New things that you've learned from the Simulator

Options

Comments

• optimiza wrote:
    While we can all gripe about the scaling issues, rubber-banding, and other things, I think many of us have learned a lot about some of the characters since the different buffs and locks from the missions have pushed us out of our comfort zones. Here are some of the things that I've played around with and enjoyed:

M Storm OWNS mobs (I think a lot of people already knew this)
    Yelena actually kinda almost doesn't quite entirely suck against mobs either.
    Moonstone's Gravity Warp does some pretty useful things here and there for a decent cost.
    Bullseye is fun as hell on the Desert stage.
    Loki's Illusions is cheesy.
    Daken is badass. Could be a side-effect of him being buffed.
    Maggia Thugs and Spies always need to die first.
    Don't mess with buffed molotovs.

Anyone other thoughts?

Why is bullseye so great on desert stages?

I was wondering the same thing
    Bugpop wrote:
    starsrift wrote:
    I learned that Daken + Storm(either, good arguments for each) is super fun in the Desert. Kinda wanted to bring Thor along for more green tile creation, but he's not buffed...
    And I learned that Moonstone is just as boring as she looks, but her purple skill is pretty okay.

In all seriousness, this is why they need to fix city, lab, latveria environments

I dont follow, why do those environments need fixing?

Most of what i learnt has already been said but i learned that
    Lokis Illusions annoys the hell out of me
    Daken is actually one my favourite characters to use (never saw that coming)
    I really, really, really hate it when the enemy goons steal my AP
    But mainly I learned not to be too horrified at fighting enemies way above my level, sometimes they arent that bad icon_e_biggrin.gif

All in all I really enjoyed the Simulator, picked up a ton of ISO, some really useful covers inc enough to max my Daken, yay!
    I do think it went on a bit too long though, not the main event maybe, but definitely the two rounds, if we had three or even four shorter rounds in that time i think it would have been even more fun.

Oh one more thing, why on earth is Invisible Woman a 4* hero? She certainly seemed to suck every time I fought her lol
  • Pichsterz wrote:
    I learned that DareDevil can break out of stunlock if you activate one of his traps icon_e_sad.gif.
    His traps also activate on the killing blow. Thought he would act like any other character and his ability wouldn't proc anymore when he's dying in the same turn, but they do and he took me down with him.
  • Aside from griping about how scaling has cheated me out of my time money sanity and that elusive psylocke, I learned that obw owns pve, especially if you can hide her behind someone else who uses pink and/or blue and/or black. Stick a m hawk in there to do that, and use his avoid to transfer all damage to a brick like thor/ares/hulk who can take it.
  • The PACman wrote:
    Bugpop wrote:
    starsrift wrote:
    I learned that Daken + Storm(either, good arguments for each) is super fun in the Desert. Kinda wanted to bring Thor along for more green tile creation, but he's not buffed...
    And I learned that Moonstone is just as boring as she looks, but her purple skill is pretty okay.

In all seriousness, this is why they need to fix city, lab, latveria environments

Not sure about the lab environment, but the city and latveria standard environment skills are pretty pitiful:

City - curing 50 health points (in a 5000+ health character, cheers)
    Latveria - laying down strike tiles that do a mighty THREE extra points of damage.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Unfortunately, I found that playing a game all day long means that I get blown by in the past few hours of the round because everyone is score mega points per fight and I'm getting 20-30. I guess that I need to stop playing about 13 hours before the next round ends? Some many things about this game seem counterintuitive.
  • I dont follow, why do those environments need fixing?
    Maybe they could do with scaling by player level or similar. The AP-feeding and denying levels are as effective as the skills in play, the power of the lab's critical match scales with your level too so I don't think it's actually bad, but the city's healing and Latveria's strike tiles are of a fixed value that stop being much help fairly quickly.
  • Unknown
    edited February 2014
    Options
    -The Hood is a good (not great) alternative to (Spidey's) stunlock.

