IceIX: Farewell Sweet Forumites

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey all,

It's been a crazy run with D3 and with MPQ and MtGPQ in particular, but it's time for me to go check out other things in life. Today will be my last day with the company, and obviously with working directly on Marvel/Magic Puzzle Quest.

The great Elder God Cthulhu has been training as my understudy for the last little while, and under his capable tentacles and David's watchful gaze, things should continue much the same as they have been.

Even despite the occasional eruptions of flame threads and forum explosions, this forum has largely been made up of a ton of level headed, intelligent and great people that I've loved to interact with, either through posts or meeting in person at one of the various cons. You all have made working on these games so much more fun and interesting than any of the dozens of boxed products that I've put out over the years.

I'm still planning on playing the game (both of them), so when you see IceIX out there, please don't snipe me. icon_e_smile.gif

Cheers and hotdog.png to all!
IceIX - Joe Fletcher

Comments

• CubRob
    CubRob Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Good Luck Ice!
  • David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    We will allow this Quit post to remain for 3 days before moving to Off-Topic.

I KID! I KID!

I wish you great success in all you get up to in the future! THANKS ICE!!!
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck Ice. I really hope you are not resigning because of us crazy players! I am sure your role was very difficult but overall you have always tried your best with improving this game even if at times we disagree with the changes.

Best wishes on your continued success.
  • Now see what you guys have done!

Gonna miss you Joe. Good luck with everything.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
    Good luck Ice. I really hope you are not resigning because of us crazy players! I am sure your role was very difficult but overall you have always tried your best with improving this game even if at times we disagree with the changes.

Best wishes on your continued success.
    Nope, not at all. I meant what I said above. It's just become clear to me that there are other things in life that I need to try, and working in an office on the same games year after year won't do that. Not that I don't *love* the job, just that there's other stuff out there. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Fair winds and following seas.

Thanks for all you've done on the forums and the game. And thank you for putting up with all us crazy (impassioned?), obsessed (dedicated?) and loud (vocal?) fans.

Best of luck to you in all your endeavors.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I can see how you might not want to be developing the same game forever and ever. Good luck in the wide world. You'll be missed here.

And welcome to the new overlord, too! Ia! Ia! MPQ fhtagn!
  • Der_Lex
    Der_Lex Posts: 1,035 Chairperson of the Boards
    Shame to see you go, you've always been a very informative and fun person around here, but I certainly don't blame you for wanting to expand your horizons. Best of luck, and I hope your new road in life will be even better than you're imagining/hoping it will be.
  • LakeStone
    LakeStone Posts: 1,377 Community Moderator
    Good luck and best wishes Joe. We will miss you!
  • SolidQ
    SolidQ Posts: 247 Tile Toppler
    We miss you! Anyway good luck! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Marine8394
    Marine8394 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    Sweet life, destiny, met me on a small trail. Pointing to my feet she smiled into my eyes, and disappeared. When in that moment I beheld so many more paths that lay before me. I chose. And stepped forward. More sunrises than sunsets to you my friend. Excelsior!
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck! I hope you stick around the forums and Line. You've been a great influence to the forums and you will be missed.

And welcome to the Eldergod! He's been a delight so far in my exposure, so hopefully we'll see a splash of that here on the forums soon. icon_e_smile.gif
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Best fishes for the future, Joe! Just remember, when you're driving that Nascar racer, DO NOT nerf the brakes. Just trust me on that. icon_e_smile.gif
  • IceIX, we will definitely miss you here! Thank you for all your help on everything! Good luck and Best Wishes!
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    DaveR4470 wrote:
    Best fishes for the future, Joe! Just remember, when you're driving that Nascar racer, DO NOT nerf the brakes. Just trust me on that. icon_e_smile.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist the reference icon_e_smile.gif:
    tumblr_mzhdbrC6TC1r4gei2o4_400.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good luck IceIX. You have done a great job being engaged on the forums and being willing to answer questions on the game.
    You will be missed.
  • LordWill
    LordWill Posts: 341
    Good luck to you and thank you for all the hard work you have done!
  • Pylgrim
    Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
    You'll be missed IceIX, C'thulhu will have big shoes to fill with its many writhing pseudopods. May every move you make in life from now on cascade on a 5-match (unless your opponent is Jean Gray, that is.)
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    thanks for the communication and interaction with us ice. good luck wherever you land and God bless.
    txm
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Iceix, despite having a difficult time dealing with us demanding lot,you have always been polite and fair in your communications with us.

I am really really impressed with the level of restraint and maturity in handling us. Kudos!

All the best to your future endeavours!