New things that you've learned from the Simulator

Options
124»

Comments

• I learned that if I play with my lowest levelled characters in the missions that have low levels, then I don't suffer from level scaling as much.

I have level 30 characters I use for the lower levelled missions, for the level 50-90 missions I found that using daken, m.storm and m.widow is usually enough. I actually saw one of my missions as low as 11/12/11 the other day.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Heish wrote:
    I learned that you should take out the invisibility tile asap or Invisible Woman will kill your whole team by herself.
    If she's the only one left and invisible you will not deal any damage.

Easy mode = Hard mode with fewer points per mission. I think every sub easy event scaled to 230 for me.
    I also learned that I shouldn't have leveled my Patch to level 80 to do pvp.
    Should have stayed in the noob brackets to farm covers.

Ummm so how does that work? Your roster is checked for your highest level character? Would be strange, considering my highest is 69 Daken, and I sometimes get matched up with people who have 3x>100 ...
  • over_clocked
    Options
    morgh wrote:
    Heish wrote:
    I learned that you should take out the invisibility tile asap or Invisible Woman will kill your whole team by herself.
    If she's the only one left and invisible you will not deal any damage.

Easy mode = Hard mode with fewer points per mission. I think every sub easy event scaled to 230 for me.
    I also learned that I shouldn't have leveled my Patch to level 80 to do pvp.
    Should have stayed in the noob brackets to farm covers.

Ummm so how does that work? Your roster is checked for your highest level character? Would be strange, considering my highest is 69 Daken, and I sometimes get matched up with people who have 3x>100 ...
    Nope, that's not how levels are calculated. If your bracket is doing well in general, you get higher levels. My highest characters are lvl 85 oBW and lvl 69 Daken, too, seeing 230s almost in every mission starting from round 2 I think.
  • Bag Man, Snarky Remark. There's some fight that had you up against Bag Man and two NPCs. He was increasing my IM40's countdown timers. I realized that could be pretty useful in PVE fights. The third character is usually a throwaway anyway, so might as well use him sometimes. Too bad there's other characters with better uses for yellow. Oh yeah, and too bad I don't want to waste ISO leveling him up just for Snarky Remark, especially when OBW has the same effect and somebody else does too (can't remember who). But anyway, I learned Snarky Remark might be useful someday.
  • I learned that my boosted Hulk never gets angry. Ever.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    dlaw008 wrote:
    I learned that my boosted Hulk never gets angry. Ever.
    Oh man, guess it pays to have a 1-0-1 Hulk sometimes.
  • I learned that my boosted Hulk never gets angry. Ever.
    He should turn into boosted Bruce Banner, really.
  • Dayraven wrote:
    I learned that my boosted Hulk never gets angry. Ever.
    He should turn into boosted Bruce Banner, really.

You know his secret? He is ALWAYS angry.......... ...... Baaaahahhahahaha.
  • Things I've learned in this event:
    1. This event is way too long. 5 days max should be good enough.
    2. I don't think I'll ever grind this much again. The game became a chore instead of fun.
    3. If they scale the enemies in the sub events they should scale the rewards too. 20iso for 230 is depressing.
    4. To achieve the last two progression awards you have to have perfect timing and willing to grind your heart out. They are practically unacheiveable unless you have no life. The devs should make slightly more achievable.
    5. I feel a little burnt out, I'll probably take a little break which is something the devs want to take note. If I feel that way others will too. You'll lose more players in the long run because of the grind.