How does one beat carnage...

Options
13»

Comments

• jigawatt
    jigawatt Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    Options
    i beat him with two level 70s (stormneto) and a cap marvel boosted to 140. I probably roid raged that fight too, match damage, crit damage, blue/purp damage boost. honestly i think it was still just luck, I was able to get my 4-turn stun going, probably through luck, and also luckily all 3 BARELY survived just one of.. whatever attack that is that's killing a lot of us.

I tried him a 2nd time with same roid rage and he obliterated that team and that's when I realized it was luck. now I'm scared for the next two days until he gets the hell off my nodes and the event is over
  • VA5
    VA5 Posts: 66
    Options
    Jean Gray and SW beats them most times. If I can choose a third characture it is thing who places 1900 shields with yellow power if ally is going to be hit.
    SW gives lots of pink which JG can wait on to remove enemy tiles. That's how I do it, works 90% of time.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's a miserable node, almost miserable enough to make someone pass on the event if going only for top 10's.

Once you get 3 stars into the 120 range, 2* storm neto isn't an option, the damage is too high and you're too reliant on the board, if you don't have enough blue or purple at the right times 3 health packs down, Good cheap stuns are kind of absent in 3 star tier (besides like what, spiderman who is barely worth rostering, and requires too much upkeep to be someone you pick up for one singular node)

It's bad. It's not fun. But that doesn't seem unusual for this game sometimes.
    Theres challenging and then there's "hey guys lets put an enemy with one that generates the strongest character on the teams strongest color, and its a move that would only need 2 turns anyway, great idea"

Carnage naturally interacts with these goons in a way thats reasonably powerful especially with the health some of them have at higher levels.

There wasn't much a need to choose a red-feeder, and if they all feed red, throw someone else in, i dunno, moonstone like you guys usually do.
  • Todzilla
    Options
    This node along with the 20 iso debacle is horrendous. I get all the way to the last node with all health packs intact. I beat the node 5 times (7 times total for the sub) and no cp. And since my roster is beat to hell and back going to be real fun going through first run of next sub with no health packs. These nodes wouldn't be so bad if they handed out the freaking awards they advertise. I wonder if a class action suit could be filed to recoup some of our money claiming that we spent said money to achieve prizes that were never awarded and never intended to be awarded. Any lawyers out there?
  • djvkool
    djvkool Posts: 47
    Options
    Gamora's black.

On the first run when she was buffed, it was quicker, but even when she is not buffed, just focus on unleashing her black (would be helpful if the black is maxed and on max level).

First run - IF/Cage/Gamora, all buffed, no problems whatsoever, in fact I got through most clear with only 1 or 2 HP consumed.

Second run - PX/SW/Gamora, no problems, as long as Gamora's black is fired, and if SW gets killed then fire PX's purple to hide him, pretty much guarantee win
  • Peej13
    Peej13 Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Todzilla wrote:
    This node along with the 20 iso debacle is horrendous. I get all the way to the last node with all health packs intact. I beat the node 5 times (7 times total for the sub) and no cp. And since my roster is beat to hell and back going to be real fun going through first run of next sub with no health packs. These nodes wouldn't be so bad if they handed out the freaking awards they advertise. I wonder if a class action suit could be filed to recoup some of our money claiming that we spent said money to achieve prizes that were never awarded and never intended to be awarded. Any lawyers out there?

Not a cause for legal action.
  • rkd80
    rkd80 Posts: 376
    Options
    What I find confusing is at which times does Carnage use red vs goon using red. It appears to be random, but knowing when and how this ability is fired can impact the strategy.

Generally being able to stun him using GT has been my saving grace...but not always the solution.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    rkd80 wrote:
    What I find confusing is at which times does Carnage use red vs goon using red. It appears to be random, but knowing when and how this ability is fired can impact the strategy.

Generally being able to stun him using GT has been my saving grace...but not always the solution.

2 Ap per turn. If Carnage doesn't get red ap from anywhere else and lands at 6ap after the third turn, ai may or may not use the CD. If Carnage lands on 7ap, he will use Scythes. If Carnage makes a 3-way red match or grabs 1 red from a 4-way within the first 3 turns, you are in trouble.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruinate wrote:
    rkd80 wrote:

2 Ap per turn. If Carnage doesn't get red ap from anywhere else and lands at 6ap after the third turn, ai may or may not use the CD. If Carnage lands on 7ap, he will use Scythes. If Carnage makes a 3-way red match or grabs 1 red from a 4-way within the first 3 turns, you are in trouble.

But then I've seen a time where a cascade of red left them with 12 AP. The next turn, the goon made a red CD and I sighed with relief. I don't understand how the AI decides which power to use.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Orion wrote:

But then I've seen a time where a cascade of red left them with 12 AP. The next turn, the goon made a red CD and I sighed with relief. I don't understand how the AI decides which power to use.

Thankfully the AI is also at the mercy of RNGesus.