Naughty Or Nice Vault [Merged Topic, Good info inside!]

Comments

• Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    The THREE covers of Reed in my vault are ALL black.......please tell me that is his best cover.......please?

It's best in the way Syphilis is better than Hepatitis C or HIV.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    OJSP wrote:
    DAC169 wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My vault has 5 Cyclops in it. I could:
    a) Spend 9,800 HP to probably get 2 or 3 (but we all know it will be 0)
    b) Spend 10,000 HP to buy 4 covers
    c) None of the above
    d) Spend 8,000 HP to pull the entire vault one at a time, getting a Legendary Token, 6 4* covers, 10 Command Points, 3,000 HP back, & 22,000 Iso from selling all the 3* & 2* covers.

I'm rather tempted to do that, but I don't really like any of these 4*s very much.
    The price of single token is only 100 because of the Daily Deal. It becomes 400 after your first buy.. then it becomes 100 again every 24 hours.
    sorry, I've only used HP on roster slots so I thought the "Daily Deal" was just something to convince people they're getting a good deal compared to regular price.
    So now I have zero interest in buying from the vault.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    DAC169 wrote:
    [
    sorry, I've only used HP on roster slots so I thought the "Daily Deal" was just something to convince people they're getting a good deal compared to regular price.
    So now I have zero interest in buying from the vault.

The daily deal is slightly better value for money, because it allows you ONE punt on a big prize.

I have purchased 2 daily packs, and together with the additional tokens, I got 1000 hp and 2*. So I made a profit of 800 HP. I will probably get the daily deals for the remaining days to test my luck on the 4* covers.

So far, all the special events vaults have been better value for money because the vault is smaller with better hp prizes. Since I have spare hp I don't mind trying my luck against it. If I get a 4* cover I need, that is worth 2500, which is a net profit in my eyes.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yay, a vault with a decent range of items, hope we see more of them in the future.

Sadly, my vault came with 4x Mr F and 2x KP so not doing more than the daily deal on it.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I have a question. I'm looking at the math of buying 2 40 packs to buy out the vault, and it looks good, but what happens when you factor in the tokens from the holiday pvp? How do you draw from a vault that's all pulled?

Edit: My initial vault had 2 cyc yellow, 2 cyc blue, and 2 rulk green. I liked it, but I don't need cyc yellow, as he's at 1/3/2. I won 1000 hp from ddq and used that to reset the vault, and it has cyc red, cyc blue, kp purple, rulk red, rulk purple, mf blue.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    So there are 80 items in the vault.

There are seven 4* (if you count the legendary as a 4*), three 1,000hp items, one 10 command points item, 19 3* covers, and 50 2* covers.

There is a daily deal for 40 pulls @ 9,800hp (so you need to buy this twice on two separate days).

Since you get a total 3,000hp in items the effective cost is 17,600hp (40 pulls x 2) - 3,000hp (in awards) = 14,600hp.

So for 14,600hp (which costs 30% less as it is thanks to the hp sale) you get seven 4*, 10 command points, and 14,500 ISO (if you convert all the 3 and 2* covers into ISO).

Said another way, it costs 2086hp per 4* cover plus you get free ISO.

Said another another way, it's 20%-ish HP discount on buying covers + the discount of buying the HP to begin with.

Quick maths update - 2x40 pack is 19,600 not 17,600 (easy mistake - I'm guessing you did 8,800 because your brain tricked you after you saw the last 8). So it's still 16,600 after the 3 HP rewards. 7 specific 4* covers is 17,500. It really comes down to how much of the other prizes you can use, and how much you value a legendary token (chance of 5*) over a specific 4* cover.

Do non-heroic 40-packs come with a free LT or just heroics?

As for what happens when you order a 40-pack in a vault with under 40 rewards left... that's above my paygrade.
  • tanis3303
    tanis3303 Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    3 tokens, 3 star.pngstar.png s for me so far (yes I know that's not many, but damn my luck anyway)...I need every single 4* in my vault, hell even a couple of the 3*s for a respec would be nice...

