AHHHHHHH! You Got Me! [Insane Sale]

Comments

• LeRoy
    LeRoy Posts: 10
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    Any idea how long this is running?

Until Jan 4. That should give me time to locate a stray Android device.

I assume, but don't know for sure, that I can just log-in from the separate device and then go back to my usual platform post purchase/upgrade without screwing anything up. Then again, I shouldn't take anything like that for granted. Anyone have any insight or wisdom on going back and forth between platforms?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I completely missed the Google Pop-Up but then I received 10 +1 CP from my Alliance. I assumed that maybe everyone bought HP before the sale ended then I saw this lovely deal! Hard to resist. I wonder if the game would receive more sales if they lowered the prices (Walmart Volume Selling style - Sell Low, Watch it go!)
  • So, for non-Android users who might want to get into this deal, remember that Android is free and also runs on a lot of stuff!

Bluestacks (http://www.bluestacks.com/) or some other Android VM might be able to run MPQ. If you have an old (or not so old) PC lying around, there's Android-x86 (http://www.android-x86.org/) and Android-IA (https://01.org/android-ia/user-guides/a ... uild-guide). There's even an unstable Cyanogen port for Raspberry Pis (http://androidpi.wikia.com/wiki/Android_Pi_Wiki).

I have no idea if any of that works and all of it (except maybe Bluestacks) would be way too much effort for me to bother with to save $15. But YMMV.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wasn't going to spend anymore on this game either, and then...

Wait, once again nothing for Steam? Nevermind, I'll keep to the no-spend limit!
  • LeRoy
    LeRoy Posts: 10
    After a bit of self-soothing I can return to my senses and realize that a one-time offer of some HP probably isn't going to completely upend the trajectory of the game. A few deep moments of deep breathing can go a long way. Man, this game can really bring out the reactivity...Oh, wait, I've been reading this forum for months now; I think I already knew that.
  • TheRealJRad
    TheRealJRad Posts: 309 Mover and Shaker
    LeRoy wrote:
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    Any idea how long this is running?

Until Jan 4. That should give me time to locate a stray Android device.

I assume, but don't know for sure, that I can just log-in from the separate device and then go back to my usual platform post purchase/upgrade without screwing anything up. Then again, I shouldn't take anything like that for granted. Anyone have any insight or wisdom on going back and forth between platforms?

I play on a Galaxy S5 and an iPad, there aren't really any issues. I'd just suggest doing a quick match and force quitting the app before switching. It's generally unnecessary, but it doesn't hurt to be thorough. You'll have to have your game connected to Facebook, by the way.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    And for the record people, Aplle / iTunes has SEVERAL sales per year.

And iTunes cards are FREQUENTLY on sale and discounted, at different stores.

Google Play / Android has not done something like this in a long, long time.

Give me a break, please. lol
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I for one have spent money every single time there has been a sale and no other time. I'm sure there are a lot more that are the same as me. Maybe the programmers will see an increase of income from back to back sales and start having sales more often.

(yes I realize this was a Google sale but the Christmas sale was just MPQ)
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    edited December 2015
    EDIT: I experienced some kind of "Purchase Failed" issue when buying the special offer, but have just received my missing HP courtesy of a lurking Demiurge/D3 person - thanks, whoever it is reading the forums! Keep doing what you're doing! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • kaelad
    kaelad Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Eichen wrote:
    I for one have spent money every single time there has been a sale and no other time. I'm sure there are a lot more that are the same as me. Maybe the programmers will see an increase of income from back to back sales and start having sales more often.

(yes I realize this was a Google sale but the Christmas sale was just MPQ)

I'm sure it's a balancing act of how often to have the sales. Have too few sales and miss out on a big sales bump, especially with the CP bonus to the alliance as peer pressure. Too frequent and they only make money on sales and run the risk of being pay to win.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    Day 365 and have been free to play all this time. Got my purple dino cover from resupply when my alliance chat pointed out the sale. I'm a iOS user so I had to borrow my wife's android device, install the game and sit through the dreadful tutorial before I can make the purchase. Congratulations D3, you got me to hand over the ~$AUD7. I'll be using the extra HP on my 5th IMHB red (could not afford it before because the rate I earn HP is barely enough for new roster slots).

