Winfinite is Now Changed [Merged PX Change Thread]

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Can I nominate this thread title as the ickiest of all time?

Yeah, what is it that Prof X secretes???
    Ooze? Mucus?

Now I'm curious...
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Can I nominate this thread title as the ickiest of all time?

Almost as bad as one's Thing drooling.
  • bahamut685
    bahamut685 Posts: 210 Tile Toppler
    Eddiemon wrote:
    Mawtful wrote:
    if only there was a way to give Switch extra levels so that she's got higher match damage on Purple.
    Yeah, piece of cake, just pick up an extra 30 or so covers for SWitch or GSBW and problem solved.

icon_rolleyes.gif

Yeah it's only a minimum of like 90 months of DDQ with some covers from tokens and event rewards

Actually OBW vomits out GSBW covers like she's auditioning for The Exorcist.
    AKA - gives out exactly 3, each 2/3 star hero give out one of each color for a specific hero of the next tier.
  • So I read that previously, ProfX @ 220 would work with GSBW/SW @ 166, but to make sure it kept working even when ProfX was feature-boosted, he had to be kept at 140.

What is needed to keep a feature-boosted toon below 165, to keep it working now? Just never level him? I don't think it's a straight 80 levels of boost.
  • bobbyfish
    bobbyfish Posts: 299
    165?! Oh balls, mine's at 166! Ah well, I've never notice it make a massive difference, if it goes well the match is usually over pretty quickly anyway. I'll just have to hope I hit some SW/GSBW covers soon
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    But it is not just that, all match damage has been messed up.

IMHB 255 - Max 83
    XForce 240 - Max 83
    4hor 235 - Max 83
    Cyclops 225 - Max 83
    ProfX 217 - Max 83
    Xpool 210 - Max 83
    RR 190 - Max 81

So now it seems after level around 200 all 4s do the same max match damage ????? **** ?!?!?!?!?
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Level 191 3* gets to 82 highest color damage

EDIT: from 188 to 191 3* max color damage changes from 81 to 82 and so far stays 82 till level 202.
  • woopie
    woopie Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I don't regret building a dupe Prof X now. I had him at 4/1/3 level 70 and used some of my soon to be useless HP stash to buy his last blue.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    So PX needs to be below 166 you say? Hmm...what else was 166.....

I'm gonna go ahead and say GSBW/SW need to be higher level than your PX to take advantage again. If you had PX at 221, the girls need to be 222. (or possibly centered at 221)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm glad I never leveled my 3* past 140. That made me keep my PX at 160. I have championed both GSBW and SW and I should be able to use the combo again. I wouldve been able to use my lvl 70 5/2/2 px dupe, but I decided on championing the 2 3*. My 3rd PX is 2/0/1. Don't think I'll raise any of my PXs anymore.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm very glad I left my Professor X at level 147 even after getting more covers for him. He'll be sitting there indefinitely, I think.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    So PX needs to be below 166 you say? Hmm...what else was 166.....

I'm gonna go ahead and say GSBW/SW need to be higher level than your PX to take advantage again. If you had PX at 221, the girls need to be 222. (or possibly centered at 221)

It appears to be worse than that.

Looks like around 166 is the convergence. PX goes higher, faster, from there.

My Profx is 205.

Looks like GSBW will need to be 240+ to generate pink again, based on boosted 3* match damage in other events right now.

Sigh.
    I'll probably have my second PX covered before I'll see 80 GSBW or SW covers
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    In other news, due to the increased 4* match damage I can now effectively use the team of 4* Cyclops, Red Hulk and Luke Cage with Red being the strongest color. Cyclops' yellow skill will no longer produce more yellow! So win for me.

Edit: I just realized that now I cannot use 4* Cyclops, Red Hulk and Hulk.. strongest color is no longer Green and Red Hulk is tanking over Hulk... ARGHHH HULK SMASH!! icon_mad.gif
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares wrote:
    But it is not just that, all match damage has been messed up.

IMHB 255 - Max 83
    XForce 240 - Max 83
    4hor 235 - Max 83
    Cyclops 225 - Max 83
    ProfX 217 - Max 83
    Xpool 210 - Max 83
    RR 190 - Max 81

So now it seems after level around 200 all 4s do the same max match damage ????? **** ?!?!?!?!?
    How else were they gonna make sure winfinite stays broken for 95% of the people who were using it?
  • Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    I am so glad I pumped JG up to 5/3/5, JG/SW is my new goto for pve (been px/gsbx/sw forever). JG's purple clears the goons countdown tiles, makes a huge difference. Plus, at least for EOTS, R&G's blue makes those AOE's even more deadly.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    So if u champion ur 3* between level 204-208, ur max color damage for purple on either SW or BWGS will be 83 and will be able to tie 220-270 level PX to use winfinite again. lol so go get ur 40 covers for either SW or bwgs. godspeed.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a nerf to Winfinite, not Winifinite like spelled in the title. The combo is broken up, because Professor X's strongest color has been boosted. Outside of the combo, it is a buff to all 4*. 4* match damage is now higher at lower levels. They nerfed Winfinite by buffing match damage at lower levels for 4*.
  • bpcontra
    bpcontra Posts: 176
    Could always trade out PX for Hawkeye....not quite as effective, but it's a poor man's version of it
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I kept PX at 166, putting him in rightmost spot, champed 1 level on GSBW, put her in middle, and works as well as it ever did.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Can't you plug in a blue user like CMags or Iceman to benefit from getting the AP from prof's big head power? Take out one of the ladies and it just takes longer to get the engine started