Winfinite is Now Changed [Merged PX Change Thread]

13»

Comments

• Phaentom
    Phaentom Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    I championed GSBW(lvl 169 purple is 79) and SW(lvl 170 purple is 79), my Pro-X(5/3/5) is lvl 160(blue is 78). Pro - X still makes purple for me icon_e_smile.gif

I just used it in the last node "Trapped" the one with 3 waves of 134-241 for me and it worked just fine.
  • Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    Its going to take way too many levels to get a 3* up to where old PX max levels used to be. Unless you took PX to very low levels, all your combo are belong to nerf.

However, feel free to replace SW with 4* purple users to keep the combo alive. Jean Grey, Elektra, Star-Lord, or Ant-Man will make dependable substitutes. Yes, you no longer have that automatic burst of purple on the board to quickly get the combo started (many times with an exploding head bonus), but the only mandatory requirement of the combo was to use GSBW and PX with purple as the strongest color.
  • bpcontra wrote:
    Could always trade out PX for Hawkeye....not quite as effective, but it's a poor man's version of it

Well, if you're going to do that you might as well keep PX in there for the Master Plan damage, since it doesn't need a countdown tile to go off.

Winfinite's big advantage was more getting the AP from Master Plan too. Even with the badX it's still pretty good. Just not as infinitely game crushingly good as it was when Master Plan makes purple.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buret0 wrote:
    Its going to take way too many levels to get a 3* up to where old PX max levels used to be. Unless you took PX to very low levels, all your combo are belong to nerf.

However, feel free to replace SW with 4* purple users to keep the combo alive. Jean Grey, Elektra, Star-Lord, or Ant-Man will make dependable substitutes. Yes, you no longer have that automatic burst of purple on the board to quickly get the combo started (many times with an exploding head bonus), but the only mandatory requirement of the combo was to use GSBW and PX with purple as the strongest color.
    Yeah, that'd work, but aside from being slower to get started like you said, it's also harder to keep going because SW green was a very good way to collect 1 or 2 purples to keep it going without having to make any moves. When you get to the opponent levels where 5 green (ares), 5 blue (daken), 6 red/green (juggs) can pretty much put the combo out of commission, the fail rate without using SW is probably going to make PX/GSBW/other too unreliable.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can opt for the old one of Mystique and MNMags. Mystique can at least use the blue to increase chances of a match 5.

IMHB is another option, if you can championing and respect, I recommend going 5/3/5, but that means your PX has to be fully levled, which is the problem we are having.

Another option is Mystique and SW. You get blue from PX, due to SW tile, then feed Mystique who will make purple and black and with possibly residual purple on the board, she has a higher rate of getting a match 5. The worst of this is that you trade Sniper rifle for mystique black, which single target can be better, but you lose the AoE.
  • Buret0
    simonsez wrote:
    Yeah, that'd work, but aside from being slower to get started like you said, it's also harder to keep going because SW green was a very good way to collect 1 or 2 purples to keep it going without having to make any moves. When you get to the opponent levels where 5 green (ares), 5 blue (daken), 6 red/green (juggs) can pretty much put the combo out of commission, the fail rate without using SW is probably going to make PX/GSBW/other too unreliable.

Well, the advantage of subbing in a high level 4* is that the high level 4* is going to be the one tanking purple for you. Usually a maxed 4* can take a hit or two from the likes of the DA.
  • Buret0
    Thankfully, the last time I ever needed this combo was first run Galactus.

I may just finally level my PX up to 270 and transition him into an invisibility tank that spits out a ton of tiles by going 3/5/5 instead. I realize Master Plan is the big draw with PX (the AP generation and damage), but with low health issues, Jean Grey counters, and the new requirement to keep his level low to make the combo work without championing... I'm just thinking he will make for a much more powerful threat as a support character. Once I champion him, I can adjust his Master Plan back up to 5 and use him when he's boosted with other good tile generators (like when SW or IF are boosted, then just have someone who uses blue as an outlet, like HB or Ice.).