Venom Bomb Points

Options
pheregas
pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Did they set the legendary progression points ridiculously high again?

Due to the holiday, I've only got 20k with two subs to go (lower than I'd like due to the holiday), but the top in my bracket only has 30k, which is still 35k short.

I know sub 3 has like 4500 for a single clear. So if 15k for that sub leaves 20k to grind out on the last sub. Seems almost doable... For the top 5 only?!?

Comments

• apexpredator85
    apexpredator85 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I'm worried about missing Legendary token as well. Just doesn't seem like enough available points right now. Ranked 32 in event and I think I'm out of reach for LT unless it's ramps up the next 2 subs
  • Gowaderacer
    Gowaderacer Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    More than likely any new pve to come out at this point will have survival nodes in the later subs that will be worth some substantial points. It'll still be a grind but you should get there.
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Options
    I HOPE there won't be survival nodes. Those syms are tough on your team's health. Even worse, if Venom shows up again w/ green or yel ap generators. icon_cry.gif
  • JordonLee
    JordonLee Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Options
    puppychow wrote:
    I HOPE there won't be survival nodes. Those syms are tough on your team's health. Even worse, if Venom shows up again w/ green or yel ap generators. icon_cry.gif

Red ap generators with Moonstone. The devs are so confusing sometimes. Regardless, it doesn't make it easier to hit the LT this time haha.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I felt like I was being trolled by the devs in the third sub. A brand new PVE and who do I face? Why none other than Moonstone and Bullseye.

Seriously?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    I felt like I was being trolled by the devs in the third sub. A brand new PVE and who do I face? Why none other than Moonstone and Bullseye.

Seriously?

Given the choice I would rather face them than that final node with Carnage being fed by red and him in turn reducing the cost of Venom's green.
  • slidecage
    slidecage Posts: 3,222 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    pheregas wrote:
    Did they set the legendary progression points ridiculously high again?

Due to the holiday, I've only got 20k with two subs to go (lower than I'd like due to the holiday), but the top in my bracket only has 30k, which is still 35k short.

I know sub 3 has like 4500 for a single clear. So if 15k for that sub leaves 20k to grind out on the last sub. Seems almost doable... For the top 5 only?!?

someone said if you was not hitting these pts forget about the LT

stage 1 17k
    stage 2 21k
    stage 3 28k

for myself
    STAGE 1 11
    STAGE 2 15 (26 needs 40 K)
    Needs 20 k for stage 3 and 4 what is do able if you keep up the 30%

Stage 1 11
    stage 2 15 (26)
    stage 3 18 (44)
    stage 4 21

should just barely make it.. wait till stage 3 final nod 4 star vemon with 4 star carage... good luck ever winning that
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One clear in sub 3 and I have 40k, and I am top20 in my group. 4600 points each clear in this sub, so I will probably end up around a little north of 55k this sub. Last day, every clear should be around 5 - 5.5k. So doable, but harder than most PvE.

Well, that is my intention but that is counting that the final node scaling doesnt go to high. This Venom+Carnage+Symbiote is crazy hard, Carnage is going to fire his red by turn 4 or 5 no matter what!!!! Even if you match all possible reds, and then Carnage black, and then Venom. I dont know what were devs thinking...
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    Well, that is my intention but that is counting that the final node scaling doesnt go to high. This Venom+Carnage+Symbiote is crazy hard, Carnage is going to fire his red by turn 4 or 5 no matter what!!!! Even if you match all possible reds, and then Carnage black, and then Venom. I dont know what were devs thinking...

After failing this node 3 times I finally found a 3* team that hardly takes a scratch. I won't post the team (even I'm paranoid at this point) but the key to goon feeding abilities is Spider-Man. That's not a secret. Stun Carnage as soon as he has 7 redtile.png AP and the goon will fire his ability. You also stop the rain of attack tiles this way.

You could also try Cap or DD, but here's where Spider-Man's cheap 5 AP stun wins. You only need to stun one turn to prevent a Symbiote Scythes and you get that stun out fast. I've gone from not being able to win to unbeatable.
    No Scythe went off, Lvl 227 icon_carnage.png and icon_venom.png downed.
    image.png

Sorry about the derail...
  • slowej25
    Options
    I beat Venom/Carnage on my first try. Maybe I was lucky. I needed health packs afterwards but still. The boosted characters this week are very strong...

