah, I know, first-world problems. But this is a good metric of both the **** luck I have pulling anything usable from legendaries, and that there STILL isn't anything in place that is easing the pain of having **** luck pulling legendaries.

I took most of my 4*s to level 260 instead of 270. The last 10 levels just didn't seem worth the exponential increase in ISO cost.

So now of course I'm so close to being able to champion five or six 4*s, but not close enough that I can just drop the ISO at any minute when I get a new 4* cover. I'm thinking I'll need to hold off on using any of the legendary tokens I get in the next few weeks (because they are all going to be 4*s), just so that I have some time to build up enough ISO to level them.

Of course, I could sell my 360K ISO 4* duplicates (Jean Grey and 4Pool) to get 49K Iso each, but that's such a significant investment made into those duplicates for a very low return. Having an extra 100K ISO to spend would help, but when you consider I poured 720K ISO into making those now useless duplicates...
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Having an extra 100K ISO to spend would help, but when you consider I poured 720K ISO into making those now useless duplicates...
    Yeah, I've got a second HB that falls into the category of, "Sure seemed like a good idea at the time... "