IceIX: Farewell Sweet Forumites

Comments

• madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    Good luck with your future endeavors Ice.

The pink team salutes you!
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:
    I plan to add plenty of red name posts!

wait wait wait is this what they meant when they kept referring to an Elder Game
  • MPQ_Daywalker
    MPQ_Daywalker Posts: 384 Mover and Shaker
    As an infrequent poster but frequent reader of the forums, IceIX/Joe: you will be missed. I've enjoyed your humor and levelheadedness even during the worst of times (*COUGH* 2nd Anniversary *COUGH*). By my understanding being the producer of a mobile game is a completely thankless job -- you have no direct control over anything, and are more of a liaison between the developers and the players/press, and are attacked for pretty much anything you either say or don't say. With that said, I hope you realize how thankful the MPQ forumites are (well, I assume most of us) for you and wish you luck in your future endeavors.

I pray to Cthulhu that the Elder God is kind to the MPQ'ers... at the very least I hope He is more benevolent than RNGesus, who gives Loki a run for his title as the trickster god of MPQ.
  • TheOncomingStorm
    TheOncomingStorm Posts: 489 Mover and Shaker
    edited December 2015
    Well Joe Cool,

I think it's fair to say you've done more than your fair share for the player base, especially for those that play at a high level. I'm sadly certain that is not a void that will be filled in your absence.

Let's be honest. It was that carnage and 2 goons node at the end of that pve grind that did you in. First HailMary then TheUnwiseOne then j2601 (one day Bowgentle) and now you. Except you're supposed to quit the game, not your job.

I'll always remember now matter how bad the situation, you were always positive and kept perspective. We were lucky to have you. I'll also remember how you left without fixing XFW green. I will selectively forget that is DWill's fault, not yours. Every time I use XFW green and cry in disappointment I'll think of you or Karen Gillan. Hmmm....okay probably will think of Karen either way.

I wish the best in all your endeavors. I'm sure all players would agree that this moment should be memorialized by starting a MPQ xmas tradition in your honor. One free OML yellow cover for everyone, but me. I'll take a 4* purple JG.

Seriously, you're the best and I personally owe you a great debt. You (and the rest of Django (and friends)) have really made this game a once in a lifetime experience for me.

Thanks,

Stephen aka The Valeyard

P.S. At least you'll always have your tiny kitty legacy. I don't guess there is a good story behind that selection.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX先輩へ

長い間お疲れ様でした。
    一緒にフォーラムの仕事ができて光栄でした。
    いろいろ大変なこともあったと思いますが、
    先輩がいてくれて、何度も助かりました。
    本当にありがとうございました!

正直に言うと少し寂しいですね。
    先輩はこのフォーラムにとってすごく大きな存在でしたから!
    でもこれからの人生も頑張ってください!
    先輩の健康、幸運そしてますますご発展をお祈りします!

あとMPQで先輩を見かけたらちゃんと挨拶します!ww

では、
    マイクより★fight4thedream゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • Thank you Ice. Good luck!
  • So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • The Bob The
    The Bob The Posts: 743 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for being a steady, straightforward presence. And for the hot dogs.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Thanks for sticking up for us, talking to us, and most importantly, having the common decency to give us a reach-around.
  • AdamMagus
    AdamMagus Posts: 363 Mover and Shaker
    You had a tough and thankless job.

It was a pleasure meeting you at NYCC 2015, I wish you well in your future endeavors.

Be safe and sorry if I ever got on you on some of the dumb decisions Demiurge had made.
  • Thank you so much for everything over the last few years.

It was a blast being your Alliance-buddy in Django. Wishing you all the best in your future endeavors!

Excelsior!
  • Colognoisseur
    Colognoisseur Posts: 806 Critical Contributor
    Voluntary change is a courageous act most will talk about but few actually do. I wish you luck in whatever changes you choose to make.

Thank you for always supporting the MPQ community.
  • Blahahah
    Blahahah Posts: 738 Critical Contributor
    From Ice, from Ice, we Forumites born,
    To Ice we all return.
    Ice, my brother, I've sworn, I've sworn,
    To guard this rest you've earned.
    I'd bare my neck to DavyBang,
    And face Galactus, he.
    Paint Thick as Thieves in crimson rains,
    To bring IceIX back to me.
    Life grabbed him from my forum's grasp,
    To claim him as its prize.
    He was freed from Marvel's clasp,
    The outside life arised.
    Fight on, fight on, IceIX, so brave,
    Old Gods bare steel with you.
    Our lord, our friend, the hero's glaive.
    So forums grows anew,
    Still forums grows anew.
  • Helen keller
    Helen keller Posts: 62 Match Maker
    You were always graceful in a seemingly thankless position, you are appreciated and will be missed...but you got off easy:)
  • Tryke
    Tryke Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    In my short time playing MPQ and on this forum, you've already made a positive impression on me. Best of luck in your future endeavours Ice! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Tannen
    Tannen Posts: 294 Mover and Shaker
    Gonna miss you Ice.

Wish you all the best for the future.

Cheers.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck, mate!
  • Kheiron
    Kheiron Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I don't post a lot, but I've been on the forum for most of the 530+ days I've been playing. You've definitely been a great help as the communicator/occasional sacrificial lamb forced to endure the shame. Shame. Shame! *ding ding ding* walk through a den of angry forumites during some of the (admittedly) frustrating issues that have popped up. But you always handled a thankless job as calm and leveled-headed as possible, even injecting some humor & perspective into situations that sorely needed it. Best of luck wherever you wind up next.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    It was great meeting you at the past 2 NYCCs. Thanks for helping to make a great game and best of luck!
  • Bye IceIX, I don't post often, but I read, and you did everything you could!
    I also really want to know how many people pronounce your name Iceix instead of Ice-9 because I want to know who's read their Vonnegut. icon_e_smile.gif

Good luck in everything you do, you've earned your rest.