Miles

Comments

• AtlasAxe
    AtlasAxe Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    To be fair, they haven't even confirmed Miles yet in the first precis. We're almost certainly getting back to back releases, over Christmas, with the playerbase rage still flaring over the exploits... I'd hate to be the devs at this point.
    I'm... not sure what you mean? They only revealed one preview and they're definiately Miles' abilities.

I just meant that while it's definitely Miles, we still haven't received confirmation. The forums are clearly not a priority.

No need for them to confirm anything. Just look at the placement rewards for ISO-8 Brotherhood. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • As people said alredy
    Miles and Peter are together in the all new all different marvel; they were alredy since the crossover between both 616 and ultimate universes AND on secret wars. Galactus has been always there, and hes there again now and appears in the very first Ultimates issue. Even before that he was in the 616 universe, which is the one where the uncanny cyke was along the teen xmen (all new xmen).

Because Cho-Hulk exists only now in the all new all different marvel they used THIS story background for him, obvuously, and at this time Banner isnt the Hulk anymore. We now have old man Logan in the all new all different marvel with the xmen, and in this universe (which mostly came from the 616 universe) Wolverine is dead, so he did not existed at the same time the other wolverine with those xmen (from 616).
    Wew, I think I covered a good part of it.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    morph3us wrote:
    I'm going to be optimistic
    Yep, just like how next time Lucy is definitely gonna let Charlie Brown kick the football...
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    morph3us wrote:
    I'm going to be optimistic
    Yep, just like how next time Lucy is definitely gonna let Charlie Brown kick the football...

hKVKdZR.jpg
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got 16:00-0:00 shifts next week. I also have christmas to worry about.

So even if I do go for this I won't be able to grind nearly enough to get top 100 by the end, nor do I really want to for a whole week.
    So instead I'm actually going to give something else a shot. I'm going to leap into the event in the last half hour of a slice and see how I do. Might get lucky and enter a fresh bracket. Did that as a laugh when Gamora was up for grabs and completed 1 node and finished in 130th place.

But grinding the whole week? I'm still recovering my HP reserves from GR and Cho. I'm not in a hurry to get yet another 4* that I won't be able to cover worth a damn.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cascad wrote:
    Sometimes I need to check the new character, because when I saw them first time the fisrt question in my head "Who the hell is he?". Black Spider-man (or black skin or afroamerican) it is something new... Why we need 4th spiderman? Did the spiderman bite this guy and he became spider-man also?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Miles+Morales
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:
    No one is going to mention the **** over the fact that Miles Morales (Spider-Man) can be played with Peter Parker's Spider-Man (Classic, etc.)... but Amadeus Cho as The Hulk (Totally Awesome) cannot be used with Bruce Banner's The Hulk (Indestructible)?

Because Miles and Parker exist together in the comics while the two Hulks don't at this time. Read the new Hulk comic to find out why.

Except that Peter Parker is either dead or permanently retired (at least, according to Wikipedia). Unless you want to argue that Peter is alive in an alternate universe from Miles. In which case, Old Man Logan should be playable with the other Wolverines since he's from an alternate universe from them, too.

Difference is that 616 Peter has worked with Miles a couple of times already, in the Galactus Hunger event, in Spiderverse and in I think a short Spider-Man crossover.

And after Battleworld Miles is stranded in regular 616 universe with Peter. I don't know if miles old universe was restored.

I wonder if superior would be allowed work with regular. Given the mjolnir rule 'it's the same body so no', but in Spiderverse they coexisted due to web of life shenanigans so who knows.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cascad wrote:
    Sometimes I need to check the new character, because when I saw them first time the fisrt question in my head "Who the hell is he?". Black Spider-man (or black skin or afroamerican) it is something new... Why we need 4th spiderman? Did the spiderman bite this guy and he became spider-man also?

Miles is a fun character to read but his origin is terrible. They could have done blood transfusion or magic or being possessed by venom altering his chemistry or a multitude of things.

Please be kind and use spoiler tags if you wish to discuss significant plot points:
    But no, the labs that created the spider that created Spider-Man were trying to recreate that experiment and lost THAT spider too. There were so many ways they could have passed on the legacy, and that's what they settled on.
  • Cartz
    Cartz Posts: 73 Match Maker
    Brilliant. Due to my time zone i have slice 1 which finishes 11pm christmas eve, which is when the in laws do Christmas. The other 4 on Christmas day. So no chance for me. I guess thats my fault for having a family.

Whats the bet they release another 4* for new years with miles being essential.dor that.
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bonjour mes amis!

Just wanted to ask that you if you wish to discuss significant plot points or developments in a character's history to please be kind and use the spoiler tag function (or if you want to be really lazy about it at least include a spoiler warning in the thread title). This is not a rule, just a courtesy.

Especially with newer characters like Miles, Daken, Amadeus Cho and X-23, many users may not be familiar with their stories.

