AHHHHHHH! You Got Me! [Insane Sale]

fmftint
fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
I said I wasn't going to spend anymore on this game, then you do this!

QzAhG0j.jpg?1

Mod Edit, clarified title, merged threads

Comments

• CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    1) Before people start wondering why they're not seeing it, this is an Android-only sale, part of Google's slate of year-end special offers in their store.

2) Heck yeah I threw $5 of Google Play credit at that.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    If you use an Android decide, they put up a TRULY good sale, for the first time ever!!!!!!
  • fmftint
    I started another thread on the same subject, so I'll just put this here

QzAhG0j.jpg?1
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    It got a woo-hoo out of me for sure. 2.9 rosters for $5!

640?cb=20140806123327
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    Any idea how long this is running?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Almost caught me until I realized that I just stop and thought 'what the hell can that actually get me to make noticeable change?"

My answer was sadly nothing. Small purchases like this would work better if it had more visible progress than for storage space for characters I won't use for a year and or 1 cover of the penultimate tier of character. If it were useful I'd have spent 20 during the sale icon_e_confused.gif
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Gotta give the publisher credit. 5 bucks for 2.9k hp is pretty awesome deal. Skip a takeout lunch and have 2+ slots. icon_lol.gif
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    It is a great deal. Sadly, it also serves to highlight what an atrocious value the usual prices are.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sold. This is how you should do special offers.
  • Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Sold!! Thank you Google play credits! Sweet digital monies.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    For those that don't know, the Google Rewards app gives you free google play credit for taking surveys.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Almost caught me until I realized that I just stop and thought 'what the hell can that actually get me to make noticeable change?"

My answer was sadly nothing. Small purchases like this would work better if it had more visible progress than for storage space for characters I won't use for a year and or 1 cover of the penultimate tier of character. If it were useful I'd have spent 20 during the sale icon_e_confused.gif

Hey youse guys, look at Mr. "I Got All The Roster Slots I Need Thank You Very Much" over here. He don't need almost three full roster slots for five bucks! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • LeRoy
    LeRoy Posts: 10
    So, a chunk of the player-base, namely I-phone users like myself, don't have access to the only real sale that's ever happened? Essentially, $5 for 4* covers. I can't wait to see the outrage on this. For once I'll be somewhat sympathetic. I have a couple of folks who are just 1 or 2 covers shy of being really useful. The arbitrariness of the platform someone uses to play the game probably shouldn't impact their ability to progress in relation to others.
  • fmftint
    LeRoy wrote:
    So, a chunk of the player-base, namely I-phone users like myself, don't have access to the only real sale that's ever happened? Essentially, $5 for 4* covers. I can't wait to see the outrage on this. For once I'll be somewhat sympathetic. I have a couple of folks who are just 1 or 2 covers shy of being really useful. The arbitrariness of the platform someone uses to play the game probably shouldn't impact their ability to progress in relation to others.
    You dont have access to a single android device?
  • Jam_Adams
    Jam_Adams Posts: 486 Mover and Shaker
    thanks for pointing this out. I wouldn't have noticed otherwise.
  • LeRoy
    LeRoy Posts: 10
    fmftint wrote:
    LeRoy wrote:
    You dont have access to a single android device?

Curse our allegiance to Apple products!
  • LeRoy wrote:

It seems like Google Play is running this sale, and not MPQ. Write to the apple store and tell them to compete with android.
  • Thanks OP for thread, I might have missed this. icon_e_smile.gif
  • LeRoy wrote:

It's a bit different, but there's modestly frequent ways to get iTunes cards for around 20% off whereas these promotions never seem to happen for Google Play (Google Opinion Rewards is nice though). Hard to compare it to a one-time deal like this though.

Before I checked the internet this morning, I was thinking whether I could save some money on future MPQ purchases by buying an ancient model iPhone.
  • and PLS dont forget: this is a ONE TIME ONLY purchase. u can spent 5 bucks ONCE, then its gone.