LT pulls...[Pull Streaks]

124»

Comments

• In the grand history of Things that Are Random, you usually need to cheat in order for something to "feel" random to players.

Like, make it an invisible vault that has one of each cover that refreshes daily, or hard-code it to never give the same character twice in a row.

It'd make it less random, but it'd FEEL more random, at least.
  • hsk808
    hsk808 Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Dwarfsteel wrote:
    hsk808 wrote:
    I bet something along these lines is happening. Probably a random number generator on the client side for tokens and gem drops. I think numbers really are generated randomly, but sometimes the generator gets "stuck", or at least bogged down. I'm sure most long time players have seen weird stuff like when you get a 4 in a row match that clears a vertical line and every single tile that drops in is the same color. I play MPQ on my phone and maybe something running in the background takes up so much cpu momentarily that it interferes with the random number generator and makes it lag?

I don't think that this sort of problem would cause the algorithm to change. At best it would slow down the time it takes to compute the number, but the end result would be the same. Unless one of the variables is time dependent, but then again, I'm not really up to speed on programming.

I think you may be right about the time dependent variable! It could explain the streakiness.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gather 'round children, and I'll tell you a tale of the fickle and troll-like nature of RNGesus...

As mentioned on the last page, I have only opened around a dozen LTs. In that dozen, I have drawn two Phoenix greens, who is my only 5*. I completed the last node in Hand Fortress this morning and got a Blade cover from the EotS token, which I used to Champion him. From the resultant LT I pulled...a Phoenix purple! Holy ****, thought I, this is getting a bit silly now. I'm actively HOPING for 4*s and the game has given me around one 5* for every four LTs.

I then went and beat Quicksilver like a ginger stepchild in the DDQ 5* node, opened the LT and got...an XFW green, the only **** 4* cover I have five of.

Why you gotta be like that RNGesus? icon_cry.gif
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just pulled another XFW green.

*sigh*
  • chamber44
    chamber44 Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    colwag wrote:
    In the grand history of Things that Are Random, you usually need to cheat in order for something to "feel" random to players.

Like, make it an invisible vault that has one of each cover that refreshes daily, or hard-code it to never give the same character twice in a row.

It'd make it less random, but it'd FEEL more random, at least.
    i think most of us would be happy with that compromise. because what's worse than drawing a worthless cover? drawing two identical ones right after.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not exactly complaining, but I've pulled 6 icon_thing.png covers thus week
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Not exactly complaining, but I've pulled 6 icon_thing.png covers thus week
    I find this unsurprising...
    simonsez wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    GF opened 9 LTs last night.
    3 Thing covers, one of each colour.
    Yeah, definitely nothing fishy going on.
    The five Thing covers in my queue think you may be onto something...
  • Bishop
    Bishop Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Maybe there is a hidden que feature that we all can't see for LT's (but we all have the same, like ddq). This week it must be higher odds of pulling Thing. This will also make it appear to be true randomness (sarcasm). Next week it will be IW. <--this could be also random.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled two 5*'s this week! Both SS! Making him 4/0/0 to go alongside my 0/3/0 Phoenix (two covers on OML). Hilarious RNG, hilarious!

Since championing has been introduced, I've champed 12 covers in my four max 4*'s. Tossed lots of 4*'s that weren't maxed, but that's an easy number to look at and know for certain.

In that same time, I've drawn 0 Cyc's, 1 Rhulk, and 1 Iceman. Yeah.....that sounds right.
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    With today's pvp LT I have hit 50 without a 5*, and out of those less than half were 4* I needed...and I only have 15 colors at 5...out of over 80 possible now? 8 Elecktra and 6 Thing out of 50?
    I know, I know, I don't understand random, my feeble human mind can't wrap my head around random vs. unlikely, yada yada yada, the system is broken, period
  • Just pulled the 5* Spider-Man icon_e_sad.gif
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    So, I've pulled 7 5*s out of about 90 tokens to date, with zero out of the last fifteen.

Saved up another 15 (9 latest, 6 classic), and opened them yesterday. Pulled - OML yellow, OML red, SS blue, Phoenix green, and Spider-Man black.

Talk about pull streaks! So that brings me to 12 out of about 105 LTs, now.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I opened 3 token_legendary.png today, all 3
    icon_mrfantastic.png
    blueflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png

Seriously, What the hell?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,610 Chairperson of the Boards
    After 30some misses, I've pulled two 5*s in my last 4 tokens.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    I opened 3 token_legendary.png today, all 3
    icon_mrfantastic.png
    blueflag.pngyellowflag.pngblueflag.png

Seriously, What the hell?
    Your invisible vault is currently full of MrF's
  • Darknes21
    Darknes21 Posts: 321 Mover and Shaker
    Darknes21 wrote:
    Sitting on 3 LT and 50 CP let you know how i do...

Darknes21

Well that was before champing. Here is the results......

1-14-16
    ***Phoenix purple *** first pull
    (15- 4* in a row)
    Carnage green
    X-23 red *
    CHulk green*
    CHulk green*
    SL red *
    Xpool blk*
    Iceman blue
    KP purple *
    Venom yellow*
    Mr F yellow *
    JG (dup) blue *
    RHulk purple
    FalCap blue
    Falcap yellow
    Thorness blue
    1-16-16
    Iceman green
    Iceman blue
    1-17-16
    Xpool red
    1-18-16
    X23 green*
    Mr F black*
    1-19-16
    Miles spidey red*
    1-20-16
    Antman purple
    1-21-16
    Fury blue*

As you can see I'm still pulling dup (two in a row)characters. Was surprised to pull a Phoenix it was the first 5* in months. I guess I'll have to wait another couple of months to get another 5*

( * ) in the list is the covers I needed. Was too lazy to delete all of them for this post.

Darknes21