Miles

Daiches
Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2015 in MPQ General Discussion
Thanks for launching Miles unannounced in weeklong ISO 8 instead of new event, over Star Wars release weekend into Christmas Eve. First 4* I will not be able to compete for t10.

Can you please please stop with the weekend releases. Especially ones that stretch into Christmas Eve?

Comments

• smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I echo this also. Maybe they should put more resources into fixing the multitude of problems the game has before releasing another character. It's not constantly competing for characters when I can't even cover my existing 4 stars at a decent level.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    At least the Legendary isn't at 100k
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    No one is going to mention the **** over the fact that Miles Morales (Spider-Man) can be played with Peter Parker's Spider-Man (Classic, etc.)... but Amadeus Cho as The Hulk (Totally Awesome) cannot be used with Bruce Banner's The Hulk (Indestructible)?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:
    No one is going to mention the **** over the fact that Miles Morales (Spider-Man) can be played with Peter Parker's Spider-Man (Classic, etc.)... but Amadeus Cho as The Hulk (Totally Awesome) cannot be used with Bruce Banner's The Hulk (Indestructible)?

Because Miles and Parker exist together in the comics while the two Hulks don't at this time. Read the new Hulk comic to find out why.
  • Cascad
    Cascad Posts: 38 Just Dropped In
    Sometimes I need to check the new character, because when I saw them first time the fisrt question in my head "Who the hell is he?". Black Spider-man (or black skin or afroamerican) it is something new... Why we need 4th spiderman? Did the spiderman bite this guy and he became spider-man also?
  • I think they need to hold off 4* releases for a bit and work more on the new features they have planned so we can actually keep up with the influx of new characters.

I'm almost at day 400 and my 3* roster isn't even complete yet. Which is partly my fault. If I put more time into pvps and high pve rankings id be closer.
  • Cascad wrote:
    Sometimes I need to check the new character, because when I saw them first time the fisrt question in my head "Who the hell is he?". Black Spider-man (or black skin or afroamerican) it is something new... Why we need 4th spiderman? Did the spiderman bite this guy and he became spider-man also?
    He's not new, he's been around for a few years already. If you wanna see how he became spider man, check out the comics, they're fantastic.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just wait when they immediatly release the next new character directly following in the "new" event
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    fmftint wrote:
    Just wait when they immediatly release the next new character directly following in the "new" event

I'm going to be optimistic, and hope that it's a new story featuring Miles as the essential, without a new character on top (since they haven't released a second precis).
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    morph3us wrote:
    fmftint wrote:

I'm going to be optimistic, and hope that it's a new story featuring Miles as the essential, without a new character on top (since they haven't released a second precis).

To be fair, they haven't even confirmed Miles yet in the first precis. We're almost certainly getting back to back releases, over Christmas, with the playerbase rage still flaring over the exploits... I'd hate to be the devs at this point.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Cymmina wrote:

Because Miles and Parker exist together in the comics while the two Hulks don't at this time. Read the new Hulk comic to find out why.

That sure didn't apply to cyclops for galactus though
  • To be fair, they haven't even confirmed Miles yet in the first precis. We're almost certainly getting back to back releases, over Christmas, with the playerbase rage still flaring over the exploits... I'd hate to be the devs at this point.
    I'm... not sure what you mean? They only revealed one preview and they're definiately Miles' abilities.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well, somehow the staff needs to get that new Lexus under the Christmas tree.

Corporate greed at its finest.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I understand that the very notion will cause twitching and seizures, but there's nothing that says you have to earn him.

I'd venture to guess the easiest way to stop this holiday nonsense is for their participation to plummet.
  • Cymmina
    Cymmina Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    Cymmina wrote:

Except that Peter Parker is either dead or permanently retired (at least, according to Wikipedia). Unless you want to argue that Peter is alive in an alternate universe from Miles. In which case, Old Man Logan should be playable with the other Wolverines since he's from an alternate universe from them, too.
  • NickHewitt12
    NickHewitt12 Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    To be fair, they haven't even confirmed Miles yet in the first precis. We're almost certainly getting back to back releases, over Christmas, with the playerbase rage still flaring over the exploits... I'd hate to be the devs at this point.
    I'm... not sure what you mean? They only revealed one preview and they're definiately Miles' abilities.

I just meant that while it's definitely Miles, we still haven't received confirmation. The forums are clearly not a priority.
  • Ram51
    Ram51 Posts: 117
    edited December 2015
    Cymmina wrote:
    Cymmina wrote:

Except that Peter Parker is either dead or permanently retired (at least, according to Wikipedia). Unless you want to argue that Peter is alive in an alternate universe from Miles. In which case, Old Man Logan should be playable with the other Wolverines since he's from an alternate universe from them, too.

Please be kind and use spoiler tags for significant plot reveals:

That Peter parker you mention is "dead" only in the Ultimate universe, which is different from the normal Marvel comics universe. He came back to life and he and Miles kicked the Ultimate Green Goblin's **** in an awesome teamup. And they are both in the same universe in the new Marvel continuity.

Edited my previous post because i initially forgot that arc in Ultimate Spiderman.
  • Please be kind and use spoiler tags for significant plot reveals or questions regarding such information:
    wait but didn't he come back to life in the ultimate universe anyway

or did they re-kill him
  • Cabol
    Cabol Posts: 184 Tile Toppler

I just meant that while it's definitely Miles, we still haven't received confirmation. The forums are clearly not a priority.

There is confirmation in game dude. He's the reward for ISO-8 Brotherhood.
  • Avarice13 wrote:
    I think they need to hold off 4* releases for a bit and work more on the new features they have planned so we can actually keep up with the influx of new characters.

I'm almost at day 400 and my 3* roster isn't even complete yet. Which is partly my fault. If I put more time into pvps and high pve rankings id be closer.

Even when discussing the hypothetical situation of putting in live PVP into the mobile version, Ice was all "If we put in every resource we had into making this, and only released barebones no new feature new characters, it'd still take us multiple years to do it."

Note how even in the hypothetical "We put all our effort into one new feature" scenario, they still have to release new characters.

Two new characters a month is not changing anytime soon.