No more HP for covers

13»

Comments

• amusingfoo1
    amusingfoo1 Posts: 597 Critical Contributor
    Some people have posted some comparisons about HP cost vs CP cost. I'm not a F2P player, but let's assume for the moment that I was F2P.

Here's how the numbers compare for me. I do top-10 PvE almost every time (and am as likely to miss that by doing better as I am to do worse), and regularly do top-50 PvP (again, about as likely to go top-25 as top-100).

So I get roughly 750 HP/week from my PvE scores. Add in 25-50 per day from alliance rewards (I forget which, and can't check it at the moment). We'll be conservative, and say 25. That's 175, so just over 900HP from PvE, with roughly 21 cp. Add to that 150 from my PvP scoring, plus 25-50 from alliance scoring (this one I can check, but it varies more, since I'm in a PvE alliance). Let's say 25, times three PvPs per week. That's 525HP/week, plus 3cp.

So just shy of 1500HP/week total, and 24cp. Less than two weeks worth of HP per cover, exactly five weeks worth of cp. Plus, there's the opportunity cost of not being able to get specific covers via HP while still getting more via Legendary tokens. This is not a small change.

And this does nothing to help with my biggest problem, which is that I need several times as much ISO as I get (and I get a lot).

This will slow down the progression of the whales, but it'll slow down the F2P players as much or more, especially those who can't get those high placements regularly.