*Venom* Update

123457»

Comments

• puppychow
    puppychow Posts: 1,453
    DayvBang wrote:
    Man, it's a good thing that there isn't, like, a 3-star character in this game that can take out entire teams of 4 or 5 star characters all in one go by following some certain specific conditions. I mean, that would entirely break the game and should be immediately nerfed, right?
    There's an inherent limiting factor to the Deadpool Points though. It takes several days to earn enough points to fire a full-bore Whale Cannon. Sure, you can save them up and use them repeatedly in an ultra-hard event like the final levels of The Gauntlet, but it's not a sustainable strategy for day-to-day use.

As a hoarder, I have 550k Deadpool Money saved up. But I would rather save the "full" whale for some hard to beat events w/ new characters like the original AvU. If you use Deadpool in the ddq, you can kill 2 birds with one stone. icon_cool.gif
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    puppychow wrote:
    If you use Deadpool in the ddq, you can kill 2 birds with one stone. icon_cool.gif
    693K here. tip - DP/SW in 'dat required character' every day does the trick. no matter who the req'd is. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Most people seem to be overlooking the cheapest way to get web tiles: the other player! Since web tiles have no owner, you could wait for the opponent to produce them for you, then let Venom chow down. This was always possible, but with Miles, it seems likely he (or his teammates) would be a regular item on the menu. Maybe the devs were worried people would see Miles on an opposing roster and immediately send in Venom to devastating effect?

But there is also one extra special case: The Miles PVP event. Not only will he be producing web tiles for your team, but the AI Miles would happily lend a hand. Getting 12 black AP might be harder than the web tiles in this case. Everything would be turned upside down. 5*'s would be getting eaten left and right. For one PVP event the natural order would be out of balance. Thinking about it, I kind of wish the Dev's had held off on the change until after the PVP, just so we could have three days of madness before going back to the usual routine...
  • Uninspired wrote:
    Most people seem to be overlooking the cheapest way to get web tiles: the other player! Since web tiles have no owner, you could wait for the opponent to produce them for you, then let Venom chow down. This was always possible, but with Miles, it seems likely he (or his teammates) would be a regular item on the menu. Maybe the devs were worried people would see Miles on an opposing roster and immediately send in Venom to devastating effect?

But there is also one extra special case: The Miles PVP event. Not only will he be producing web tiles for your team, but the AI Miles would happily lend a hand. Getting 12 black AP might be harder than the web tiles in this case. Everything would be turned upside down. 5*'s would be getting eaten left and right. For one PVP event the natural order would be out of balance. Thinking about it, I kind of wish the Dev's had held off on the change until after the PVP, just so we could have three days of madness before going back to the usual routine...
    That actually sounds like a lot of fun for a single event.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Uninspired wrote:

Would dogs and cats be living together? Would hamburgers eat people?