I am also worried about hitting LT though. I missed 2 clears and a full grind already. 25k with 48 hours remaining. Real life gets busy around holidays.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The last node has carnage with two mutations. Luckily Spider-Man was the essential. Taking your advice about stuns, I bought mmag to generate blue and miles to help extend the stuns by creating web tiles. Worked out surprisingly well considering miles is under covered and mmag's red was basically the only damage ability. Not looking forward to the grind.

Edit: regarding the points required to reach legendary token, I hit in during the first clear of the final sub. I have been grinding every sub though (not to 1 but ranging from 30-200). Got a dupe x-23 purple.
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    Polares wrote:

Their thinking is the same as it's been for quite some time now. It's been a long time since they've developed any new game mechanics that are puzzle based challenges that require you to match away potential threats to avoid damage, stuns, etc (Ultron was the last one I can think of). These are the elements that made Puzzle quest games special. Now all of their new gaming mechanics like these symbiotes are designed with resource consumption as their primary function so that players have to spend more HP to buy more health packs per event. These new elements aren't fun. They feel cheap and it's frustrating to gamers to know that they can't control the board to control the enemy's ability to do damage. You have to do whatever it takes to win as fast a possible to limit the damage you take and so no matter how well you do you really don't feel that since of accomplishment that makes playing a game like this rewarding. It's a shame really.
  • LordXberk
    LordXberk Posts: 252 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    The last node has carnage with two mutations. Luckily Spider-Man was the essential. Taking your advice about stuns, I bought mmag to generate blue and miles to help extend the stuns by creating web tiles. Worked out surprisingly well considering miles is under covered and mmag's red was basically the only damage ability. Not looking forward to the grind.

Edit: regarding the points required to reach legendary token, I hit in during the first clear of the final sub. I have been grinding every sub though (not to 1 but ranging from 30-200). Got a dupe x-23 purple.

What rank are you in Venom Bomb? That 65k seems like a big task outside of the t20 unless my bracket is super weak. I'm at 45k pts and 23rd thru 1 clear of the last sub and with only 5.5k per clear, it's gonna be very tough to get the LT. Props to you for your grind, but it seems to me that the Devs are very inconsistent in awarding the LTs. I have done at least 3 clears and some form of final grind on every sub and usually that is more than enough for the LT. Not so here. Just wishing there was some sort of pattern that we could follow.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Bryan Lambert Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    LordXberk wrote:

What rank are you in Venom Bomb? That 65k seems like a big task outside of the t20 unless my bracket is super weak. I'm at 45k pts and 23rd thru 1 clear of the last sub and with only 5.5k per clear, it's gonna be very tough to get the LT. Props to you for your grind, but it seems to me that the Devs are very inconsistent in awarding the LTs. I have done at least 3 clears and some form of final grind on every sub and usually that is more than enough for the LT. Not so here. Just wishing there was some sort of pattern that we could follow.

Yep. Sometimes it's three clears per sub, sometimes it's not. No idea why the devs feel compelled to make things even grinder and more difficult, but they do. I beat my head against that wall for a month, never got an answer.

Three clears plus extra grinding is gonna leave me about 15K short, or almost three full clears of a sub short. Like the Ghost Rider event, there's almost an entire day's worth of extra grinding. Yet with ISO-Brotherhood, three clears per day was plenty, so the fact that it's a new character PvE has nothing to do with it.

If the game wants to keeps moving 4* covers out of my reach, that's it's prerogative. But in the last month or so, I've been feeling like my progress is stalling out. That I'm falling farther behind the pack even though I'm playing as much, and as well, as I ever have. If the new game feature doesn't help that, I'm gonna have to take a long hard look at the hours I spend on MPQ.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same game as always: The points ramp up, so three clears per sub should do it, but if you're antsy, always double-tap the essentials (or your favorite three beatable high-scoring nodes) near the end.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Options
    Same game as always: The points ramp up, so three clears per sub should do it, but if you're antsy, always double-tap the essentials (or your favorite three beatable high-scoring nodes) near the end.