-IM40's yellow at 4 would be much better for me.

Please explain what you mean by the Hood is a good alternative...

Of course the Hood's blue is dependent on the board and the matches the other team has made, but he has the ability to lock down the enemy for free. Sure you don't get away from match damage like you would with stun lock but major damage comes from powers anyway.

Of all the times I played against buffed Spidey the last few days he didn't get a single web tile out. And I've had so many matches against these buffed villains when I notice I haven't seen them fire off any powers. I'll check their ap and they have like 3 green, 4 purple and that's it after 10-20 (total) turns without using anything.
  • locked wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

Maybe 6 critical tiles?
    Yeah, good luck arranging the board so that the highly volatile critical tiles don't get matched away the second they appear.

You only need two of them to stay. It's all situational but the odds are decent when putting six out.
  • That I don't have to sit and grind out every mission anymore, or do both subsets to place well in any brackets. Just being able to play when I want is actually an awesome feeling now.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Kolence wrote:

Maybe 6 critical tiles?
    Yeah, good luck arranging the board so that the highly volatile critical tiles don't get matched away the second they appear.

You only need two of them to stay. It's all situational but the odds are decent when putting six out.
    Oh, I never bothered with learning Bullseye's skills completely, thanks for the insight.
  • I've learned one thing in this event, this game needs serious balance and oh surprise, devs team needs a serious vocabulary update as there's nearly no difference between their easy & hard difficulty as everybody's becoming lvl 230 fastest than i have the time to see that i've got at best 2 heroes at level 85 & nothing more powerful...
    But i'm cheating, i was already aware of this like a lot of people here who can't play this game no more.

I've learned another quite important thing, you can't play this game without Spiderman, as if you let ennemies this powerful play, you're dead, whatever you're doing (apart from divine luck perhaps).

Sad...
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've also learned that magneto is Broken. I look forward to his inevitable nerfing.
  • locked wrote:
    locked wrote:

Oh, I never bothered with learning Bullseye's skills completely, thanks for the insight.

I think bullseye is easier in the forest.
    http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3404#p54010
  • I've also learned that magneto is Broken. I look forward to his inevitable nerfing.

You mean Magnetic Translocation? They added that in R40.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=118

The only adjustment I think they'll make is to the 2AP red.
  • Dayraven wrote:
    the city's healing and Latveria's strike tiles are of a fixed value that stop being much help fairly quickly.
    Long live 3x3-strength strike tiles!

Personally, I'd love to see IceIX provide the stats are for the environment super-abilities. Post-crit-nerf and sans-Storm, I seriously doubt that anyone ever uses them, ever. Even with Storm, I prefer to just use the base ability over and over again.
  • I learned that I'm going to miss buffed Daken/Doctor Doom...some of those fights slow but those buffed strike and attack tiles really stack up quick!
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bugpop wrote:
    I've also learned that magneto is Broken. I look forward to his inevitable nerfing.

Yea that's the one. The ai loves that one. The rest are dealable but that one needs to be 6 at max.
  • Bugpop wrote:

Yea that's the one. The ai loves that one. The rest are dealable but that one needs to be 6 at max.

Right now as long as there is a single red tile, it can achieve as many "swaps with blue tile" as there are blue tiles on the board. I have had this ability since it was out. I've always thought it ought to be limited to red/blue pairs.
    Meaning 6 red, 13 blue. Only 6 swaps. getting 13 swaps ought to be hard, like bullseye 7300 damage hard.
  • That it worth dropping ~10k ISO at cstorm and daken. And how fun the uneven scaling is.
  • I learned that you should take out the invisibility tile asap or Invisible Woman will kill your whole team by herself.
    If she's the only one left and invisible you will not deal any damage.

Easy mode = Hard mode with fewer points per mission. I think every sub easy event scaled to 230 for me.
    I also learned that I shouldn't have leveled my Patch to level 80 to do pvp.
    Should have stayed in the noob brackets to farm covers.