Thanks!

Your friendly neighborhood fight4thedream゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v
  • well, won't be able to grind 7 days, but I'll aim for legendary and hope that enough people don't bother. such annoying timing, 7 days, xmas, and another weekend release? Is this another 'you're not supposed to win' scenario? A new year break from the game is sounding tempting
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    morph3us wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Just wait when they immediatly release the next new character directly following in the "new" event

I'm going to be optimistic, and hope that it's a new story featuring Miles as the essential, without a new character on top (since they haven't released a second precis).

To be fair, they haven't even confirmed Miles yet in the first precis. We're almost certainly getting back to back releases, over Christmas, with the playerbase rage still flaring over the exploits... I'd hate to be the devs at this point.
    dont think thats a big deal over there.
    the rage will die down soon, and now there is a new character to whale!
    go, go, go, go! over there! its a new spiderman! only 7 more days, grinding 4 hours a day and you can call a shiny 1/1/1 your own!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Bonjour mes amis!

Just wanted to ask that you if you wish to discuss significant plot points or developments in a character's history to please be kind and use the spoiler tag function (or if you want to be really lazy about it at least include a spoiler warning in the thread title). This is not a rule, just a courtesy.

Especially with newer characters like Miles, Daken, Amadeus Cho and X-23, many users may not be familiar with their stories.

Thanks!

Good policy just curious on what the cutoff is? Cho and X-23 have been around about a decade or is it just newer developments with said characters?
  • fight4thedream
    fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    Bonjour mes amis!

Thanks!

Good policy just curious on what the cutoff is? Cho and X-23 have been around about a decade or is it just newer developments with said characters?

No real cut off, we will leave it up to your discretion. Obviously, new events and developments like the end of Secret Wars should have spoiler tags or warnings but after that it is impossible to know what everyone has read so a lot of leeway will be given in that regard. If you see something that you feel is a spoiler, just report it or contact a mod and we will take care of it.

Again this is just a courtesy thing, so no need to sweat over it. Just something to keep in mind.
    icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    Difference is that 616 Peter has worked with Miles a couple of times already, in the Galactus Hunger event, in Spiderverse and in I think a short Spider-Man crossover.

And after Battleworld Miles is stranded in regular 616 universe with Peter. I don't know if miles old universe was restored.

I wonder if superior would be allowed work with regular. Given the mjolnir rule 'it's the same body so no', but in Spiderverse they coexisted due to web of life shenanigans so who knows.
    As far as I can tell
    Miles now is from the "standard" universe with the 616 guys. Haven't read the Web warriors yet so I could be wrong but I don't even think they made the multiverse again, I'd say its only one for now.

Maybe the contest of Champions title indicates multiverse is still up but could be a parallel story.

If anyone is really interested in reading the same group which made the podcast with Ice, the 4 Guys and a Comic, run a huge group of comic rooms on Line, there's about 1000 people I'm aware plus whoever doesn't joins the rooms.
  • ok, here's my dilemma: I know there will be at least 1 day, probably 2, where I won't be able to grind. It's xmas, evening plans happen. BUT, I will be able to pretty much optimally grind day 1 if I start at 10pm tonight (slice 3 uk)

So, is it better to join from the start, hit day 1 hard, risk getting a death slice, and end up with a possibly low ranking but a guaranteed LT, OR, wait for it to fill, join tomorrow, and still probably get legendary, but lose out on a good day of optimum play.

From the Cho event it looks like S3 vet filled before the first sub was over, but I also got burnt and joined the wrong slice 3 last time. decisions, decisions.

Can anyone that played 7 day from the start for Cho comment on how crazy the grinding was?
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:

Can you please please stop with the weekend releases. Especially ones that stretch into Christmas Eve?

What about players who prefer weekend events since they are working during the week? Oh yea *you* prefer weekday events...gotcha!
  • Daiches wrote:

Can you please please stop with the weekend releases. Especially ones that stretch into Christmas Eve?

What about players who prefer weekend events since they are working during the week? Oh yea *you* prefer weekday events...gotcha!

to be fair though, new releases have been at weekends for as long as I remember, the odd weekday release would be nice
  • OJSP wrote:
    bobbyfish wrote:
    Can anyone that played 7 day from the start for Cho comment on how crazy the grinding was?
    I was in that shard and it was crazy. But, to answer your main question: it depends on what we want to get out of the events. How many covers do you intend to win?

A couple I guess. I would think T10 is out of the question for me on this one. I still don't know how I managed it on X23 despite joining from the start and missing a grind. 2 covers and one from the alliance and I'd be pretty happy
  • Malcrof
    Malcrof Posts: 5,971 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have a feeling the forum may have moved up the release, with the outcry over a release on a holiday weekend.. the new PVE may not be a release event at all, but a story with the new character, possibly featuring the next one, but not awarding it until Sim? This would make the most sense, both story-wise, and game wise.