See, you say that like it's true, but it's not. Three clears per on the Ghost Rider didn't do it. I only got the LT there because I had to grind extra to stay in the top 100. Three clears in Venom Bomb won't do it. The points don't ramp up enough. I've done three clears per in Venom Bomb. I even did a little extra early on just because I had the time and health packs and wanted to try for a CP or two. I'm on the last sub. The last sub gives me 5600 points. I have two full clears on the last sub. I will get 11,000 more points.

Three clears per sub so far has given me just over 40,500 points. 40,500 points plus 11,000 points is 51,500 points. The Legendary token is at 65,000 points.

Ergo, not the same game as always, ergo, stop saying it is. Most PvE's give you the LT at 3 clears per sub. Venom Bomb and Ghost Rider weren't even close. Enemy of the State and the PvE that awarded Cho (not the 21 day one, the regular one) were off, but not by as much.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options

See, you say that like it's true, but it's not. Three clears per on the Ghost Rider didn't do it. I only got the LT there because I had to grind extra to stay in the top 100. Three clears in Venom Bomb won't do it. The points don't ramp up enough. I've done three clears per in Venom Bomb. I even did a little extra early on just because I had the time and health packs and wanted to try for a CP or two. I'm on the last sub. The last sub gives me 5600 points. I have two full clears on the last sub. I will get 11,000 more points.

Three clears per sub so far has given me just over 40,500 points. 40,500 points plus 11,000 points is 51,500 points. The Legendary token is at 65,000 points.

Ergo, not the same game as always, ergo, stop saying it is. Most PvE's give you the LT at 3 clears per sub. Venom Bomb and Ghost Rider weren't even close. Enemy of the State and the PvE that awarded Cho (not the 21 day one, the regular one) were off, but not by as much.

I can't speak for the GR event, as I was traveling a lot that weekend and ended up grinding away in a different slice than normal. But for this event I've been doing four clears more or less ( sometimes doing the essentials again instead of that last node). Right now I'm 7.5 k away from the LT reward, after doing two clears in this last node. So one more clear plus some grinding to reach it. I'm at rank 27 overall and at least the top 10 have already crossed 65000.

Maybe because it's a first run event, they just don't know what's "right" yet for it? Maybe it will be adjusted to 3.5 clears again when it returns. Of course it's not like they're beholden to that anyway, no matter how much easier it makes it for us. I haven't found this to be too grinding so far but it has been taxing with back to back events with character releases. May be time for a break after this until the 4* DDQ rotation resets.
  • Bryan Lambert
    Options

Hey, here's an idea. If reaching a goal is important to you, and you aren't certain of what's required to reach it, then—instead of making an assumption and slacking off, only to complain when your assumption turns out to be faulty—try working as hard as you can at it until you can judge the pace and determine whether or not you can slack off.

Work first, slack later, whine never.

Two things. The post I was responding to claimed that three clears was enough. It's not. Saying it's not isn't whining.

Second, I'd much rather make an informed and educated decision about how much of my time and effort a particular reward is worth, and, on a meta level, make that same decision about the entire game. You've made that decision, and you've decided on a level that's higher than mine, and that's fine. That doesn't make you special, or better, or a harder worker, it just means you're a very, very good customer for D3, because whatever targets they set, whatever they ask you to do, you'll do it, and pat yourself on the back when you're done. Kudos to you.
  • The Bob The
    Options

Sorry to touch a nerve because I had intended to be reassuring. I did that minimum for GR, and I got the token. Well, that's not quite true - I'm sure I hit an extra node here and there because that's what I do, but I intentionally didn't do any grinding.

They do seem to be fiddling a bit with progression (I remember people were really spooked by the last EotS), but the minimums do still seem to do it. It's just that the last act tends to be REALLY weighted.
  • The Bob The
    Options
    Ergo, not the same game as always, ergo, stop saying it is.

PgTXYRU.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist. icon_e_wink.gif