If this keeps up, I may be more inclined to spend more...
  • i have Android but i play on steam. can I use it too?
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I'm sure it's a balancing act of how often to have the sales.

Whales are going to whale no matter what, the challenge for them is to get the money flowing from the rest of the players and a sale is the best way to make that happen.

Before I found MPQ I played a few other F2P games and every one of them runs sales way more often then this game.

Even an in game sale would be noticed. Think if for a weekend they did 50% roster spots, how many people would spend some cash? How much more often would people buy a needed cover if they had a 25% off covers sale one weekend?

Also remember in the end their sale costs them nothing. It isn't like a store where you have to worry about the profit margin on the sale. (product cost vs sale cost. Not to mention inventory turns, expiration loss, motion, returns, etc...) I'm sure Google/Apple take a little cut from sales but other than that what they are selling is free.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eichen wrote:
    I'm sure it's a balancing act of how often to have the sales.

Whales are going to whale no matter what, the challenge for them is to get the money flowing from the rest of the players and a sale is the best way to make that happen.

Before I found MPQ I played a few other F2P games and every one of them runs sales way more often then this game.

Even an in game sale would be noticed. Think if for a weekend they did 50% roster spots, how many people would spend some cash? How much more often would people buy a needed cover if they had a 25% off covers sale one weekend?

Also remember in the end their sale costs them nothing. It isn't like a store where you have to worry about the profit margin on the sale. (product cost vs sale cost. Not to mention inventory turns, expiration loss, motion, returns, etc...) I'm sure Google/Apple take a little cut from sales but other than that what they are selling is free.

Whales going to whale is the crucial thing for them, make sales too regular and even the whales will adjust their spending and that is something they cannot risk.

What they need to do is start selling roster slots directly rather than just for HP as then they could have regular sales on those which would drag more spending out of those who wouldn't otherwise be spending, they could take a leaf out of MFF and offer cheap one-off deals that are not going to be big enough to be the only option for whales, but would be compelling enough for everyone else who might not otherwise be spending.
  • LeRoy wrote:
    So, a chunk of the player-base, namely I-phone users like myself, don't have access to the only real sale that's ever happened? Essentially, $5 for 4* covers. I can't wait to see the outrage on this. For once I'll be somewhat sympathetic. I have a couple of folks who are just 1 or 2 covers shy of being really useful. The arbitrariness of the platform someone uses to play the game probably shouldn't impact their ability to progress in relation to others.
    The only reasonable complaint here is that adding a new platform is friggin' obnoxious. Seriously, the new preview is excruciatingly long and you have to go through it in order to load your save file through Facebook.

I've done this before on my wife's android phone during a Google-only sale, and was able to skip the prologue. I was also able to skip the prologue when I first started playing because I was told to in order not to spend training a 1*.

That's my only complaint here. (Well, that and the 2+ hours I spent downloading an android emulator on my laptop rather than wait for my wife to get home from work...)
  • jimstarooney
    jimstarooney Posts: 576 Critical Contributor
    Got my final hulkbuster black to finish him off,a great day indeed:)
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man only if Steam had sales icon_e_sad.gif

icon_e_smile.gif
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well.. damn. I hadn't planned to spend $$ on this game ever again, but... When a company does something right, they deserve to be positively reinforced. And the roster slots certainly won't suck.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,401 Chairperson of the Boards
    slidecage wrote:
    Man only if Steam had sales icon_e_sad.gif

icon_e_smile.gif

gvy7yt.jpg

Not meant to imply an MPQ-related sale on Steam is imminent. Seriously, I don't know jack. As I continually prove by posting.

And the Steam Winter Sale is already on. I dropped a dollar. Or two.

i doubt they will have another sale on steam they probally lost too much money last time...

they had the 50 buck HP and 50 Buck ISO for 33 bucks (both of them)

too bad you can never buy it again
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    slidecage wrote:

i doubt they will have another sale on steam they probally lost too much money last time...

they had the 50 buck HP and 50 Buck ISO for 33 bucks (both of them)

too bad you can never buy it again

Steam is a problem for two reasons. First, as you noted, customers cannot buy those packs again. Steam treats them as DLCs, and one time purchases only. Second, steam charges 30% commission, if I remember correctly. That is quite steep, and make it hard for the game publisher to do a repeat on steam sales. icon_neutral.gif