Purely luck based progression (of which I have none) will be the death of this game for me...I'm apparently already pretty far behind judging by the number of times I get swatted around by OML teams lately
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Guess I was nice this year and my first token got me my 4th icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png

second of course was 250 iso8.png
  • ghostride23
    ghostride23 Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Why does the vault give the illusion that you could stop the wheel on a good prize. The prize is already selected before you even start the wheel. Once you tap the screen it 2 before the the token you want. 80 prizes and I counted till it and it came up every 80 on the dot. I spent some time to memorize where I needed to stop the wheel and got it right when I would of got the legendary and it changed it to a prize to a 2 star that wasn't there before. The sequence had a 4 star Cyclops if had I over shot the count. Spent the 100 token daily to test it out on something and got another 2. What a complete crock and I should of known better.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    Why does the vault give the illusion that you could stop the wheel on a good prize. The prize is already selected before you even start the wheel. Once you tap the screen it 2 before the the token you want. 80 prizes and I counted till it and it came up every 80 on the dot. I spent some time to memorize where I needed to stop the wheel and got it right when I would of got the legendary and it changed it to a prize to a 2 star that wasn't there before. The sequence had a 4 star Cyclops if had I over shot the count. Spent the 100 token daily to test it out on something and got another 2. What a complete crock and I should of known better.

Welcome to the cult of RNGesus.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Played the PVP for a bit, earned two tokens to go with the freebie and got 2* pulls from all of them. Bought the daily deal and got a yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png . Woulda been nice to get that in the three free/earned pulls as I did with Red Hulk on mobile, but y'know, getting a 4* for each account? I'll take it.

I'll probably grab the final two daily deal pulls also (if my math is right) because I'd love to have one of those Magneto blueflag.png covers.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Also, for what it's worth -

If you buy one 40 pack, you have an 88% chance of getting at least one 1K HP reward. 50% chance of two or more, and a 12% chance of all 3.

If you factor out 3 tokens (1 free, 1 pvp, 1 daily/larger pvp/magic), the odds increase to over 89%, 53%, and 13.5%.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Also, for what it's worth -

If you buy one 40 pack, you have an 88% chance of getting at least one 1K HP reward. 50% chance of two or more, and a 12% chance of all 3.

If you factor out 3 tokens (1 free, 1 pvp, 1 daily/larger pvp/magic), the odds increase to over 89%, 53%, and 13.5%.

Magic?
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was beyong lucky. Decided to get a 10-pack since HP is on sale.
    Kingpin black, Cyclops blue, Rulk green and Mr Fantastic black along with a legendary token that gave me a Professor X yellow.

There's only one 4* left in the fault now, exclusing the HP rewards because the first token I got gave me a Rulk purple.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    Played the PVP for a bit, earned two tokens to go with the freebie and got 2* pulls from all of them. Bought the daily deal and got a yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png . Woulda been nice to get that in the three free/earned pulls as I did with Red Hulk on mobile, but y'know, getting a 4* for each account? I'll take it.

I'll probably grab the final two daily deal pulls also (if my math is right) because I'd love to have one of those Magneto blueflag.png covers.

Magneto...2*. RNGesus you troll
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    3 tokens, 3 2*s. Don't wanna spend any hp on the daily deal. icon_e_sad.gif
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2015
    free pull: icon_daredevil.png
    25 points: 1k spideycoin.png
    cool, I'll buy a daily deal
    100 hp pull: star.pngstar.pngicon_magneto.png
    300 points: star.pngstar.pngicon_hawkeye.png
    650 points: star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_falcon.png

Update:
    Daily deal: icon_ares.png
    900 points star.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    OJSP wrote:
    8 tokens (1 freebie, 4 progression, 3 daily deals):
    icon_sentry.pnggreenflag.pngicon_scarletwitch.pnggreenflag.pngicon_kamalakhan.pnggreenflag.png and 5 star.pngstar.png .. so, 2250 iso8.png

I'm positively green with envy.. maybe I'll try another Daily Deal tomorrow

8 tokens, I got 1 cmag blue, 1 patch green, 5 2* and 1000hp!

Which means I earned a profit despite spending 300 Hp on daily tokens.

So you might just get lucky with your next pull!
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    4 tokens, all 2*. Blech.
  • rastafari7
    rastafari7 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    4x 2* and 2x 1000HP icon_e_biggrin.gif