Naughty Or Nice Vault [Merged Topic, Good info inside!]

Comments

• UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    Eddiemon wrote:
    A pox upon this vault with the fury of a thousand undying suns. May the devs all suffer from nasty taint sweat while sitting at the dinner table tomorrow.

So that's what a naughty vault looks like huh? What did you do?

Invade Poland? Create a biological weapon? Country music?

Both kinds - country and western!
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    I have like 4 of the 4* Cyclops. Oddly enough, he's about to expire in my Recruitment Queue........
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    I'm guessing I've got a "nice" vault? My 4 star possibilities are the following:

icon_kingpin.pngblackflag.png
    star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_cyclops.pngredflag.png X2 (one of which I pulled with my gift token)
    icon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png
    icon_redhulk.pngredflag.png
    icon_mrfantastic.pngblueflag.png
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Great looking vault. Shame it only gives 2* rewards. Yay for bullseye and daken. I have no luck with this game and tokens.
  • Ratboy
    Ratboy Posts: 10 Just Dropped In
    Can I trade the 2* Storm I received for a lump of coal? Because the coal would actually be useful to me.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Eddiemon wrote:
    A pox upon this vault with the fury of a thousand undying suns. May the devs all suffer from nasty taint sweat while sitting at the dinner table tomorrow.

So that's what a naughty vault looks like huh? What did you do?

Invade Poland? Create a biological weapon? Country music?

Both kinds - country and western!

We're on a mission from God.
  • So there are 80 items in the vault.

There are seven 4* (if you count the legendary as a 4*), three 1,000hp items, one 10 command points item, 19 3* covers, and 50 2* covers.

There is a daily deal for 40 pulls @ 9,800hp (so you need to buy this twice on two separate days).

Since you get a total 3,000hp in items the effective cost is 17,600hp (40 pulls x 2) - 3,000hp (in awards) = 14,600hp.

So for 14,600hp (which costs 30% less as it is thanks to the hp sale) you get seven 4*, 10 command points, and 14,500 ISO (if you convert all the 3 and 2* covers into ISO).

Said another way, it costs 2086hp per 4* cover plus you get free ISO.

Said another another way, it's 20%-ish HP discount on buying covers + the discount of buying the HP to begin with.
  • TLCstormz
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My vault has 5 Cyclops in it. I could:
    a) Spend 9,800 HP to probably get 2 or 3 (but we all know it will be 0)
    b) Spend 10,000 HP to buy 4 covers
    c) None of the above

NONE OF THE ABOVE!!!!! Lord.....
  • TLCstormz
    And is that a good deal or...........?
  • Arondite
    Arondite Posts: 1,188 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    And is that a good deal or...........?

It is if the 4-stars in your vault are good ones.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    That's a worst case scenario . If you pull more than half the value from the vault in your first 40 it gets even better.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    3 of the 4 characters are ones I skipped DDQ on due to lack of covers.

There's a word for people who are generous with stuff nobody needs anymore...
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Sorry, but I have a couple problems with your math.
    First, it's 100HP for 1 pull. That's by far the best price, as 80 pulls costs only 8,000HP going 1 at a time. Add in the 3 !,000HP rewards that's total 5,000 HP cost. So calling the Legendary Token a 4* puts it at the 700 range for each 4* cover. We can drop that even further if we include the free tokens between the Christmas Gift and progression rewards from the Naughty & Nice PVP.
    Second is the Iso gained from selling all the 2* & 3* covers. 19 3*s at 500 Iso is 9,500 Iso. 50 2*s at 250 Iso is 12,500 Iso. That's a total of 22,000 Iso.

Honestly, if one were to buy the 11,050 HP for $50 there's a good chance they'd be able to buy out the vault twice due to the HP rewards. Extremely tempting, especially since I only have 10 covers between the 4 of them, but I don't really like any of these 4*s very much.
  • DAC169
    DAC169 Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    Moon Roach wrote:
    My vault has 5 Cyclops in it. I could:
    a) Spend 9,800 HP to probably get 2 or 3 (but we all know it will be 0)
    b) Spend 10,000 HP to buy 4 covers
    c) None of the above
    d) Spend 8,000 HP to pull the entire vault one at a time, getting a Legendary Token, 6 4* covers, 10 Command Points, 3,000 HP back, & 22,000 Iso from selling all the 3* & 2* covers.

I'm rather tempted to do that, but I don't really like any of these 4*s very much.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    OJSP wrote:
    DAC169 wrote:
    Sorry, but I have a couple problems with your math.
    First, it's 100HP for 1 pull. That's by far the best price, as 80 pulls costs only 8,000HP going 1 at a time. Add in the 3 !,000HP rewards that's total 5,000 HP cost. So calling the Legendary Token a 4* puts it at the 700 range for each 4* cover. We can drop that even further if we include the free tokens between the Christmas Gift and progression rewards from the Naughty & Nice PVP.
    Second is the Iso gained from selling all the 2* & 3* covers. 19 3*s at 500 Iso is 9,500 Iso. 50 2*s at 250 Iso is 12,500 Iso. That's a total of 22,000 Iso.

Honestly, if one were to buy the 11,050 HP for $50 there's a good chance they'd be able to buy out the vault twice due to the HP rewards. Extremely tempting, especially since I only have 10 covers between the 4 of them, but I don't really like any of these 4*s very much.
    I've replied on the other thread, but I'll reply here too:

The price of single token is only 100 because of the Daily Deal. It becomes 400 after your first buy.. then it becomes 100 again every 24 hours.

Sounds like if you like a bit of a gamble, the best bet might be to get the daily deal every day for the single token and a 40-pack. You clear half with the pack and 10+ with bought/won/gifted tokens. Not a sure thing, but that accounts for close to 3/4 of the vault, and with only one 40-pack.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Are the 4*s random? I have 5 Kingpins and one Red Hulk.
    They are random from the four featured 4*s in the event: Rulk, Kingpin, Cyc, Mr F.

Thanks, this makes me feel a lot better. I've got 3 Mr. F's and thought I was being trolled.

EDIT: That moment when the threads are merged while you're posting and you get the notification that someone else has posted and that someone is you...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bought a 10 pack and pulled 1000 HP and a purple RHulk cover.

So I basically got one needed 4* cover for a good char for 1800 instead of 2500, plus a bit of ISO.

I'll take it.
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    I only have one 4* cover in my vault that I need, and even that is a low priority one (red Rulk).

I'll probably wait till the event is over and take my chances with 1 in 80 pulls.
  • A pox upon this vault with the fury of a thousand undying suns. May the devs all suffer from nasty taint sweat while sitting at the dinner table tomorrow.

4mBhL7S.jpg

Wow. I have 4 Kingpins, 1 Red Hulk and just 1 Mr F in my vault.
    From my freebie token I actually won the legendary token, which I opened to find.... a black Mr fantastic cover.

Shoot me dead right here, right now.
  • TLCstormz
    The THREE covers of Reed in my vault are ALL black.......please tell me that is his best cover.......please?