R90 Error: Looking for resources to download

Comments

• David [Hi-Fi] Moore
    David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
    Thanks for the reports everyone. Demiurge are aware of the issue and are looking into this.

We don't have any further info to provide yet. Do please submit a ticket to Support (http://www.d3go.com/mpq-support) if you run into it and provide any details you can to assist the investigation.
  • iLL619
    iLL619 Posts: 170
    Im on LG android phone
  • Experiencing same issue very frustrating uninstalling and reinstalling has not worked at all nor has clearing cache
  • I've been playing Marvel Puzzle Quest for about 3 weeks. But since the new update (89.315429) I can't start the game. Every time I try to start the game it closes and shows "Looking for resource to download" in the drop down on my Android phone (LG Escape 2) but it never downloads. I've waited over a 24 hours for it to download with strong wi-fi and still nothing. I have also tried clearing cash and data as well as reinstalling the app. But after everything I still can't play the game.
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Looks like the same error as over here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=36673

I wonder how many people like us are affected?
  • Thanks. I thought I was the only one.
  • Ive sent so many email back n forth...submitted the ticket through someone who posted it here....done everything they asked...n it worked fine before n never had a issue with any update....seems like instead of fixing it theyd rather blame the consumer n say its me...650+ days play n 60 characters...super faithful player now locked out of the game with no hope in sight...not happy...lg escape 2
  • To all the peiple who come in here n say theirs is working...awesome good for u...how about contributing to helping it get fixed instead of stroking their ego
  • BumpoTheClown
    BumpoTheClown Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Idl3hanz wrote:
    To all the peiple who come in here n say theirs is working...awesome good for u...how about contributing to helping it get fixed instead of stroking their ego

I'm as frustrated as you are, but it's not as if those who have working systems are going to go fix the bug in their spare time. Any bit of information might be useful to the developers. For instance, they could find that the bug occurs only on brand X phones, but never on brand Y.

And even a mostly useless post (like this one icon_e_wink.gif ) bumps the thread up to the top of the forum, where someone else might notice it and make a contribution that helps.
  • This happened to me today, after mailed the customer service, erased game cache, uninstalling and reinstalling worked for me.
    I played through the tutorial until i was capable of log in facebook and load my savegame.

And it work! I saved 2 years of my life icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Sorry my bad english icon_e_confused.gif
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Getting a the message to update, but when I go to the Play Store there is no update. The game will not load past the upgrade notification. Valuable time is being wasted. Not a good idea to drop a patch in the middle of a new character release.
  • I had this problem with my update for today.

Thanks to this thread, I decided to uninstall the game and reinstall it.

After I reinstalled, I was required to complete about a half an hour's worth of new player tutorials. I kept a close eye on when I could finally access the settings and the facebook backup option. 2 or 3 rungs into the tower climbing tutorial (the 2nd tutorial set) I was finally able to access the backup to facebook option. I selected the save to facebook option. I already had facebook logged on and running in the background. Upon clicking, it gave me a notice that said only one save can be stored to facebook at one time. It gave me 2 options: 1.) Load or 2.) Cancel. It did not give me a save option. I selected the Load option. The game restored to the exact roster and in game currencies that it should have.

I felt helpless, myself, when it booted up into the tutorial mode. Playing through it made it all worthwhile to get my account back. I hope this will help others that may be experiencing the same problem.
  • Same issue. Says needs to download additional resources then nothing. Also deleted and reinstalled and still doesn't work.
  • I have tried all of the different ways to reset this. I have uninstalled/reinstalled, I have cleared the cache, I have reset, I have force quit and looked for a new update (what customer service told me to do). I have also tried this in multiple different orders, if anyone has a specific order please let me know, I was going to get the new spider man but without being able to play all day I doubt I am still up there. I have moved MPQ to a sim card and on phone memory, and I am using a Moto G3.
  • spccrain
    spccrain Posts: 249
    Day 2: I dont known if anyone will find this but a record must be kept. Yesterday Dec 22 R90 was released onto the world with disasterous effects. It has isolated us from the community and is preventing our program from even starting. The R90 virus is spreading like a wild fire..only the androids seem affected. Luke Cage had put out a distress call but I was not able to respond because we couldn't find the resources...he is most likely dead. It is now my fear that the DDQ will go undone for the first time since it started.. We're running low on tokens. Tacos are in short supply and we still need one more red ap to repulser punch our way from beneath the rubble..I hope the d3 rescue squad arrives soon..and I hope they bring moonstone covers for everyone. Spccrain signing off.

Update: today I had to speak to the people calling themselves my 'family'..it was excruciating. They have wants and needs that they think are more important than my need for a purple Jean Grey.
  • spccrain
    Day 3: we tried everything the IT department said, even unplugging it and waiting 5 minutes but to no avail. I found out today that I got divorced 2 months ago. I didn't know because there wasn't an in game ad about it. It must have been my 750 day resupply. Either way it's a blessing. There weren't enough tacos to go around.
    We're even running low on chimichongas and Wade is starting to lose his tinykitty. He cut off his hand, put it on a stick, and he's making shadow puppets.
    We missed our resupply for the first time in nearly 800 days and if we dont get some Beast covers then I fear we are doomed.
    We will hold out hope that lvl 395 Juggernaut will headbutt his way through the barrier blocking communication but Colossus stole his helmet and has become unstable. Help us demiurge, you are our only hope.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    My wife has a LG G Stylo with android 5.1 and this error is STILL HAPPENING!!! Is there any solution in site? Uninstalled and Installed several times and each time she gets the dreaded "looking for resources to download" message.

PLEASE PROVIDE HELP!!!
  • spccrain
    Day 4: The tacos are gone..deadpool tried to hang himself when he got the news but now he's just pretending to be a tetherball. Iceman keeps looking at me funny and I'm beginning to fear for my tinykitty.

There's a fat guy in a red suit here now. I thought maybe magneto drank too much eggnog but this guy appears to be a pimp..he wears a red velvet suit and runs around screaming something about hos. He did give everyone something wrapped in an impossible to open paper. It was a black rock that you can apparently burn for heat. This may prove useful if we can't get communication back online.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Has anyone in this thread attempted the steps outlined in this other thread?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37062#p460288
    I got it to work!!!!!!

This is what worked for me:
    1 - uninstall game
    2 - clear cache
    3 - go to any app that says "Google" or "Google Play" (but not the Google Keyboard) and select "Force Stop" then "Clear data" (in my phone this was found in Settings > General > Apps)
    4 - restart phone
    5 - go to Google Play and download game

I must've tried 1 & 2 above dozens and dozens of times but it kept making me download a 16.15 MB patch that wouldn't work. Only when I added in #3 did it give me the big starter patch and after playing through the tutorial and loading my facebook save, I was good to go

I haven't tried this myself, don't use Android, and do not work for D3, so I have no way of knowing if this will work, but it seems like a pretty thorough process.
  • spccrain
    Day 4: D3 sent us no support but thanks to the valiant efforts of manhammer777 and dayvbang we have reestablished communication. It's a good thing too because I think even cyclops was beginning to lose it. He started walking around and suddenly stopping to look over his shoulder heroically. Jean can't stop staring... Neither can Bobby.
    After sitting through the 30 minute training videos and another 30 minutes of friends sending supplies we were finally able to obtain more tacos. Moonstones for all!!
    *End Transmission*