IceIX: Farewell Sweet Forumites

Comments

• rubix_qube
    rubix_qube Posts: 69 Match Maker
    Oh great, now we'll NEVER hear from the red letters. Thanks A LOT Ice!!

But seriously, good luck in all your future endeavors.
  • Cthulhu
    Cthulhu ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 410 Site Admin
    I plan to add plenty of red name posts!
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    All the best to you, Ice icon_e_smile.gif
  • itstime1234
    itstime1234 Posts: 369 Mover and Shaker
    IceIX wrote:
    Hey all,

It's been a crazy run with D3 and with MPQ and MtGPQ in particular, but it's time for me to go check out other things in life. Today will be my last day with the company, and obviously with working directly on Marvel/Magic Puzzle Quest.

The great Elder God Cthulhu has been training as my understudy for the last little while, and under his capable tentacles and David's watchful gaze, things should continue much the same as they have been.

Even despite the occasional eruptions of flame threads and forum explosions, this forum has largely been made up of a ton of level headed, intelligent and great people that I've loved to interact with, either through posts or meeting in person at one of the various cons. You all have made working on these games so much more fun and interesting than any of the dozens of boxed products that I've put out over the years.

I'm still planning on playing the game (both of them), so when you see IceIX out there, please don't snipe me. icon_e_smile.gif

Cheers and hotdog.png to all!
    IceIX - Joe Fletcher

Did you quit because you got sandboxed?

JK JK. Please don't ban me.

In all honesty I don't think anyone was able to reply during the crazy flame moments in this forum as well as you could. Your communication abilities and tact in relating to the issues going on were second to none. This forum will definitely miss you.

Best of luck.
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Will our feeble human minds be capable to withstand too many glimpses of an Elder One?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tired of your hands being tied and the direction of the game being dictated to you?
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Pylgrim wrote:
    Cthulhu wrote:

Will our feeble human minds be capable to withstand too many glimpses of an Elder One?

I already long for the sweet embrace death will provide after the exquisite horrors that are ahead of us.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cthulhu wrote:

Cthulu, what's your IGN and what alliance are you in?
  • Lee T
    Lee T Posts: 318
    Good luck and may Cthulhu ftaghn !
  • puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    Ice, I appreciate all your hard work into putting out an entertaining product in MPQ, and your willingness to sit down with your players to discuss issues w/ us as they came up over the years. Best of luck to you!
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Good luck in the next chapter, Joe.
  • Cypr3ss
    Cypr3ss Posts: 155 Tile Toppler
    IceIX wrote:
    I'm still planning on playing the game (both of them), so when you see IceIX out there, please don't snipe me. icon_e_smile.gif

So, assuming you're still going to be active on the forums, will the powers that be simply "de-red" your name, or should we be on the look out for another username... possibly, "Symbol formerly known as IceIX" icon_e_smile.gif

Regards,
    Cypr3ss.
  • Godspeed IceIX. May your troubles be less and your blessings be more. iso8.png
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    You will be sorely missed! Please stay in touch!!
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Good luck in the future, IceIX. With the multitude of games I have played, you have always been the person to which I judged other developers' voices to the playerbase. I appreciate everything you have done and hope Cthulhu can live up to the standards set by you. Hopefully, you find what you are looking for in external ventures and pop back in the forums occasionally. Thanks and take care!
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    Good luck in your future endeavors, Ice!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Best of luck in all your future endeavours.

I know I am one of the most truculant posters but after 12 years doing the same job, last year I ventured on a career change so I understand how you feel.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Guess that explains the silence for a week.

Good luck in your future endevours, dude!
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck Ice, stay cool as you go through that never ending PVE of life and work.

You've been a source of communication between players and devs, like any relationship, with ups and downs. You had the task of balancing your role as a player and that of a producer... Mostly successful too.

It won't be the same around here, you will be missed.

Best wishes IceIX
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX, thank you for all you've done for us.

Good luck wherever the road may take you!